GDT: Nobodies vs THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How cups will the Blues be awarded by beating us tonight?

• Just ours

Votes: 10 21.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.3%

• All of them

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If Roy said Nate burned off all the added weight by November of his 2nd year, a month into the season, then we can safely say it was never a real problem to begin with anyway. If this is the genesis of the bulking up narrative, it's not a good one.

We go through this every year with this topic. All young players need to bulk up. It's part of the process. You can't bulk and cut in the same off season. Look at how strong Nate is despite being so lean. That's in part from all the muscle he put on when he was younger, before he cut the fat.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Scott f***ing Darling had a NTC? WTF?

Ron Francis. Gave up a 3rd for him and then signed him to a 4 x $4.125M deal with a 15 team NTC, after putting up decent numbers as a backup for the 1st in the west Hawks the previous year.

Then after two sub 900 seasons, somehow got Florida to give him Reimer (who was cheaper) for Darling and a 6th.

I feel like I'm missing something with that Florida deal though. It doesn't make any sense at all. Reimer had two years left with a $3.4M AAV and a total of $6.2M left in salary. Darling had two years left with a $4.125M AAV and $7.1M in salary.

Why did Florida even make that trade just to buy Darling out the same day? Why didn't they just buy out Reimer for cheaper? Did they really want Yauheni Aksiantsiuk in the 6th round, who still hasn't played a game in NA?

Edit: Looks like Reimer's signing bonus in the final year made him more expensive for the cap the following season.

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Ron Francis. Gave up a 3rd for him and then signed him to a 4 x $4.125M deal with a 15 team NTC, after putting up decent numbers as a backup for the 1st in the west Hawks the previous year.

Then after two sub 900 seasons, somehow got Florida to give him Reimer (who was cheaper) for Darling and a 6th.

I feel like I'm missing something with that Florida deal though. It doesn't make any sense at all. Reimer had two years left with a $3.4M AAV and a total of $6.2M left in salary. Darling had two years left with a $4.125M AAV and $7.1M in salary.

Why did Florida even make that trade just to buy Darling out the same day? Why didn't they just buy out Reimer for cheaper? Did they really want Yauheni Aksiantsiuk in the 6th round, who still hasn't played a game in NA?

Edit: Looks like Reimer's signing bonus in the final year made him more expensive for the cap the following season.
Hats off to his agent, it's highway robbery.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's funny that you think they'll even survive this road trip. We're f***ed.
I think they'll go 1-2

Lose to Canes(Canes will want revenge)
Beat the Caps(Caps are as injured as the Avs)
Lose to Dallas(Avs never win in Dallas)

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I'm still not over the fact that 34-year-old Cory Sarich had to waive a NTC in order to come to Colorado, and he signed said deal with the NTC included when he was 33!
Oof that's bad. (I had completely forgotten about Sarich as an Avs)

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oof that's bad. (I had completely forgotten about Sarich has an Avs)
Yeah that blueline was as piecemeal as it came beyond a rookie Barrie (pretty sure he was still a rookie at that point) and EJ. Holden, Benoit, Sarich, Hejda, and Guenin, hell, even one game of Hunwick!

Also literally learned that Sarich's career ended after that season because of a severe spinal injury he got when he was biking in the offseason and got hit by a car. :amazed:

• Wow
Reactions: shadow1

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah that blueline was as piecemeal as it came beyond a rookie Barrie (pretty sure he was still a rookie at that point) and EJ. Holden, Benoit, Sarich, Hejda, and Guenin, hell, even one game of Hunwick!

Also literally learned that Sarich's career ended after that season because of a severe spinal injury he got when he was biking in the offseason and got hit by a car. :amazed:
I'll take that defensive corps over the 16-17 one any day of the week lol. F***ing Wiercioch, Beauchemin, and Gelinas dear god.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'll take that defensive corps over the 16-17 one any day of the week lol. F***ing Wiercioch, Beauchemin, and Gelinas dear god.
That whole team outside of the core was somehow the slowest and also the softest team in the league at the same time. They were every bit deserving of that 48-point record.

I hope that’s the worst hockey I will ever witness.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
My favorite Avs defense ever was at the end of the 2008-2009 season.

Leopold was traded at the deadline, while Clark, Foote, Nycholat, Salei (RIP), and Tjarnqvist were injured:

LDRD
HannanLiles
VernaceMacias
MacKenziePeltier
O'Neill

This group played 6 games together; Colorado went 1-5-0 and were shut out 4 times.... but surprisingly only allowed 13 goals against (2.16 GAA). :nod:

(In all seriousness, I remember thinking Vernace looked decent but he never became an NHL player)

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019

Leopold was traded at the deadline, while Clark, Foote, Nycholat, Salei (RIP), and Tjarnqvist were injured:

LDRD
HannanLiles
VernaceMacias
MacKenziePeltier
O'Neill

This group played 6 games together; Colorado went 1-5-0 and were shut out 4 times.... but surprisingly only allowed 13 goals against (2.16 GAA). :nod:

(In all seriousness, I remember thinking Vernace looked decent but he never became an NHL player)
Ray Macias.

Damn that's a blast from the past.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007

LDRD
HannanLiles
VernaceMacias
MacKenziePeltier
O'Neill

I remember believing 100% Vernace was going to be a thing. /sigh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad