Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Those heigths in America always crack me up, why use something vague and then say on the smaller/bigger side if we can just use a metric where you can define something like height to the fullest. Sorry for another post for the metric system :D

I looked some D man up just for a comparison

Lundkvist is taller then for example Girard or Hughes and only one cm smaller then foxy or barry/Makar

Between Hughes and Lindgren are only 5 cm. Nils is actually on the taller side of 5'10

Krug1755 9
Hughes Q1785 10
Girard1785 10
Lundkvist N1795 10
Fox1805 11
TonyD1805 11
Barrie1805 11
Makar1805 11
McAvoy1836 00
Lindgren1836 00
Letang1836 0
Pionk1836 0
Doughty1856 1
Toews1856 1
Heiskanen1856 1
Klingberg1866 1
Schneider1876 2
Josi1876 2
Theodore 1886 2
Chychrun1886 2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Took some random NYR and NHL D (Or EX-NHL D) :D

Edit: Also would like to know if there are some conversion Probems from inches to cm in the database (Eliteprospects)

The UK also still uses the imperial system for height.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
Between him and Zac Jones, I don’t see our d getting tougher to play against.

i could be wrong- Zucc was the toughest guy on this team in a decade plus. And Nash and K. Miller play(ed) flag hockey.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Between him and Zac Jones, I don’t see our d getting tougher to play against.

i could be wrong- Zucc was the toughest guy on this team in a decade plus. And Nash and K. Miller play(ed) flag hockey.

Lol at this reputation that Zucc was tough because he pushed a few guys after the whistles.

He's been in one fight in his career and he got his face bashed in. Buchnevich has been in more fights. Hell HOWDEN has been in more fights.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
Lol at this reputation that Zucc was tough because he pushed a few guys after the whistles.

He's been in one fight in his career and he got his face bashed in. Buchnevich has been in more fights. Hell HOWDEN has been in more fights.

If that is how you measure toughness, by how many fights you get in lmfao.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If that is how you measure toughness, by how many fights you get in lmfao.

How do you measure it? By how many guys you nudge after the whistles?

Zucc never really threw big hits either. Miller gets criticized here because he's 6'5" and doesn't kill people, but guess what? He's knocked more people on their ass this year than Zucc has in his life.

Reactions: E-Train

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021

Zucc never really threw big hits either. Miller gets criticized here because he's 6'5" and doesn't kill people, but guess what? He's knocked more people on their ass this year than Zucc has in his life.

did you ever watch Zucc play? Honest question.

Reactions: dapowl

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021

Not because he doesn’t kill people. Trouba was hurt badly a few games ago. Where was Miller? A few games later, Martin does the same against the Caps dman. Chara, at 43 years young, comes over immediately and tells Martin that you shouldn’t do that.

zucc, lindgren, bitteto, blackwell, smith all would have stepped in- miller skated meekly to the bench. I don’t accept that.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
did you ever watch Zucc play? Honest question.

Yup.

What did he do that made him so tough? He played through contact when he was at his best but that doesn't make him tough.

So again, what makes him so tough compared to Miller? Other than the fact that he's small and nudged players after the whistle and occasionally shot them the dirty look.

Seriously this conversation is dumb.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
i would prefer good players that can play tough. Caps/Isles/Pens fit that mold. We are the example of good players that are less tough. Would you agree?
Good players that play tough do not grow on trees, and those players are extremely hard to acquire. What I am saying is, I am not sacrificing a Nils/Jones/etc just so I can get a guy to goon it up on a third pairing. That’s ridiculous. Biggest difference between Caps/Isles/Pens and the Rangers is that those three teams are significantly better coached. If the Rangers had Laviolette/Trotz/Sullivan I’d bet the Rangers would be, or at least you think they Would be playing “tougher”

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
Yup.

What did he do that made him so tough? He played through contact when he was at his best but that doesn't make him tough.

So again, what makes him so tough compared to Miller? Other than the fact that he's small and nudged players after the whistle and occasionally shot them the dirty look.

Seriously this conversation is dumb.
I invite you to stop responding. I honestly didn’t think it was an argument that Zucc was a tough player to play against. The zucc chants and multiple mcdonald award wins were for that toughness- that as a little guy- he played big. Theo Fleury was similar. There was even an interview where marty st loius had to tell zucc to tone the physicality down for longevity’s sake.

We need more team toughness. Tough along the boards, guys that wont take it and skate away. Guys that measure toughness by fights today are wrong.

Reactions: bl02

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
Good players that play tough do not grow on trees, and those players are extremely hard to acquire. What I am saying is, I am not sacrificing a Nils/Jones/etc just so I can get a guy to goon it up on a third pairing. That’s ridiculous. Biggest difference between Caps/Isles/Pens and the Rangers is that those three teams are significantly better coached. If the Rangers had Laviolette/Trotz/Sullivan I’d bet the Rangers would be, or at least you think they Would be playing “tougher”

i agree, no goons. Im talking andrew shaw type guys. Maybe martin is too much, but how about clutterbuck. That fourth line is great.

and no, the coach has almost 0 ability to play tough. Who on our current team has the ability to do that? 2-4 guys tops.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
i agree, no goons. Im talking andrew shaw type guys. Maybe martin is too much, but how about clutterbuck. That fourth line is great.

and no, the coach has almost 0 ability to play tough. Who on our current team has the ability to do that? 2-4 guys tops.
So you want to over pay a fourth liner from a rival to bring them in free agency? You must not have watched much pre-lock out.

No one is saying the Rangers should be less tough, what they are saying is that you had to add those players smartly.

And it is nonsense that the coach has no effect on it. Play styles matter and that comes from the top. Laviolette has always relied on “Jam”. Sullivan is from the Tortorella tree and Trotz brings that to every team that he is on. Those three have I think 4 cups and multiple Jack Adams awards/Top 3 finishes among them. That isn’t even necessarily an insult to Quinn, but he simply isn’t in that league.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
So you want to over pay a fourth liner from a rival to bring them in free agency? You must not have watched much pre-lock out.

No one is saying the Rangers should be less tough, what they are saying is that you had to add those players smartly.

And it is nonsense that the coach has no effect on it. Play styles matter and that comes from the top. Laviolette has always relied on “Jam”. Sullivan is from the Tortorella tree and Trotz brings that to every team that he is on. Those three have I think 4 cups and multiple Jack Adams awards/Top 3 finishes among them. That isn’t even necessarily an insult to Quinn, but he simply isn’t in that league.

Why do you infer that I want to overpay for anyone? I was making examples of the types of players... No, I don't expect to get Clutterbuck, or bring Andrew Shaw out of retirement. Also, there is no need for personal attacks online. That says more about you than me.

Torts may not be the best example for winning at the moment. Those coaches had a lot more tough players on their team that can play that style. My question to you was, who on the team does Quinn expect that style of play from? Kreids, Trouba, Lindgren - look what happened.....

you have to coach to your personnel......

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why do you infer that I want to overpay for anyone? I was making examples of the types of players... No, I don't expect to get Clutterbuck, or bring Andrew Shaw out of retirement. Also, there is no need for personal attacks online. That says more about you than me.

Torts may not be the best example for winning at the moment. Those coaches had a lot more tough players on their team that can play that style. My question to you was, who on the team does Quinn expect that style of play from? Kreids, Trouba, Lindgren - look what happened.....

you have to coach to your personnel......
What “personal attack” last I checked people were allowed to disagree. You generally have to overpay in free agency. That isn’t anything new. The Rangers were extremely guilty of doing this, especially pre-lock out.

I don’t think you coach to the personnel either. You bring in a coach to implement their style. You can certainly adapt a bit if necessary but right now the Rangers are getting neither play style nor adaptation. It’s hockey. Players get hurt.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Yup.

Depending on how much he plays through contact, how well he does it and what he does in terms of physicality in other areas of the game this actually would be part of what you'd include when discussing how tough a player is to play against.

There's a massive difference bt being tough to fight against in a fight compared to being tough to play against in hockey.

Zucc was really good at it regardless of his size. He battled physically for the puck in every area of the ice and made himself a real pain in the ass to play against while simultaneously having the skill to punish guys.

I've never seen anyone else even hint at hockey toughness only being measured by how you fist fight

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
What I am saying is, I am not sacrificing a Nils/Jones/etc just so I can get a guy to goon it up on a third pairing. That’s ridiculous. ”
I don't think he said that though. Unless I missed it
Also, there is no need for personal attacks online. That says more about you than me.
Similarly I don't see any personal attack there in the post you were responding to at the time

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Great awareness to stay in a position to stay open for the tap in, not to mention the silkiness through the neutral zone and into the O zone.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad