Friedman: Nikita Zaitsev has requested a trade from Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
This is gold, wow.

"He has looked outstanding so far this season and is a PPG. Such a complete defender, and to think he still has untapped offensive potential after posting a 36 point rookie season. I could see him being a 40pt, two-way #2/#3 in his prime in the next few years."

14 ptd D-man asking to GTFO

Classic...lol

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I am gonna laugh when Leafs move him with no retained salary and get a half decent asset back.
The reactions on here will be priceless

And then when the Leafs actually have to take on an equally as brutal contract in return, Leafs fans are going to say that it's a "typical Leafs hater bashing thread"

Reactions: IPS and dukeofjive

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
"He has looked outstanding so far this season and is a PPG. Such a complete defender, and to think he still has untapped offensive potential after posting a 36 point rookie season. I could see him being a 40pt, two-way #2/#3 in his prime in the next few years."

14 ptd D-man asking to GTFO

Classic...lol

It's almost like he had PP time one of those years and didn't have PP time the other years.

But yes it's his fault the coaches decided to go with 4 forwards on the first unit.

Reactions: sparxx87

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
:laugh: I’m not quite sure they’re the same.

Individual player analytics are bad for everyone.

They're certainly not far off :laugh:

Pretty much every Penguins fan is expecting that the Penguins will have to add to Johnson to get back another terrible contract for him. Why Leafs fans think that they'll move Zaitsev without taking another albatross contract back, I have no clue.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Yes they probably do have to add to Zaitdev to move him but this idea that it has to be Johnsson or Kapanen or a 1st is ridiclous unless it's a bigger deal

Think you’re misunderstanding me here. I’m just saying between Marner and 3 other RFAs, the cap cleared by just trading Zaitsev isn’t gonna be enough to get everything done.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
I actually would not be surprised at all if Dim Jim is in on this - he recently stated in an interview how important it will be this offseason to upgrade the back end, with RD being the primary focus.

Not sure what the deal would look like but if it sends out some of the flotsam and jetsam that GMJB has picked up these past couple of years it might not be so bad.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
They're certainly not far off :laugh:

Pretty much every Penguins fan is expecting that the Penguins will have to add to Johnson to get back another terrible contract for him. Why Leafs fans think that they'll move Zaitsev without taking another albatross contract back, I have no clue.
Yeah, I mean, one is an overpaid #4 and the other probably shouldn’t be playing anymore... but those are just minor details, I guess?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I didn't say anything of the sort....but as a Leafs fan, this site has told me:
No way you can move Clarkson!!-check

Nobody is taking Dion Phaneuf's contract without massive retention!!-check

It will cost Kapanen+1st+to land Muzzin!!-check

So, tell me more about these guarantees of nobody taking Zaitsev...
This same site told us
Matthews will sign a hone town discount. check.
Nylander won't get over 6 mil.check
Zaitsev was a great signing.check
Brown will be a great 2nd liner.Check
Marner won't get more than 10 mil ...to be seen
Touche.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Can we just make one thread titled "How to help Toronto with their cap issues"?

Inside it gives all the junk players available and bumps them up a tier or two in trade value.
Says Matthews is the best player in the world.
Offers players who have NMC and NTC.
Says dont even consider offersheeting Marner.
And lastly says how Kadri is easily the best fit for YOUR team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Leafs should pawn off Zaitsev on top of any Marner deal. Even if it means taking a lesser return for Marner, you can probably get out of Zaitsev's contract without taking much money back if you basically say "you're taking back Zaitsev if you want Marner". Some team will bite on that.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
This is a question you ask when you have no response to give. The fact is that there isn't a contract like that out there that is going to be made available for Toronto in the position they are in. This is not something they had to deal with in trades from the past. They have no leverage in this and nobody is going to do them any favors. The market that is being reported out there for Zaitsev is to see what Toronto is willing to give to have them take that contract off their hands because they know they're up against it with their RFA's.
I have no response because it’s a pointless argument. I’m not the GM. Why does it matter if I throw a name out there? So people could just shoot it down like the clarkson and phaneuf trades? People think some teams are stuck with certain players but end up getting traded. Bottom line is they made those trades work when people said they wouldn’t.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Think you’re misunderstanding me here. I’m just saying between Marner and 3 other RFAs, the cap cleared by just trading Zaitsev isn’t gonna be enough to get everything done.
I expect Connor Brown gone this offseason and one of Kapanen/Johnsson traded also. The leafs will be a busy team this summer

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
This same site told us
Matthews will sign a hone town discount. check.
Nylander won't get over 6 mil.check
Zaitsev was a great signing.check
Brown will be a great 2nd liner.Check
Marner won't get more than 10 mil ...to be seen
Touche.
and you are just furthering his point that people's predictions on this site means nothing

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, I mean, one is an overpaid #4 and the other probably shouldn’t be playing anymore... but those are just minor details, I guess?

DjrN15w.png

Yep, Zaitsev is totally a #4 defenseman and Johnson should not be in the NHL. That's totally an accurate representation of the two.

Reactions: CF Punk

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
The Leafs should pawn off Zaitsev on top of any Marner deal. Even if it means taking a lesser return for Marner, you can probably get out of Zaitsev's contract without taking much money back if you basically say "you're taking back Zaitsev if you want Marner". Some team will bite on that.
That’s certainly an idea.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Why Leafs fans think that they'll move Zaitsev without taking another albatross contract back, I have no clue.

Because they got out of the Clarkson and Phaneuf contracts, but those were unique situations. There isn't a small market team with a chronically injured player with an uninsured contract this time around.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix

We’re getting a soft return on Zaitsev why would we take a lesser return on Marner?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
DjrN15w.png

Yep, Zaitsev is totally a #4 defenseman and Johnson should not be in the NHL. That's totally an accurate representation of the two.
Why did I have a feeling I’d be getting a graph or some sort of pie chart? :laugh:

One plays 20 mins against good competition, and the other is Jack Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad