Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Deslauriers contract with Flyers, 4 x 1.75AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Gotta love the irony of signing a guy who just a few years ago was showing up to practices under the influence of drugs and alcohol as a role model.
Fits in with the 70’s hockey mentality of the organization. When you see pictures of most of the guys from our teams in the 70’s, they either have a stick in their hand or a beer in their hand.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Thompson seemed washed up last season (after he was surprisingly effective for Winnipeg in the preceding playoffs).

But I will never criticize him for his struggles with drugs and alcohol. In fact I give him immense credit for his honesty and efforts to overcome those issues.

Just like I'm rooting for Bobby Ryan. Bashing people for having substance issues is extremely low.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Danton Heinen signed for 1x1. id rather have him on the 4th line. i knowthere are different reasons for why he signed, but still, racing to the line to get nicole diloricole was stupid.

Kopitar11

Oct 16, 2016
Sweden
Pissing me off that we signed him.
Hope we find room for Owen Tippett.
But yeah we will have some injuries right friends?.
Ellis gone forever?, Coots back when? he's missed, we lost ourselves comptelty last year without him.
He's our best player, all the players gets better when they play with coots.
Coots is a machine, his brain is different. He reads the game so well, what a beast.
Farabee gone and brink is just sad, we need our young players to grow.
We dont have any time for this shit again, not anymore nolan patrick situations please.
Can't believe that we were so lucky gettind 2nd in the lottery. It actually sucked.
If we were 3,4,5 we could take heiskanen, makar or pettersson. I like Makar the most even if i am weak for Heiskanen also.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Danton Heinen signed for 1x1. id rather have him on the 4th line. i knowthere are different reasons for why he signed, but still, racing to the line to get nicole diloricole was stupid.
18 goals and 33 points last season and Deslauriers got almost double...because he will what...fight 10 teams per year and hit guys well after the puck is gone?

Fotiu29

Feb 22, 2019
Helm and Cogliano were useful players on a Cup winning team, which is why Colorado kept them. Obviously you have zero idea what a Cup winning roster looks like if you think they are equivalent to an actual scrub like MacEwen who would never get near a regular lineup spot on a team like the Avs.

Cogliano - 16 points in 64 regular season games, 6 points in 16 playoff games
Helm - 15 points in 68 regular season games, 5 points in 20 playoff games

MacEwen - 9 points in SEVENTY FIVE regular season games :laugh:
But but hits and fights!

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fletcher would rather overpay early than underpay late (he's been open about trying to get "his team" early in the offseason). The good teams let the moves come to them.
He didn't overpay for Deslauriers, there were plenty of suitors for him.
Like Risto, he paid the market price for the wrong player.

But like Weise, look for Deslauriers to be phased out after a couple seasons.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Worried that an economist doesn’t differentiate between market value and inherent value. I guess the 17th century Dutch didn’t overpay for tulips since it was market value……

And you have to ignore the reality that market value in professional sports is determined by like 4 teams aggressively bidding up.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Two different skills.
One is determining what an asset will cost, the is determining what an asset is worth to you.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Cogliano scored 15 points in 56 games on the San Jose Sharks, who only scored 2.57 goals per game. The Flyers scored 2.56 goals per game. If Fletcher had acquired him instead of Nate Thompson in free agency a year ago there would have been rejoicing, and the Flyers 4th line wouldn't have been the worst 4th line in the league.

Cogliano also would have helped the Flyers PK much more than Thompson did, and for only $200,000 more. That is where he has more value than NAK, as a very useful penalty killer. On the Sharks he averaged the most SH/TOI of any forward until he was traded, and they had the league's 4th= best Net PK%.

It's equal parts amazing and embarrassing that you did not know that this "scrub" you keep talking about as if you know all about him, is actually one of the league's better penalty killers. If you had watched any of the Avs playoff games you would have surely noticed him and Helm out there more than any other Colorado forwards as they racked up a very solid Net PK% of 83.9. NAK didn't get a second of SH TOI. That's why they kept the old guys, so give that ignorant narrative a rest and move on to your next piece of clueless fan fiction.
The paragraph after the link was God damn beautiful.

Reactions: Tripod

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

He did overpay. Just because their are alleged suitors doesn't mean you go above and beyond. Maybe those suitors were offering 2 years and 1.2 million.

You do not give 4 years do this type of player ever when they are in their 30's.

So let me ask you a question. Can market price ever be an overpayment?

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Raffl goes back to Europe, but we sign this guy...

tumblr_lrrjcrjLBa1qlh4t4o1_250.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

When you pay someone a higher cap hit than the value they provide on the ice and you do it for multiple years, that is an overpay.

That other terrible GMs also wanted to pay this bad player and Chuck was just so terrible he outbid them all isn't a defense.

The market is not infallible. It's routinely wrong. Bad GMs have a lot of influence on it. Good GMs don't get bent over by the market.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When you pay someone a higher cap hit than the value they provide on the ice and you do it for multiple years, that is an overpay.

That other terrible GMs also wanted to pay this bad player and Chuck was just so terrible he outbid them all isn't a defense.

The market is not infallible. It's routinely wrong. Bad GMs have a lot of influence on it. Good GMs don't get bent over by the market.
You mean like Zito paying a 2023 1st, a 4th and their #10 prospect for two months of Chiarot and a subpar performance in the playoffs?
Which shouldn't have been a surprise, xGFrel in his playoff career: -7.80, +3.99, -15.17, -6.98, -5.01.
Chiarot signed a 4yr/$19M contract with Detroit, starting at 31 years old, is Yzerman an idiot?

Teams value players differently than analytics, and it seems to be a general trend, not just a few GMs on losing franchises.

Josh Manson is another throw back D-man, he got 4yr/$18M from the Avs.
He's not as bad as Chiarot, but he's still a Dino dream.
But on a team with smurf D-men, he does balance them out and let them carry the puck for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad