Waived: Nick Ritchie on Waivers (Cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I wish Coaches Corner was still around this Saturday to see a Don Cherry Meltdown about this decision.
ezgif-2-f704480434.gif

YR6IKxUCsLd0hORXsPAUN7euUA3qderaLAB230qv1kvcarkuZYQo9rdEdDUtT6L6KfN8oIBmpMRaUDZppM_yMad_85YKNK6X0VYB0ytQDiBPrQrydKLJzR-4=s0-d

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Sure it does. There are players who get injuries more than others. Take Kase for example, he is currently out of the line up. Anyway being one hit away from the end of a career is a fact for everyone.
Have you ever heard of head injuries and trauma to the brain? Do you know that those with repeated concussions are more at risk?

Your post says otherwise.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Have you ever heard of head injuries and trauma to the brain? Do you know that those with repeated concussions are more at risk?

Your post says otherwise.
Yes, I have. Is it something new to you? My post doesn't say otherwise at all.

Last edited:

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I hope he clears and can be our injury replacement. If he does get claimed theres a bit more money for Campbell.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The leafs have 15 players signed and 6.2M in capspace next year. Good luck!
Good luck doing the same thing they've been doing every year? Thanks?

Mirtle: Projecting the Maple Leafs roster and cap outlook all the way to 2024-25

Leafs could essentially keep the same team they have this year. They may have to lose side pieces like Holl or Dermott maybe others but Mirtle maps it out pretty well and its not like Dubas' team hasn't done this before with much worse cap space.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

Mirtle: Projecting the Maple Leafs roster and cap outlook all the way to 2024-25

Leafs could essentially keep the same team they have this year. They may have to lose side pieces like Holl or Dermott maybe others but Mirtle maps it out pretty well and its not like Dubas' team hasn't done this before with much worse cap space.

Did you not notice that his 20 man roster for next year is 3M over the cap? And that’s with everyone taking discounts.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I got called a hater for telling it like it is once again. As I said when the Leafs signed him:

"He's not talented enough for the top-6, not good enough defensively for the 3rd line and not energetic enough for the 4th line." The guy is just an awful puck possession player, it dies on his stick constantly.

I was told by @missingchicklet that "Cassidy's system 100 percent is not oriented toward a guy like Ritchie. That's basic."

Cassidy got more out of him than any coach he's ever had and he was still useless.
Who is missingchicklet?

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021

Leafs will be putting out similar team for next 2-3 years and that Tavares contract has prevented them to improve in other areas. Great player but perhaps they would’ve been better serve letting growth from within.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I wanted to the Canucks to pick him over Virtanen (and Nylander and Ehlers).
Reason # 372 why I'm not a professional scout.
He was one of those players who was built like a man in his teens and could bully his peers around in junior. Sometimes we fall in love with those potential top 6 power forward types because they're near impossible to find and ignore major issues. If you can't even be an average NHL skater you're near useless as a big player in the pros.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
As a Leafs fan who liked the signing in the offseason … he sucks. He’s a 13th forward getting paid like a 3rd liner. Doubt he gets claimed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad