GDT: NJD @ WSH; Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
for the Caps?

Nice!

More on the PK Tallinder should never ever ever ever ever be killing a 2 minute minor. If it's a double minor, or 5 minute major and you need to rotate guys then fine. You have to keep rotating guys.

That's a start is making sure he NEVER sniffs the PK again.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Another terrible effort though. Holtby made a couple big saves, but it's not like he was stealing the game. We need to be able to kill penalties.

Why is the penalty kill so bad? Can't tell me Parise. Parise leaving don't cause the PK to go from first to a bottom 10 in the league. Especially since our PK was really good the first few weeks of the season. Then we had a stretch of 19 for 19.

It seems we're giving up MULTIPLE PP goals a game.

Slump mixed with Fayne being benched and Tally having PK for some ungodly reason. It was slumping last week even with Fayne, but it didn't look nearly as bad. When we switched it Dmen it got MUCH worse.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
Go to 0:44 for flyby angry Ribeiro :laugh:

Also, Devils winning again?
Ms5gY18.png

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Slump mixed with Fayne being benched and Tally having PK for some ungodly reason. It was slumping last week even with Fayne, but it didn't look nearly as bad. When we switched it Dmen it got MUCH worse.

It can get better. I don't think we need to overhaul it or anything. I think half the goals we've given up this season are PP goals against. It sucks that Marty's playing so well this year, but he's slightly above league average in over save percentage cause of the bad PKing.

His even strength is 930+

Yeah Tallinder off the PK a no brainer.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Love Larsson's mentality when shooting. I don't think he ever shoots to score, but create a better scoring chance off rebounds. Pretty evident by his assist tonight and all the back door passes he tries.

On the other end, Zidlicky is annoying as ****. How many shots on the power play have missed the ****ing net this year?

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I feel bad for Tallinder. The guy can play, despite what he has looked like thus far this season. It's not easy to get the boot for 2 weeks and then just jump right back on the horse the way he was asked to. And you also have to consider how little hockey this guy has played over the last year. Not sure when he exactly went out last season but how many games has this guy played? Maybe 15? That said, he looked ****ing horrid on that first goal against.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Tallinder has been on for 3 PPGA in 8:43 SHTOI (0:52 SHTOI/G). Fayne has been on for 2 PPGA in 32:53 SHTOI (2:44 SHTOI/G).

Not to mention how badly Tallinder was coned tonight.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's not like our PP is firing on all cylinders...

My point is he has something to offer, not put him out there for the hell of it. I honestly think he would be an upgrade.

Somehow the PP is in the top ten...I don't know how. It's almost like they play possum at times then let the monster out of its cage.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Tallinder has been on for 3 PPGA in 8:43 SHTOI (0:52 SHTOI/G). Fayne has been on for 2 PPGA in 32:53 SHTOI (2:44 SHTOI/G).

Not to mention how badly Tallinder was coned tonight.

The most important part of a PK is the goalie, when the goalie makes big saves everyone looks good, when the goalie lets a dribbler go in then everyone looks bad.

I'm not prepared to use 9 minutes and 33 minutes of ice time to decide what a guy can and can't do forever. I don't think Tallinder is the best PK guy on the team, but I think he does a fine job on the PK in general.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Somehow the PP is in the top ten...I don't know how. It's almost like they play possum at times then let the monster out of its cage.

How many 5 on 3 goals have we had? Seems like at least 4. We've had more 2-man advantages this season than all of last season I feel like.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
As bad as Tallinder and Zids were tonight the whole team still spends too much time in the defensive zone and have recurrent issues on breakouts lately. The problem runs deeper than our 2 defensive liabilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad