Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
These agreements are just dumb. Why couldn't he play for the last few weeks of the season with the RANGERS (edited) and then play in the Worlds? Especially since (sorry) the Rangers look like they are not making the playoffs. Tons of NHL'ers head over to play once the regular season is finished.

In a normal year, that would work with the season ending mid-April.

But the current NHL season ends 10 days before the start of the IIHF Worlds which isn't enough for players to complete their quarantine and join the team.

Reactions: egelband

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Sorry, I thought it was common and just a fun word to use. Nothing bad intended. Like Nucks, Aves, etc. Just a short quick way to say a teams name.
I use Gers as shorthand.

A buddy of mine in college was an Islanders fan. He called them the Ders and the Rangers the Gers. Stuck with me ever since.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Sorry, I thought it was common and just a fun word to use. Nothing bad intended. Like Nucks, Aves, etc. Just a short quick way to say a teams name.

dcc.jpg

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
I use Gers as shorthand.

A buddy of mine in college was an Islanders fan. He called them the Ders and the Rangers the Gers. Stuck with me ever since.
Thanks, never heard anyone say Gers or Ders before. BTW I live in Vancouver and just appreciate good hockey players and teams league wide.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
In a normal year, that would work with the season ending mid-April.

But the current NHL season ends 10 days before the start of the IIHF Worlds which isn't enough for players to complete their quarantine and join the team.
Besides, I am sure we would all rather he not burn an ELC year just to play 10 games anyway.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Besides, I am sure we would all rather he not burn an ELC year just to play 10 games anyway.

The 10-game limit isn't a thing with Lundkvist.

That's only relevant for slide-eligible contracts and a player can only get a slide eligible ELC if signed in the calendar year of his 18th or 19th birthday. If Lundkvist signs the contract and they have it kick in, it counts regardless of him playing a game (Same as Jones).

But it's irrelevant. The only way he is released is if he requests a release from the national team and I highly doubt that with how much of an honour it is to represent your country at the Worlds, especially for a kid who is just 20 years old

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
The 10-game limit isn't a thing with Lundkvist.

That's only relevant for slide-eligible contracts and a player can only get a slide eligible ELC if signed in the calendar year of his 18th or 19th birthday. If Lundkvist signs the contract and they have it kick in, it counts regardless of him playing a game (Same as Jones).

But it's irrelevant. The only way he is released is if he requests a release from the national team and I highly doubt that with how much of an honour it is to represent your country at the Worlds, especially for a kid who is just 20 years old
I wasn't referring to the 10 game limit at all. I said 10 games arbitrarily. My point is if they signed him this year and brought him to play in some of the remaining games this year, it will burn a year off of his ELC. Burning a year just to play a few games this season doesn't make sense.

And yes I know it is irrelevant, but I was speaking hypothetically.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I wasn't referring to the 10 game limit at all. I said 10 games arbitrarily. My point is if they signed him this year and brought him to play in some of the remaining games this year, it will burn a year off of his ELC. Burning a year just to play a few games this season doesn't make sense.

And yes I know it is irrelevant, but I was speaking hypothetically.

And I am not sure Lundkvist wants to anyway. He'd give up a chance to play in the Worlds for Sweden to join the team early, when he can just sign with them afterwards.

99% of non-Rangers fans think that "Rags" is similar to Pens and Isles.

I don't have a problem with it to be honest.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
he's not yet 21, he's on his way here soon,
after fabulous post-draft improvement and production
there is no urgency to getting him here immediately
"next season" is (very likely) just 10 games away ...

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
he's not yet 21, he's on his way here soon,
after fabulous post-draft improvement and production
there is no urgency to getting him here immediately
"next season" is (very likely) just 10 games away ...
Selfishly, I want to see him play as I may protect him in my 10 player keeper league next year and would love to see him play a few NHL games first. I even traded away Fox (just before he went crazy a few weeks ago) as I believe Nils will eventually replace Fox on the number 1 pp.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, I thought it was more of a term of endearment in a sort of humble self-deprecating way.

It apparently was originally used by our rivals as a term derived from "on the rag". I think sometimes HFNYR lacks common sense when it comes to it. Now if a Rangers fan did it, I can see letting them no in a non-dickish way since they should know better.

Reactions: John Snow

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Selfishly, I want to see him play as I may protect him in my 10 player keeper league next year and would love to see him play a few NHL games first. I even traded away Fox (just before he went crazy a few weeks ago) as I believe Nils will eventually replace Fox on the number 1 pp.

presuming he will play NHL instantly is 100% speculation,
and that he will assume a central role immediately even more so
you made a huge gamble choosing him over Fox - "a bird in the hand..." and all that

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
presuming he will play NHL instantly is 100% speculation,
and that he will assume a central role immediately even more so
you made a huge gamble choosing him over Fox - "a bird in the hand..." and all that
Agree, but this was before he and Mika started to score like crazy. Had I known he was going to explode I never would have traded him. Of course 1 week after I trade him he starts to light it up. :ha:

I am usually a pretty good judge of hockey skills, but even experts are often wrong and they watch much more closely I would presume. Dmen goals and especially pp goals are the the equivalent of Tesla stock in our league so I am crossing fingers hoping his skills transfer over to the NHL. A great shot from the point is one skill that is really hard to improve greatly. Nils point shot looks exceptional. As long as he knows how to get open at the right time I am confident he will do very well and eventually be a better fantasy asset than Fox.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm also not offended by every little thing. I'm sure most people here don't get too upset about the use of the word "Rags" if it's not meant as an insult

I've seen people flip their shit. My boss who's a Rangers fan calls them "Rags" and I told him it's not a term of endearment. BUT, people who aren't Rangers fans? C'mon!

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I'm also not offended by every little thing. I'm sure most people here don't get too upset about the use of the word "Rags" if it's not meant as an insult

It is a forum, I can't imagine getting mad at someone saying Rags.

I just ask Rangers fans to please come up with something better than Piles, that is 1000000% f***ing lamer than lame.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Guys on the main boards use it in a derogatory way, but I couldn’t care less. I’m not going to let something like a nickname for my hockey team get in the way of good hockey talk.

I never see it used in a derogatory way on the main boards. I feel like that's how you read it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It is a forum, I can't imagine getting mad at someone saying Rags.

I just ask Rangers fans to please come up with something better than Piles, that is 1000000% f***ing lamer than lame.

I don't understand why they have to think of a different name.

Isles is fine. Pens, Caps, Hawks, Wings, Leafs, Sens, Habs, Canes, Cats, Preds, 'Nucks... It's all fine. It all makes sense.

Rags for Rangers makes more sense to me than "Gers"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad