Waived: Nick Ritchie on Waivers (Cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
He had a hot streak at one time for the B's but lately he hasn't been making very nice efforts

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Did you not notice that his 20 man roster for next year is 3M over the cap? And that’s with everyone taking discounts.

What discounts? The only one worth mentioning is Campbell's discount I guess Kase too. I also noticed that this was a mock up of pretty much bringing the exact team back. That includes Ritchie, Dermott, maybe Holl which may be expendable pieces that clear up some room to bring in cheaper moderate replacements. It's not much of a headache considering the balancing act the Leafs have already had to do in recent years.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs will be putting out similar team for next 2-3 years and that Tavares contract has prevented them to improve in other areas. Great player but perhaps they would’ve been better serve letting growth from within.
I dunno. We were told the Leafs were too tight against the cap last offseason too and wouldn't have been able to improve, but we've seen the team evolve with the additions of Bunting, Kampf, Kase, Liljegren. So who knows what it'll look like next year.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
I guess Toronto got tired of looking at the most punchable face in the league in their locker room.

Didn't realize we aquired Ryan Johansen

(used to be Ryan Kesler for me when he was on the 'Nucks......f*** now I have Hughson's "kesssler" voice in my head blech)

Anyways, when Boston rolled the dice on him and it didn't work out, I figured he was done. I loathe the Bruins but its out of envy for that 2010 era team they had, which was my idea of a perfect team.

Kind of funny, Foligno was a "doh" for us, then he out of nowhere signs with the Bruins.

Richie was a "doh" for them, signs with the Leafs.

Maybe our scouts should have got together for a drink or joint (if in Toronto)

Not going to lie, when we picked Nylander over Richie I was pissed. Really pissed. That clip of Don Cherry ranting (I remember watching that) was me lol.

When your two favorite players of all time are Wendel Clark and Cam Neely though, I guess that explains the style of player you like.

What was the ask on Lawson Crouse again?

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
If Ottawa takes him, do they finally win the Bobby Ryan/Jakob Silfverberg trade?

haha

from hockey DB (ryan looks wasted in the photo dayum)

Forgot Noesen was a recent first as well, so two firsts and Silfverberg for Ryan

Ritchie traded for Heinen, left as free agent.

So the two key pieces...Ryan and Silfverberg. Who would have thunk that back then.

I actually really liked Ryan on Anaheim, Ill say Murray when he was with Ottawa (RIP) was never shy to pull the trigger on trades.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Funny watching Bruins fans come in here on their high horse.

You know who has less points than Ritchie? Nick Foligno, signed for almost double the price.

Now that’s an “I told you so” moment.
Hard to be smug about a player your GM gave up a first for like 5 months ago, no?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
10 pages of 'Ritchie waived'...impressive.

Typical with anything the Leafs or Habs do. There are millions of fans for each fan base on HF boards.

Not sure If anybody posted this yet but a Kypreos trade idea from a few years ago... Comical

EzjOuWm.jpg

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Typical with anything the Leafs or Habs do. There are millions of fans for each fan base on HF boards.

Not sure If anybody posted this yet but a Kypreos trade idea from a few years ago... Comical

EzjOuWm.jpg

I still remember Don Cherry's rant at the Leafs not drafting Ritchie but getting a 'dinkie' guy from Sweden instead (Nylander)

Reactions: Habs Halifax

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Figured it out every other year people have said we were going to be screwed by our cap. Keep saying it though I am sure one of these years you will be right.
Homie, you have a good team, but you have been absolutely shedding depth over the last 5 years, like you could build a forward core that would be better than 5 teams in the league just on Leaf's cast offs. The Cap is like the bill at the end of the night, nobody drinks for free. Dubas has done some good scouting, and identified some high skill players, but some of his moves have absolutely f***ed your depth. Things are good now, but the noose will tighten which is why there is pressure to win something sooner rather than later.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I still remember Don Cherry's rant at the Leafs not drafting Ritchie but getting a 'dinkie' guy from Sweden instead (Nylander)

Nylander contract might be the best value contract the Leafs have? He really has stepped up his game and is consistent. Great skater and puck possession winger with good vision and a great shot. He's not a physical guy but he knows how to play in the trenches and uses his skating well.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

EzjOuWm.jpg

I remember that, he also suggested trading Marner around the same time, Kyper is not..... He's not good

Reactions: Habs Halifax

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Homie, you have a good team, but you have been absolutely shedding depth over the last 5 years, like you could build a forward core that would be better than 5 teams in the league just on Leaf's cast offs. The Cap is like the bill at the end of the night, nobody drinks for free. Dubas has done some good scouting, and identified some high skill players, but some of his moves have absolutely f***ed your depth. Things are good now, but the noose will tighten which is why there is pressure to win something sooner rather than later.
Perhaps I haven't had enough coffee yet but which players are you referring to?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad