Nikita Kucherov is the clear favorite for the Art Ross Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Here's a representation of him walking to his computer with 90 seconds left in the game.

grandpa-abe-exit.gif
Hahahahahaha

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Kucherov had a 18 point lead over McDavid going into the all-star break just over a month ago.
They are now both on pace for 137 points.

Reactions: Frosty415

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Kucherov had a 18 point lead over McDavid going into the all-star break just over a month ago.
They are now both on pace for 137 points.
Tampa has no games scheduled for four days since Saturday, the other teams catch up in games played (and players in point totals) eventually. We had a ton of games in the earlier half of the season.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Changing the subject a little bit, I find it hard to believe that McDavid doesn't win the Hart if he hits 100 assists. Surely, if the three top scorers are within 2-3 points, that would clinch it for him?

And I'm not just saying that because I have a huge bet on him to win the Hart. Nope.

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006
Changing the subject a little bit, I find it hard to believe that McDavid doesn't win the Hart if he hits 100 assists. Surely, if the three top scorers are within 2-3 points, that would clinch it for him?

And I'm not just saying that because I have a huge bet on him to win the Hart. Nope.
I'm a big McDavid fan but other things being equal I'm awarding the guy with, say, 55-85—140 the Hart over the guy with 35-105—140 every single time. Yes, the latter stat line with the assists is way more rare, doesn't matter. That's why I championed Ovi over Malkin back in the day, too.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
He was nowhere near the top 5 at one point. He was like 20 points behind or more.
He was also like 8gp back too due to injury and the oilers schedule.

He's obviously the best player by a good margin, but squeaking out am AR this year is not the reason for that

If anything, it could be argued that MacKinnon/Kucherov/Matthews have somewhat closed the gap from last year when he blew the entire league away

Reactions: Macheteops

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
An interesting stat about McDavid right now is that he is +45 in his past 82 regular season games. (I'm guessing that's better than any comparable top scorer over that period.) He wasn't scoring quite as much at even strength for much of last season—or maybe saving it up for that lethal power-play—but he is back to being an ES beast this year (well, after game 14 or whatever it was, anyway).

McDavid, if he stays healthy, has 22 games left. Over his past 17 games, he has a staggering 39 points! He's likely not going to keep up that Gretzky-ish pace, but I think it's likely he gets about 40 more points this season. That would give him 139-ish total for the year.

If so, MacKinnon would then need "only" 34 more points this season to match McDavid's 139... but MacKinnon has only 19 games remaining. He is certainly capable and has had streches like that before, but just now being on a heater, can he keep that up for 19 more games? (Does Colorado have many more games against Chicago?)

Kucherov has 20 games left, so he has one more game with which to try to outscore MacKinnon (they're currently tied). In theory, that gives him an advantage, but he has slightly slowed down of late, so he'll have to turn it on again. I think the problem for Kucherov is that with Tampa in "all hands on deck" mold to keep their Wild-Card spot, the club is probably under pressure to lock it down defensively, which won't help him.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
An interesting stat about McDavid right now is that he is +45 in his past 82 regular season games. (I'm guessing that's better than any comparable top scorer over that period.) He wasn't scoring quite as much at even strength for much of last season—or maybe saving it up for that lethal power-play—but he is back to being an ES beast this year (well, after game 14 or whatever it was, anyway).

McDavid, if he stays healthy, has 22 games left. Over his past 17 games, he has a staggering 39 points! He's likely not going to keep up that Gretzky-ish pace, but I think it's likely he gets about 40 more points this season. That would give him 139-ish total for the year.

If so, MacKinnon would then need "only" 34 more points this season to match McDavid's 139... but MacKinnon has only 19 games remaining. He is certainly capable and has had streches like that before, but just now being on a heater, can he keep that up for 19 more games? (Does Colorado have many more games against Chicago?)

Kucherov has 20 games left, so he has one more game with which to try to outscore MacKinnon (they're currently tied). In theory, that gives him an advantage, but he has slightly slowed down of late, so he'll have to turn it on again. I think the problem for Kucherov is that with Tampa in "all hands on deck" mold to keep their Wild-Card spot, the club is probably under pressure to lock it down defensively, which won't help him.
Mackinnon’s played around that pace since the start of 2023, so I wouldn’t really say he’s had stretches, he’s been playing at this level for a long time now.

Attachments

• 8BFDB29A-9B85-4B26-A2EB-143E5B2E5F07.jpeg
    8BFDB29A-9B85-4B26-A2EB-143E5B2E5F07.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: authentic

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
This is turning into an extremely close race.

Kucherov and MacKinnon are tied at 105 points, both with 19 games left.
McDavid is 6 points behind them at 99, with 22 games left to play, 3 games in hand.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
But with games in hand, no?
A few games in hand but;
McDavid had 13 points in his first 14 games, his 14th game was on nov 18.
Kucherov had 23 points in his first 14 games, his 14th game was on nov 9.
So a couple games difference there but still impressive that McDavid has come back like he has.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Updated totals as of this morning:

Kucherov - on pace for 137 points and 50 goals in 81 games. 19 Games to go
MacKinnon on pace for 137 points and 51 goals in 82 games. 19 Games to go
McDavid on pace for 137 points and 105 assists in 80 games. 22 Games to go

Can't get any closer than this...

For what it's worth - #4 is Pastrnak on pace for 113 points. So all 3 have a very significant gap on the field.

olli

Most unbiased user
Dec 2, 2016
Canada

I’m pretty sure Kuch has the freedom in Tampa to go full blast on offence pretty much whenever he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad