GDT: Nobodies vs THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED

How cups will the Blues be awarded by beating us tonight?

• Just ours

Votes: 10 21.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.3%

• All of them

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
No, I'm just saying he was also a guy that bulked up and then ended up slimming way down. Year 2 (or 3?) MacKinnon was a thicc boy.
I think it was his 2nd year... like 10 games into the season it was an admitted mistake and he said he was slimming back down.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think it was his 2nd year... like 10 games into the season it was an admitted mistake and he said he was slimming back down.
He bulked up in the summer between year 1 and year 2...I don't remember him admitting it was a mistake this early though (10 games??). He stayed this big for a while.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
fat Mack:

wsoDV7u.png

normal Mack:
pbVvOCd.png

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He bulked up in the summer between year 1 and year 2...I don't remember him admitting it was a mistake this early though (10 games??). He stayed this big for a while.
He never said it directly, but it was something like Roy saying he lost all the weight sometime in November in reference to a question on MacK losing a step.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
His confidence is shot… very clear he is over thinking and hesitant. Even if you’re sitting him for a traffic cone, the mental reset might be good for him.
I think the best option for him and the team is to move on. He still has trade value so we could use him to get a decent return or in a package deal.

For him I don't see him finding it here, maybe just needs a fresh start somewhere else. Probably best for his career to move on.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think the best option for him and the team is to move on. He still has trade value so we could use him to get a decent return or in a package deal.

For him I don't see him finding it here, maybe just needs a fresh start somewhere else. Probably best for his career to move on.

I think the trade value debate is a rather interesting one. He certainly still has some trade value (even Jost had some at the end!), but how much I think is incredibly variable and growing more so by the day. I don't know how anybody looks at his body of work and values him anywhere near at 1st rounder. He shows some signs, but also some real struggles. Those struggles he's having likely limit the number of teams that would be interested in him. It is going to take a team with weakness up front and a scouting staff that were huge fans of him to pay value the Avs would likely desire. That is likely a small, select group of teams. Of course you could dump him for a 3rd to anybody, but that likely hurts the Avs more than it helps.

I could certainly see him finding it here, but it'll have to be in a different manner than what the Avs are trying.

I really think for Newhook to be at his best, you need a speedy, very good forechecker on the other wing who can one touch passes and be effective without the puck (Lehky is exactly that) and you need a bigger, space creating center who excels with the puck on his stick. You could have a Newhook-MacK-Lehky line that would likely be very good and get Newhook settled... it would also very likely hurt the top line production. If you could get Larkin as a 2C (pipedream), I think you could really have him settle in.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Thank **** you guys aren’t GMs. Wanting to chuck Newhook out this young. Absolute overreactions.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Thank **** you guys aren’t GMs. Wanting to chuck Newhook out this young. Absolute overreactions.

I'm not speaking for everyone but most of us who are not happy with Newhook's play are just saying he's never going to be a 2C. That's a far cry from wanting to "chuck" him. He has the talent to be a good scoring winger. Just not a center though.

I will say this though, if indeed he doesn't pan out as a center, that'll make him a lot more expendable in management's eyes.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Caved? Didn't we just beat Carolina, blow a big lead against the Isles and lose to the Devils 1-0?? Wouldn't call any of those getting caved (unless of course you're referring to Corsi or whatever, which I haven't looked into). Agree on the other points though about our PP and 5v5 not being sustainable.

I like to think that both the PP and PK are a bit of an outlier and that they essentially cancel each other out and will regress towards the mean.

Avs will be fine. I'll take their performance with a depleted lineup against a Cup contender like Carolina any day, over their performance against St Louis with an even more depleted lineup, and a couple lucky goals for the Blues.

All this team needs to do is make the playoffs and be relatively healthy at that time and they'll have a decent chance to repeat.

Reactions: 5280

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Huh? The only people that are talking about trading him are if it's for a 2C that fits the team. I don't think anyone here is advocating for just getting rid of him at all costs lol.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Huh? The only people that are talking about trading him are if it's for a 2C that fits the team. I don't think anyone here is advocating for just getting rid of him at all costs lol.
I personally dont want to trade him at all I just dont want him to be this teams 2C lol. Get an actual 2C and I have no problem where you play Newhook after that.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I personally dont want to trade him at all I just dont want him to be this teams 2C lol. Get an actual 2C and I have no problem where you play Newhook after that.
I agree. I'd rather keep Hook and play him on the wing, I think he'll end up good there. But if it cost Newhook to get a legit 2C than that would be fine with me.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hopefully that happens.

At the very least I'm pretty sure they'll trade for some type of 2C. My money's on Toews.

Manson and EJ were key to the Avs Cup win. They need guys like Josh, especially with EJ's injury history. Girard would struggle defensively even more without them too.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad