GDT: Nobodies vs THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How cups will the Blues be awarded by beating us tonight?

• Just ours

Votes: 10 21.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.3%

• All of them

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
-Rantanen has been our best player so far this year. At least in the games I've seen
-Mike Hunt hates scoring
-Binnington is so unorthodox in net. Looks like a goalie straight from the 90s
-Perhaps we could try ERod on defense? Could be like the Sedin twins. Toews can anchor the 2nd pair
-Double snowman is horrible. Completely out of position the entire game
-Still lost despite best Refalanche efforts

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Is it Galchenyuk time yet? I mean honestly he can't possibly any more useless than guys like Megna.

We just need guys that can play more than 5-7 mins. Galchenyuk could easily give you 10-12. Time to let this experiment start. We really don't have much to lose.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Is it Galchenyuk time yet? I mean honestly he can't possibly any more useless than guys like Megna.

We just need guys that can play more than 5-7 mins. Galchenyuk could easily give you 10-12. Time to let this experiment start. We really don't have much to lose.
I had no issues with Megna. He was actually decent for the few shifts he played. I would try to get Galchenyuk in just dont know for who.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
f*** that. So many missed grade A opportunities lol. Let the bLuesers enjoy their odd November win. Still rotting in the sink of the division.

Reactions: katfude

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
with a 5 on 3 you can go for the perfect shot so create one force the defender to pull away from coverage. You dont need to go a thousand miles a minute. This team has no clue what to do when they have extra space.

I think this is just a byproduct of Bednar's system. Gotta take the good with the bad.

The good is he drills their 5v5 system so into their head in practice, it's become second nature, and they're a well oiled machine now. Which is a big reason why they won the Cup.

The bad is, there's only so much practice time to use without burning out all the players, that you have to pick and choose what to work on. With special teams practice and individual skill drills with Allard being so important to this team's susccess, other things that don't come up very often in games don't get worked on very much.

Early in Bednar's tenure it was the 3 on3 that was god awful. They've always struggled at faceoffs. Their 4 on 4 was really bad the last couple years. Their 5 on 3 and by extension 6 on 3 has alwasy been bad too.

Injuries I think are also a byprodcut of Bednar's system. We've had too many years in a row now of constant injuries, and I think it's due to a combination of fatigue from all the skating in practice and games, and trying to do everything at full top speed, that your awareness to protect yourself suffers sometimes. Groin injuries also a problem. I wonder if this is what's going on with Bo?

Reactions: Bender

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
giphy.gif

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Idk if it's been mentioned but Rantanen has been in on the last 8 Avs goals scored.

I thought it might be some kind of modern day feat but remembered McDavid plays in the league so probably not.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
half of our roster are AHL talents and this team still doesn't have a top level superstar. To call your team nobodies shows how entitled you shits are. Try harder.
Go ahead an take a peek at the Avs roster you absolute dipshit. One fluke bounce and y'all lose to the Eagles. Fluke goal, fluke win, fluke Cup. You guys should be used to that, so enjoy it!

• Haha
Reactions: katfude and xAvsx89

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Not to concerned. The Avs looked like the better team with probably the worse roster this team has iced in 5 years. Blues need the two points more than we do.

True. Only saw first two periods but I thought we played great. Our roster is weak at the moment but we play good hockey.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I had no issues with Megna. He was actually decent for the few shifts he played. I would try to get Galchenyuk in just dont know for who.
I have no issues with Megna or Ranta but they are only playing like 5-7 mins and it's going to kill the rest of the guys.

With Galchenyuk, I feel like he is just a better NHL option than those 2 as he's been in the NHL and knows what to expect. And could probably play at least 10-12 mins to take some pressure off some other guys.

Not saying Galchenyuk is any good but he's probably a better option than those 2 if they are only going to play 5-7 mins.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Only watched the 1st last night and fell asleep honestly. Looks like we carried the play but got out goalied. Not too worked up about this. Nice to see Makar creep back into form to quietly start burning down some villages again.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Not an ounce of concern from me. Binnington was on his revenge tour and extra motivated and snatched the win for the blues, and we have a mountain of injured corpses and are playing players some of whom I've never even heard of. We were still competitive and could have won. Good enough for me at this point.

My issue with just being competitive and could have won is about the level of competition. To me, the Blues look like a lottery team. I'll be shocked if they don't pick top 10 and more likely in the 5-7 range. That is a pretty bad team, and the Avs were just competitive. Yeah the Avs have injuries, but just being competitive with the likes of Nashville and St Louis is not a positive sign IMO. Especially when combined with getting caved by Carolina, Isles and Devils recently.

Avs are treading water based on the goaltending being very good and the PP being absurd. The PP is showing signs of regression now. Unless goaltending is suddenly back in the NHL, that will likely regress too (though the numbers aren't so high they are unrealistic to sustain).

Only watched the 1st last night and fell asleep honestly. Looks like we carried the play but got out goalied. Not too worked up about this. Nice to see Makar creep back into form to quietly start burning down some villages again.
It was firewagon hockey with chances all over the place. Blues were consistently more dangerous with their chances, but Avs had more volume.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I just want someone to tell the team that MacKinnon isn't Ovechkin and that shot never, ever goes in.

Reactions: Bront

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Next 3 games on the road against Canes, Caps and Stars. Let's see how Avs survive this 3 games. Will be hard with all the injuries

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I have no issues with Megna or Ranta but they are only playing like 5-7 mins and it's going to kill the rest of the guys.

With Galchenyuk, I feel like he is just a better NHL option than those 2 as he's been in the NHL and knows what to expect. And could probably play at least 10-12 mins to take some pressure off some other guys.

Not saying Galchenyuk is any good but he's probably a better option than those 2 if they are only going to play 5-7 mins.
Personally I would sit Newhook over both Megna and Ranta. Atleast with those two you are getting effort and you more or less know what you are getting especially with Megna. Newhook refuses to move his feet and earned his benching last night.

Reactions: chet1926

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
My issue with just being competitive and could have won is about the level of competition. To me, the Blues look like a lottery team. I'll be shocked if they don't pick top 10 and more likely in the 5-7 range. That is a pretty bad team, and the Avs were just competitive. Yeah the Avs have injuries, but just being competitive with the likes of Nashville and St Louis is not a positive sign IMO. Especially when combined with getting caved by Carolina, Isles and Devils recently.

Avs are treading water based on the goaltending being very good and the PP being absurd. The PP is showing signs of regression now. Unless goaltending is suddenly back in the NHL, that will likely regress too (though the numbers aren't so high they are unrealistic to sustain).

It was firewagon hockey with chances all over the place. Blues were consistently more dangerous with their chances, but Avs had more volume.

Caved? Didn't we just beat Carolina, blow a big lead against the Isles and lose to the Devils 1-0?? Wouldn't call any of those getting caved (unless of course you're referring to Corsi or whatever, which I haven't looked into). Agree on the other points though about our PP and 5v5 not being sustainable.

I like to think that both the PP and PK are a bit of an outlier and that they essentially cancel each other out and will regress towards the mean.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Caved? Didn't we just beat Carolina, blow a big lead against the Isles and lose to the Devils 1-0?? Wouldn't call any of those getting caved (unless of course you're referring to Corsi or whatever, which I haven't looked into). Agree on the other points though about our PP and 5v5 not being sustainable.

I like to think that both the PP and PK are a bit of an outlier and that they essentially cancel each other out and will regress towards the mean.
Caved is in possession time (puck on stick, not a derivative), Corsi, sc, hdsc, etc. Avs are primarily winning based on very good goaltending and a very good power play. (Also a shoutout to very opportune on the rush as well) The underlying has been rather poor this year and the Avs are just surviving off some unsustainable areas of the game. MacK and Rants aren’t going to be putting up 2-3 goals a game for every game, nor is the PP going to be clipping at 30-50%… nor is George likely to maintain a .924 sv% (unless scoring suddenly dips this season). When those things move to more normalized areas, those games turn from close games or slight wins, to 2-3-4 goal losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad