Friedman: Nikita Zaitsev has requested a trade from Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Seriously? Do I look like the GM? How many trades have you actually predicted there arm chair GM? And this is where the whole thing started. You don’t think it will happen but like I have stated, Toronto did make it happen.

This is a question you ask when you have no response to give. The fact is that there isn't a contract like that out there that is going to be made available for Toronto in the position they are in. This is not something they had to deal with in trades from the past. They have no leverage in this and nobody is going to do them any favors. The market that is being reported out there for Zaitsev is to see what Toronto is willing to give to have them take that contract off their hands because they know they're up against it with their RFA's.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I don’t think the leafs will get much for him. Team will try to leverage their cap situation and his contract length/cap hit.

But I wouldn’t call him a cap dump with negative value. I think the Leafs will be able to trade him without having to include the better pick/prospect.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Interesting Zaitsev wants out of TO and has requested the trade. I would assume he’s unhappy with his role/usage there but who knows what his reasons are.

Reading his interview yesterday, this news isn't shocking

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
This is another Toronto hater thread. Zaitsev is an average # 4 in the league period. Hes paid about a mill too much a year. But hes not boat anchor like the haters like to say. A team that needs a number 4 d man, would probably like to work something out,but theres not horrible negtive value going on here.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I am gonna laugh when Leafs move him with no retained salary and get a half decent asset back.
The reactions on here will be priceless

Reactions: jaric1862
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad