Friedman: Nikita Zaitsev has requested a trade from Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's not fun paying 4.5M long term for a 3rd pairing Dman. Was going to offer Rask from the Wild, then went...nah...would rather have Rask, which is pretty damning. Other teams have different needs on the Blue line, though.

Just don't see how Zaitsev can be sent away w/o taking bad/mediocre cap back, which is not what TO wants to do with the summer they have ahead of them.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Toronto wasn't in a cap crunch like they are now. They have less leverage. A one for one deal with less cap is not going to free up the kind of cap necessary to get the guys they need to get in to their fold.
So if Toronto trades Zaitsev for a guy with 4 years and 2.5 million per year, that extra 2.1 million doesn’t benefit them? Of course it would.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
*Breaking news*

After a difficult season, MON and Karl Alzner are working together to find him a fresh start. He is available and we will see where it goes.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I honestly don’t know how Toronto resolves their situation and keeps Marner, but just getting rid of Zaitsev still isn’t gonna get it done.

Yes they probably do have to add to Zaitdev to move him but this idea that it has to be Johnsson or Kapanen or a 1st is ridiclous unless it's a bigger deal

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
There’s actually people in here suggesting that the Leafs will have to package a Sandin/Kapanen/etc. to “dump” Zaitsev.

A lot of people are going to be very surprised when he moves without retention or significant assets attached. Just like Matt Martin, David Clarkson, Dion Phaneuf, etc. This site has absolutely no gauge on market value whatsoever.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So if Toronto trades Zaitsev for a guy with 4 years and 2.5 million per year, that extra 2.1 million doesn’t benefit them? Of course it would.

Find one available that their team is willing to trade to Toronto for Zaitsev. I'll wait.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Zaitsev

for

Lucic or Abdelkader.

As bad as Abdelkader's deal is, it's one less year and there's no need to clog up the defense over the next five years with Cholowski/Hronek/Kaski/McIsaac all potentially being there.

That and this does nothing to relieve Toronto's cap problems.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I doubt it. Though that’s a better proposal, Dubas LOVES Sandin and he was very good for the Marlies all year.

Yeah, but I don't see many teams taking a 5 years contract like his without a big incentive.

I think a first + is a starting point, especially if there is no retention (which is likely Dubas goal here). Big problem is they don't have a first this year... And the one next year is likely a late first.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Yeah, but I don't see many teams taking a 5 years contract like his without a big incentive.

I think a first + is a starting point, especially if there is no retention (which is likely Dubas goal here). Big problem is they don't have a first this year... And the one next year is likely a late first.

A lot of people on Twitter will disagree with you, word is there is a decent market for Zaitsev, Dubas will manage something.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There’s actually people in here suggesting that the Leafs will have to package a Sandin/Kapanen/etc. to “dump” Zaitsev.

A lot of people are going to be very surprised when he moves without retention or significant assets attached. Just like Matt Martin, David Clarkson, Dion Phaneuf, etc. This site has absolutely no gauge on market value whatsoever.

Significantly different circumstances when you're dealing with a cap crunch.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Find one available that their team is willing to trade to Toronto for Zaitsev. I'll wait.
Seriously? Do I look like the GM? How many trades have you actually predicted there arm chair GM? And this is where the whole thing started. You don’t think it will happen but like I have stated, Toronto did make it happen.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Why are people talking about Zaitsev being a negative value contract? From everything we’ve heard soft return implies positive asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad