Non-Minnesota NHL News XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Ducks looked like they were gonna make a game of it when they scored their 2nd goal, and then they choked on Detroit's forecheck. Seriously, Yeo needs to study those last few minutes so he can learn what a proper forecheck looks like. ****ing Detroit.

Well at least the Ducks and Wings went 7. Now I just hope Chicago and Detroit go 7 before Chicago comes away with it. I really wanted to see San Jose and Chicago in round two.

I ****ing can't stand Detroit. So sick of hearing about them year after year after year. Sick of Babcock and his ******** subtle interference. and I don't want Bertuuzi to even get a whiff of the Cup.

So yeah, Chicago, as much as I hate your guts right now, please kill off these turkeys.

San Jose and Los Angeles should be a close series I think. I'll need to ruminate on it overnight.

Going to be interesting to see what matchup comes out of tomorrows game 7's. Personally I'd like to see Washington and Toronto, mostly because I hate the Rangers and I'm sick of seeing Boston teams do so well. Also Toronto needs a series win. Then they can choke in the semis.

Altho wouldn't it be hilarious if if came down to Ottawa and Toronto in the ECF? That's NBC's nightmare matchup and CBC's dream matchup.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

That's why.

That's the main reason, yeah.

Also just on principle...LA didn't need a second team (let alone its suburbs) and to give it one as a marketing gimmick (for a movie about Minnesota hockey culture!!!) the year the North Stars moved... I dunno, the whole thing just kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
But everyone here seems to root for the Sharks.... they took out the ****in all star! Screw you, Pickles!

The Sharks are cool except for Vlasic, Torres, and Havlat. burns is still awesome. So are Marleau and Thornton. I love the Sharks colors as well. So classy. And I also think they are one of the good parts of the North Stars legacy.

California Seals -> Oakland Seals -> Cleveland Barons -> Barons merge with North Stars -> North Stars dispersed to North Stars and San Jose Sharks, both of which participate in an expansion draft that year.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
That's the main reason, yeah.

Also just on principle...LA didn't need a second team (let alone its suburbs) and to give it one as a marketing gimmick (for a movie about Minnesota hockey culture!!!) the year the North Stars moved... I dunno, the whole thing just kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

Yeah, the Ducks should not exist on principle. That team should have been awarded as an expansion team to Dallas instead of our North Stars, which featured in the movie, moving down there. Boy it would have been nice if Bettman had stuck up for our team as much as he tried to stick up for Atlanta, and of course, his precious Coyotes, which themselves are another stolen franchise, robbed from the people of Winnipeg. Granted, it was probably a lot easier for them as the former Jets shed their old identity, unlike Dallas, which still uses the same star design as the one that sat atop the arrow in the N. That's OUR star, the NORTH STAR, god dammit.

The NHL really **** the bed that whole decade, to be honest.

*breathes deep*

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Boy it would have been nice if Bettman had stuck up for our team as much as he tried to stick up for Atlanta, and of course, his precious Coyotes, which themselves are another stolen franchise, robbed from the people of Winnipeg.

Stop with the propaganda. I hate Bettman but his hands were tied with the North Stars situation and really, he wasn't on the job for more than a few months before the North Stars moved. His hands were tied with the Winnipeg situation. And he did nothing about Atlanta when they moved legally. The Coyotes situation is a bit murkier because it's owned by the NHL. Bettman can only do so much.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I've started to dislike Kovalchuk because of his attitude in this year's WHC.

He went partying and was apparently drunk. That's fine and all, but they faced France the next day. France won.
He asked the team's doctor to get him a regular Pepsi during the game. He only shared it with Radulov.
Also he was real mad in the game vs. Finland and broke Janne Pesonen's nose.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I've started to dislike Kovalchuk because of his attitude in this year's WHC.

He went partying and was apparently drunk. That's fine and all, but they faced France the next day. France won.
He asked the team's doctor to get him a regular Pepsi during the game. He only shared it with Radulov.
Also he was real mad in the game vs. Finland and broke Janne Pesonen's nose.

Video evidence is necessary....

Couldn't find evidence of partying just yet

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/mmkiekko/art-1288564530040.html

In Finnish, so I'll translate.

Per eye witness reports, Kovalchuk was on a real party mood and seemed to be drunk. He was seen in restaurant Teatteri late wednesday evening.

The next day Russia played against France. France beat Russia 2-1 and caused one of the biggest upsets ever in WHC.

Kovalchuk and the rest of Russian team played really poorly vs France. It's difficult to evaluate how much the previous night affected Kovalchuk's play.

Kovalchuk punched Janne Pesonen in the face in the next game vs Finland, and received a game misconduct because of his overreaction.

There isn't any info where the rest of the Russian team were on wednesday night.

And, the most beautiful .gif:

jv9dsoY2J5L9TZ9KpeYH.gif

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Yeah, Kovalchuk is a ****ing POS. I never really liked him, but his actions in this WHC has made me really hate the guy. Selfish, arrogant, overly aggressive little brat who should be put on her place.

I hope that Finland faces Russia in the semis, so Marko Anttila can punch her little pig face in, just for sucker-punching Pesonen and being a PITA.

Ugh. There something about certain Russians in hockey that really irks me, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Emelin et cetera. With that said, it's not only a Russian thing. In general, overpaid, bratty, self-centered, spoiled "superstars" shouldn't have a place in the noble sport of hockey. It's exactly what ruined soccer, is in progress of ruining NBA and will soon ruin every other major sport out there.

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Don't know really. As a Finn, it would make sense for me to root for the Ducks (Selänne, Koivu, Lydman, Vatanen), but for some reason I really started to dislike them this season.

Just didn't like how their team played. Plus, the Zucker hit didn't exactly help. I guess I don't like Ryan, Perry or Getzlaf at all.

Yeah, I used to have Ducks as my #2 favorite in the NHL. Used to. I didn't really follow NHL in 2003 to really hate the Ducks because of that, and I was just happy to see Teemu getting the Cup in 2007.

Despite the number of Finns, two of them which are living legends of Finnish hockey, I still can't stand the rest of the Ducks. I've tried to, but they're just dirty POS. And yeah, they shouldn't have a team in the first place.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I hope that Finland faces Russia in the semis, so Marko Anttila can punch her little pig face in, just for sucker-punching Pesonen and being a PITA.

I liked how Anttila winked and blew kisses to Kovy the whole game :laugh:

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
There's just not a team I can't stand as much as the Ducks. Some mad priest married goonery and whining, forced them into bed and gave the abortion a hockey stick. I'm pretty sure the legacy Pronger left them was some continued ritual of abuse they still tearfully commit to each other that gives them all permanent doucheface.

Did one of the intermission guys say Datsyuk was "using filthy stick language"? There were some weird things said last night. It was great.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I've never liked Perry, Ryan or Getzlaf. I've always like Selanne, Hiller and Saku Koivu.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Yeah, Kovalchuk is a ****ing POS. I never really liked him, but his actions in this WHC has made me really hate the guy. Selfish, arrogant, overly aggressive little brat who should be put on her place.

Ugh. There something about certain Russians in hockey that really irks me, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Emelin et cetera. With that said, it's not only a Russian thing. In general, overpaid, bratty, self-centered, spoiled "superstars" shouldn't have a place in the noble sport of hockey. It's exactly what ruined soccer, is in progress of ruining NBA and will soon ruin every other major sport out there.

I agree. I dislike a bunch of players for the same reason. Some of them are Russian, but then again, a lot of them aren't.

It's always interesting to "see" what certain superstars do when they come here for the WC. Some of them show their true colors. Anyone remember Getzlaf from last year? Didn't he almost get into a bar fight?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I agree. I dislike a bunch of players for the same reason. Some of them are Russian, but then again, a lot of them aren't.

It's always interesting to "see" what certain superstars do when they come here for the WC. Some of them show their true colors. Anyone remember Getzlaf from last year? Didn't he almost get into a bar fight?

The rumor was that he hit on Miss Finland in a bar and almost got in to a fight, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad