Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Can't wait for next years training camp. Lots of hype around Lundkvist, Schneider and Robertson. I think any combination of those two will be a substantial upgrade over what we have on our 3rd pairing. Hopefully Miller makes some strides too, although he could just as easily regress and get overtaken by one of the above.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Outstanding stats. Don’t need actual points every game. Just need good ice time/opportunity and points will come especially taking multiple shots a game.

Can't really be unhappy with a defenseman being +2 in a 3-2 loss.

I'm not a fan of plus-minus over a longer period of time, but in a single game, it can definitely tell a story

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Can't wait for next years training camp. Lots of hype around Lundkvist, Schneider and Robertson. I think any combination of those two will be a substantial upgrade over what we have on our 3rd pairing. Hopefully Miller makes some strides too, although he could just as easily regress and get overtaken by one of the above.
Shows what a stabilizing force Trouba has been for miller all season, on and off the ice. Without Trouba as his partner Miller’s mistakes are far more glaring. But there are still those who shit on Jake for being overpaid by 1 to 1.5 a year

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
And the reporter standing next to him is 5'6, so his real height is like 4'3. With skates on. But don't worry, he will be our savior next season! ;)
Woah I didn’t realize how small he looks. What is he about 5”10 or is that on the generous side?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Yea, it’s going to be a flat out competition. Go win your spot kids.
1 LD and 1 RD between Lundkvist, Schneider, Jones, and Robertson.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Shows what a stabilizing force Trouba has been for miller all season, on and off the ice. Without Trouba as his partner Miller’s mistakes are far more glaring. But there are still those who shit on Jake for being overpaid by 1 to 1.5 a year

This is definitely the case.

Its not as bad as it used to be, but there have -- always -- been a tendency in NY to be waay to overly critical of Ds. Look, basically 90 percent of all goals comes from some sort of break down defensively. After a break down defensively, the goalie maybe saves 90 percent of all chances. Simple math gives you that if three goals are scored on average per team in hockey and game, there should be 300 breakdowns or 50 per D behind them. Ok, I just pulled those numbers out of a hat lol, but something like it at least. We tend to count visible breakdowns and become fed up with Ds there are too many of them. But it comes with the territory. A mistake by a D is definitely comparable with a forward not executing a 2 on 1 perfectly. Still we don't see people becoming fed-up because someone like Chytil not executing perfectly on breakaways or 2 on 1s, he gets credit for creating the chances instead. There is no real logic behind being super critical of Ds not being perfect and not having the same standard at all for the forwards.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Woah I didn’t realize how small he looks. What is he about 5”10 or is that on the generous side?

To be honest, I don't really trust my ability to measure height. It is said that he is a legit 5'11 or something, could definitely be the case. But he is "small". I think that picture makes him look comically small, was mostly joking. ;)

The reporter is 6'3-4 and since he is so much closer to the camera Nils really looks like a smurf.

Reactions: dapowl

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
To be honest, I don't really trust my ability to measure height. It is said that he is a legit 5'11 or something, could definitely be the case. But he is "small". I think that picture makes him look comically small, was mostly joking. ;)

The reporter is 6'3-4 and since he is so much closer to the camera Nils really looks like a smurf.
Yea plus he is up higher so it already looks like an optical illusion. Definitely looks like he belongs at the kiddie table in this one

Reactions: dapowl and Ola

dapowl

kaapo kakko.
Aug 22, 2017
Dresden

Those heigths in America always crack me up, why use something vague and then say on the smaller/bigger side if we can just use a metric where you can define something like height to the fullest. Sorry for another post for the metric system :D

I looked some D man up just for a comparison

Lundkvist is taller then for example Girard or Hughes and only one cm smaller then foxy or barry/Makar

Between Hughes and Lindgren are only 5 cm. Nils is actually on the taller side of 5'10

Krug1755 9
Hughes Q1785 10
Girard1785 10
Lundkvist N1795 10
Fox1805 11
TonyD1805 11
Barrie1805 11
Makar1805 11
McAvoy1836 00
Lindgren1836 00
Letang1836 0
Pionk1836 0
Doughty1856 1
Toews1856 1
Heiskanen1856 1
Klingberg1866 1
Schneider1876 2
Josi1876 2
Theodore 1886 2
Chychrun1886 2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Took some random NYR and NHL D (Or EX-NHL D) :D

Edit: Also would like to know if there are some conversion Probems from inches to cm in the database (Eliteprospects)

Reactions: jay from jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad