Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Deslauriers contract with Flyers, 4 x 1.75AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Deslauriers has zero competition. Fletcher is obsessed with roles. He believes that Deslauriers fills a specific role that he thinks the team needs. Nothing will budge him from the roster.

We learned this long ago during the Stewart debacle, where a bunch of slobs were competing among themselves for a specific job on the team that wasn't open to any of the prospects who were actually better players.

Multiple prospects can outplay him and it will not matter.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
He's actually not a decent player.
His possession quality is a little low, but he was top 10 in the league in hits and his ATOI has been just above 11mins on average the last few seasons anything over that could spell trouble for the Flyers.

For a guy of his size Deslauriers should have more blocked shot but he isn’t all that mobile.

Deslauriers needs to stay outside of the box unless he takes another player with him on a 5 minute stay in the box.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Deslauriers has zero competition. Fletcher is obsessed with roles. He believes that Deslauriers fills a specific role that he thinks the team needs. Nothing will budge him from the roster.

We learned this long ago during the Stewart debacle, where a bunch of slobs were competing among themselves for a specific job on the team that wasn't open to any of the prospects who were actually better players.

Multiple prospects can outplay him and it will not matter.
For 1.5 year we saw Nate bring down the abilities of whoever played on his line. Get ready for the same with Deslauries. I can't wait to see Frost or Cates playing on the same line and game 40 people on the boards are crying and b'ing why Cates/Frost only has 8 points. While at the same time Oskar has a 40 point season and the fans on the board wonder why Oskar got good again?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
For 1.5 year we saw Nate bring down the abilities of whoever played on his line. Get ready for the same with Deslauries. I can't wait to see Frost or Cates playing on the same line and game 40 people on the boards are crying and b'ing why Cates/Frost only has 8 points. While at the same time Oskar has a 40 point season and the fans on the board wonder why Oskar got good again?
Given that Cates is a LW, and Frost is the 3C, I'd say that's kinda unlikely.
Deslauriers is likely to be playing with Laughton and Allison once Farabee returns, unless they move JVR.
And by spring, Desnoyers and Foerster may well be potential 4th liners.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Given that Cates is a LW, and Frost is the 3C, I'd say that's kinda unlikely.
Deslauriers is likely to be playing with Laughton and Allison once Farabee returns, unless they move JVR.
And by spring, Desnoyers and Foerster may well be potential 4th liners.
There is no shot Torts will play Laughton line 4 long term. If anything Torts will get fed up with JVR and make Laughton line 2.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There is no shot Torts will play Laughton line 4 long term. If anything Torts will get fed up with JVR and make Laughton line 2.
Who knows? JVR is on a contract year, he may show up at camp in great shape and have a bounce back season and bring a nice haul at the TDL.

What we do know is some players are in for a "shock to the system," with AV checking out I think players subconsciously dialed back, and they knew Yeo was a lame duck HC.

With Torts, you'd better show up in shape, back check as hard as you skate with the puck, block shots and don't take shifts off.
Some players will respond and raise their game, some will resist and find themselves with a new address.

But I don't think we're gonna see a lot of sluggish 1st periods this season.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Who knows? JVR is on a contract year, he may show up at camp in great shape and have a bounce back season and bring a nice haul at the TDL.

What we do know is some players are in for a "shock to the system," with AV checking out I think players subconsciously dialed back, and they knew Yeo was a lame duck HC.

With Torts, you'd better show up in shape, back check as hard as you skate with the puck, block shots and don't take shifts off.
Some players will respond and raise their game, some will resist and find themselves with a new address.

But I don't think we're gonna see a lot of sluggish 1st periods this season.
JVR is closer to James Neal than bouncing back. He showed up when season was over and Flyers were 30 points out of the playoffs YIPPEE! Asking JVR to show up in shape is asking Phil Kessel to give up hot dogs.

Laughton is one of the few players who I think gets better under Torts.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I can just see Reeves crapping his pants at the mere sight of Nic “The Bleeder” Deslauriers.

Tom Wilson will also poop, certainly...wait, what was that? Wilson isn't remotely afraid of him and actually started a fight in his own once?

Hmm. Maybe NHL players aren't living in fear of dudes they can ignore if they want

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, I can't get excited about Deslauriers.
Bad contract, but he will have value for a year or two on the 4th line until they develop the kids and push him to the bench.
And it won't be that hard to bury, cost about $750K if they can't move him.

The fighting is grossly overrated, but hard nosed play and effort can help Torts set the tone his first season.
After that, diminishing returns set in once guys like Desnoyers and Wisdom and Foerster and Gauthier settle in.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
His possession quality is a little low, but he was top 10 in the league in hits and his ATOI has been just above 11mins on average the last few seasons anything over that could spell trouble for the Flyers.

For a guy of his size Deslauriers should have more blocked shot but he isn’t all that mobile.

Deslauriers needs to stay outside of the box unless he takes another player with him on a 5 minute stay in the box.
Is it legal to hit players when you have the puck? No? Well then it’s a good thing we have few players with good possession stats. Woo hoo!!

There are only 2 stats that you accumulate when you don’t have the puck that matter. Takeaways and saves. Everything else is just making the best of a bad situation.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Is it legal to hit players when you have the puck? No? Well then it’s a good thing we have few players with good possession stats. Woo hoo!!

There are only 2 stats that you accumulate when you don’t have the puck that matter. Takeaways and saves. Everything else is just making the best of a bad situation.
Hits on the forecheck matter, it means you're getting to opposing players while they have or just after they get rid of the puck (forcing mistakes) - if you're too slow, it's either a penalty or a non-hit (you shy away from contact).

Block shots matter.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
They've made a concerted effort to bring more attitude to the team ever since Hextall was canned. It adds up, but they stepped up efforts even further this off-season with Deslauriers, DeAngelo, Torts. The team is on the verge of having a very different attitude. Especially if Allison can stay healthy and Laczynski can make the team. Cates has the right attitude. Desnoyers, too. These guys love hockey and will battle and have fun. Watch out for a young team who loves to battle and has an us-against-the-world mentality.

• Haha
Reactions: Fotiu29

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They've made a concerted effort to bring more attitude to the team ever since Hextall was canned. It adds up, but they stepped up efforts even further this off-season with Deslauriers, DeAngelo, Torts. The team is on the verge of having a very different attitude. Especially if Allison can stay healthy and Laczynski can make the team. Cates has the right attitude. Desnoyers, too. These guys love hockey and will battle and have fun. Watch out for a young team who loves to battle and has an us-against-the-world mentality.

And the guys added for that purpose are typically the ones making the team worse.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad