Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Deslauriers contract with Flyers, 4 x 1.75AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Corrected. If Foerster, Wisdom and Desnoyers emerge, and Laczynski and Allison stay healthy, Flyers will have a 4th line with skill.
All would end up playing in front of Deslauriers, Brown and MacEwen if healthy and NHL ready.
Deslauriers was signed to be an every game player. The best we can realistically hope for is that MacEwen plays much less often than that.

The opening night forward lineup at home against NJ will probably look like this, if no one else gets hurt.

JVR-Couturier-Konecny
Laughton-Hayes-Atkinson
Cates-Frost-Tippett
Deslauriers-Brown-MacEwen
Ratcliffe benched

Flyers lose 6-2, but Nic & Zack lay a bunch of meaningless hits so management count it as a win.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
How, in the 2022, are people still saying "The veterans are only here until the kids are ready." NOTHING in the last 10 years has proven this to be the case. In fact, the exact opposite has been proven.

I understand you want to bias towards the probability that makes your Heroes (Chuck Fletcher, AV and Hakstol) look better, but my god, maintain something that resembles a connection to terrestrial reality

I totally understand how people buy the Golden Plates thing in Utah now.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Oh, so you’re going with the “it’s not franchise crippling in itself so it’s not a big deal” approach that we’ve heard so many times.

The thing is all of these shitty decisions add up and get a franchise to where they’re currently at. Bringing in these “identity guys” and “role fillers” are why this franchise is where it’s at.

In what world does this plug deserve that kind of pay and why would anyone seek him out? I will nearly guarantee that the top teams in the league were not the ones that were seeking this guys service. It was the Flyers of the world.
"Bringing in these “identity guys” and “role fillers” are why this franchise is where it’s at."

No it's not, sorry.

I can respect your point about the pain & suffering, small bad decisions piling up over time...but I bring up the big contracts because that's far more problematic , not trying to "educate" Flyers fans on their own team. You clearly know. I'm not even saying this is a good deal, but it's far from the real issue. Your group of "best players" is subpar compared to most other teams in terms of both skill and value.

So when a guy like Deslauriers, a true veteran who has paid his dues for many years and is a firmly established player in the league...a few years at 1.75 isn't going to make or break you. He earned it the hard way. Sure you don't like it, fair enough. I took umbrage with the extreme replies. It was very obvious he was going to receive a deal in this ballpark, and there has been interest in this player (including teams far better than the Flyers) for quite some time now.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"Bringing in these “identity guys” and “role fillers” are why this franchise is where it’s at."

No it's not, sorry.

I can respect your point about the pain & suffering, small bad decisions piling up over time...but I bring up the big contracts because that's far more problematic , not trying to "educate" Flyers fans on their own team. You clearly know. I'm not even saying this is a good deal, but it's far from the real issue. Your group of "best players" is subpar compared to most other teams in terms of both skill and value.

So when a guy like Deslauriers, a true veteran who has paid his dues for many years and is a firmly established player in the league...a few years at 1.75 isn't going to make or break you. He earned it the hard way. Sure you don't like it, fair enough. I took umbrage with the extreme replies. It was very obvious he was going to receive a deal in this ballpark, and there has been interest in this player (including teams far better than the Flyers) for quite some time now.

The Flyers lack skill because they prefer players like Deslauriers. They are actively seeking to develop the skill and creativity out of their prospects; or "cuteness" as we call it.

You're not understanding what Deslauriers represents; the process behind him. A process that is the reason for the problem you state.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Deslauriers was signed to be an every game player. The best we can realistically hope for is that MacEwen plays much less often than that.

The opening night forward lineup at home against NJ will probably look like this, if no one else gets hurt.

JVR-Couturier-Konecny
Laughton-Hayes-Atkinson
Cates-Frost-Tippett
Deslauriers-Brown-MacEwen
Ratcliffe benched

Flyers lose 6-2, but Nic & Zack lay a bunch of meaningless hits so management count it as a win.
What happened to Allison and Laczynski? Are you presuming they'll be hurt in TC? :cool:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Doesn't matter what he was signed at, if some kid comes along and out plays him, he'll be in the press box.
Torts has his flaws, but he doesn't favor veterans, only players who play "the right way."
His fourth line in CBJ at one point was Hartnell - Gagner - Calvert.
He's not married to the "three thugs" concept.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

No it's not, sorry.

Thank you for the comedic relief. Good stuff. Almost had me going.

Lightning fan.

He's a big fan of scolding fanbases for daring to criticize GMs moves. In the first page of recent posts, he's attempted to lecture Devils fans, Flyers fans, and his fellow Lightning fans.

That's quite sad.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Doesn't matter what he was signed at, if some kid comes along and out plays him, he'll be in the press box.
Torts has his flaws, but he doesn't favor veterans, only players who play "the right way."
His fourth line in CBJ at one point was Hartnell - Gagner - Calvert.
He's not married to the "three thugs" concept.
You sang this very tune last year, and guess what, it didn't happen. The fact that you still believe it to be true is concerning, well, I guess not really

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fletcher will ensure they don't play. An annual tradition.

You have pretended the youth will play every year Fletcher has been here and every year he has gone out of his way to avoid it.
Who's been blocked?

Allison and Laczynski got hurt, Frost got hurt, everyone else decent played, even NAK until he was total shit.
In fact, the last few years they've played too many subpar prospects due to injury, along with subpar veteran scrubs.
I mean you think Bunnaman, Vorobyev, Twarynski, Rubtsov, Kase, are NHL caliber players? NAK is a marginal 4RW.
It's not like they've been suppressing future allstars.

Heck, they put York in the top 4 and he goes and gets injured.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Who's been blocked?

Allison and Laczynski got hurt, Frost got hurt, everyone else decent played, even NAK until he was total shit.
In fact, the last few years they've played too many subpar prospects due to injury, along with subpar veteran scrubs.
I mean you think Bunnaman, Vorobyev, Twarynski, Rubtsov, Kase, are NHL caliber players? NAK is a marginal 4RW.
It's not like they've been suppressing future allstars.

Heck, they put York in the top 4 and he goes and gets injured.

Allison and Laczynski and Frost were all healthy, and were all blocked by inferior players. So were York, Zamula, Hogberg, and Attard. That's only last year.

The only reason any of them played, even in a dead season where there's nothing but benefit to playing guys for development, is because too many veterans got injured.

Fletcher went out and signed a shitload of veterans again and explained it's because those youth played too much last year. He went out to explicitly block them more effectively this year.

You are wrong about this annually.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Fletcher will ensure they don't play. An annual tradition.

You have pretended the youth will play every year Fletcher has been here and every year he has gone out of his way to avoid it.
Youth played plenty last year. They demonstrated an inability to play though with the exception of Cates and York in his second recall. Cripes they played Frost all year and he’s a borderline NHLer.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Youth played plenty last year. They demonstrated an inability to play though with the exception of Cates and York in his second recall. Cripes they played Frost all year and he’s a borderline NHLer.

Against their will. Injuries forced it. Fletcher explained that all these veteran slobs were signed to stop that from happening again.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad