GDT: NJD @ WSH; Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Agreed. And I don't understand the sympathy for the Caps in regards the the 3rd penalty fest. They owed their damn lead to a ******** non-call in the first place.

Everyone expects the Devils to not miss a beat but the lineup is a little thin right now.

I think we were gifted by not getting a delay of game at the end there though. So maybe the tilt was in our favor, but I agree with you. We were hosed by bad calls, and non-calls in the 2nd. Refs were horrid across the board, but take the two points.

Also we DID tie the game even strength...

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
This game seemed similar to the last time we played the Caps, but in reverse, in terms of penalties.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Refs gave this game to the Devils!!!!

dealDANO_zpsee052cf3.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I get that Zidlicky and Kovalchuk are going to play the lion's share of PP time and I'm not complaining about Greene on the second unit, but if this kid Larsson is going to be your future you gotta give him a shot. Especially as a reward for what has been excellent play 5v5.

I love watching Larsson pass the puck, always on the tape. Haven't even scratched the surface what he can bring.

They'll give Larsson his time on the PP, it's just a matter of when. Pete knows he overloaded him last year, now he wants to be a little more judicious. Let him master 5-on-5. Plenty of time to let Larsson do that, then gradually work him into the PP mix again before the postseason.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I think we were gifted by not getting a delay of game at the end there though. So maybe the tilt was in our favor, but I agree with you. We were hosed by bad calls, and non-calls in the 2nd. Refs were horrid across the board, but take the two points.

Also we DID tie the game even strength...

You're going to have to look really hard for a guy getting a delay of game called when he puts one out by going through the benches. Even when it goes over the back glass it's not called.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
They'll give Larsson his time on the PP, it's just a matter of when. Pete knows he overloaded him last year, now he wants to be a little more judicious. Let him master 5-on-5. Plenty of time to let Larsson do that, then gradually work him into the PP mix again before the postseason.

This is much too rational. He needs to be on the PP NOW!! Our coach sucks.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Another terrible effort though. Holtby made a couple big saves, but it's not like he was stealing the game. We need to be able to kill penalties.

Why is the penalty kill so bad? Can't tell me Parise. Parise leaving don't cause the PK to go from first to a bottom 10 in the league. Especially since our PK was really good the first few weeks of the season. Then we had a stretch of 19 for 19.

It seems we're giving up MULTIPLE PP goals a game.

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
At this point, if a team even remotely has interest in Tallinder, we should trade him immediately. His value is only going down each game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Another terrible effort though. Holtby made a couple big saves, but it's not like he was stealing the game. We need to be able to kill penalties.

Why is the penalty kill so bad? Can't tell me Parise. Parise leaving don't cause the PK to go from first to a bottom 10 in the league. Especially since our PK was really good the first few weeks of the season. Then we had a stretch of 19 for 19.

The comical thing is pretty much all the multiple PP goal games are without Fayne in the lineup. They weren't that bad until Fayne started getting 'hurt' and scratched.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010

The PK is not good right now. But last year we had the same issues with the PP where SH goals were being given away like candy. It's early in the season and can still be fixed, much like that SH goal issue last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad