Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Deslauriers contract with Flyers, 4 x 1.75AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Youth played plenty last year. They demonstrated an inability to play though with the exception of Cates and York in his second recall. Cripes they played Frost all year and he’s a borderline NHLer.

Actually, the borderline NHLer who played all year was MacEwen, not Frost.

9 points in 75 games. His P/GP of 0.12 was tied for 8th worst in the league of forwards who played at least 41 games.:biglaugh:

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Against their will. Injuries forced it. Fletcher explained that all these veteran slobs were signed to stop that from happening again.
Well if the youth ain’t any better good. The reality is most of the youth isn’t anywhere close to being NHL ready and never will. I should have included Tippet in my initial post.

If Zamula can bulk up and Allison can stay healthy they will play. Not sure any of the rest that were around have a chance either than Brink and Attard and neither looked anywhere ready.

The rest are fill ins for a game or two at best.

The next generation of Wisdom, Desnoyers Foerster etc are hopefully better but they aren’t ready this year, at least until trade deadline

Reactions: phil162888

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well if the youth ain’t any better good. The reality is most of the youth isn’t anywhere close to being NHL ready and never will. I should have included Tippet in my initial post.

If Zamula can bulk up and Allison can stay healthy they will play. Not sure any of the rest that were around have a chance either than Brink and Attard and neither looked anywhere ready.

The rest are fill ins for a game or two at best.

The next generation of Wisdom, Desnoyers Foerster etc are hopefully better but they aren’t ready this year, at least until trade deadline

The youth are better. That's the thing. They're better than all the shit veterans Fletcher loves, and who block them. And they have upside to boot. That's even with a development program that seems to destroy their potential.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Actually, the borderline NHLer who played all year was MacEwen, not Frost.

9 points in 75 games. His P/GP of 0.12 was tied for 8th worst in the league of forwards who played at least 41 games.:biglaugh:
Fair enough. He was the best option we had but we finally have a true heavyweight. You can’t be successful in the Metro without one.

The youth are better. That's the thing. They're better than all the shit veterans Fletcher loves, and who block them. And they have upside to boot.
I disagree. Other than the few I listed they don’t have upside. They are AHL fodder

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I need an Alonzo Mourning Reaction for these situations. Whomst do I speak to about this?
alonzo-mourning.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The youth are better. That's the thing. They're better than all the shit veterans Fletcher loves, and who block them. And they have upside to boot. That's even with a development program that seems to destroy their potential.
Funny how all summer Dead talked about how the Flyers youth would play....then we sign this iece of garbage and Braun.

Good times!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Thompson played every night? He was MIA most of the season.
Yandle was a weird situation, had he not had that streak (and some promise) he'd been benched months before.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thompson played every night? He was MIA most of the season.
Yandle was a weird situation, had he not had that streak (and some promise) he'd been benched months before.

Every single night he was healthy he played. If he hadn't gotten injured he'd have played 82 games. You're very good at selectively forgetting facts that make Fletcher look like shit.

Is it good management to damage the team and keep playing the worst dman in the league to pursue a meaniningless, contrived, and empty streak?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad