Waived: Nick Ritchie on Waivers (Cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If he clears. They have about 350k cap space. Which would accrue until tdl (I don’t know what that works
Out to.

if he gets claimed. They have like 1.7million ish?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs fans this summer telling Bruins fans how successful he was going to be in his role with them and not wanting to listen to us when we said he’d mostly do nothing>>>>>

and I kinda liked him because he’d occasionally get angry and be a force. But god damn nobody has ever left me wanting more than him. He’s clearly got decent hands. He can be a physical monster. Just has no interest bringing it night in and night out
Bruins fans also told us that Kase won't last a shift, so the fan bases broke even. If Ritchie clears, he will be back when the rosters expand.

Reactions: Metroid and CDJ

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Can’t see him being claimed at that cap hit. He’s already on his third team at a fairly young age. A bad signing but in the big scheme of things not a huge deal.
I think a lot of Leaf fans had him pencilled into the top 6 but that was mostly wishful thinking. On the plus side most of their other off season signings have worked well.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If he clears, no one is trading for him, when you could have him for free, unless Leaf’s throw in a pick or prospect.
That is not true, some team might find him more valuable once he has cleared. It just happened with Clifford. He was traded hours after he cleared.

Reactions: banks

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
i guess i have suddenly misunderestimated his importance to leaf fans.

just yesterday he was the first player listed in a leafs fan's proposal on this board to trade for chycrun and crouse, but i guess that was yesterday. today he's a minor signing and waiving him is a no lose situation. go leaf fans!
"In a Leafs fan's proposal" perhaps that Leaf fan thought he was the main piece. Not all Leaf fans did.

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
but if the amount of sportsnet coverage a signing gets is irrelevant to how important it is, that must mean that toronto is not the centre of the universe?

that is heresy. are you some kind of hockey copernicus?
Toronto is not the center of the hockey universe. The Leafs are an extremely popular team though.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Funny watching Bruins fans come in here on their high horse.

You know who has less points than Ritchie? Nick Foligno, signed for almost double the price.

Now that’s an “I told you so” moment.

Eh ones been trending up a little lately after being injured to start the year, the other is getting waived. Also most Bruins fans didn’t think foligno was gonna produce a whole lot….I’d rather sign him for no assets than give a 1st and watch him walk though champ ;)

Reactions: BruinsBtn

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Too bad, thought he had stepped it up a bit in the last ~10 games. But the reality is he's not really scoring much and he doesn't bring the defense/PK utility of a guy like Engvall.

If he gets claimed, great some more cap space, if not, not a bad guy to have on the taxi squad.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
There is a good chance Ritche, Dermott and Mrazek need to go, plus we need to get Sandin for 1.5 or less, Mikheyev for 1.7 or less, resign Spezza for league min, Kase for 1.5 or less, bring up Robertson and that leaves a max of 6.5 for Campbell

Sorry but nobody is paying Campbell 6.5 per considering he has never played more than 30/31 games in any season. A fair deal would be 5x5.

Mikheyev isn’t coming back for 1.7, neither is Kase. Personally I’d like the TML to trade Mrazek and find somebody like Halak or Holtby to be the backup.

It will likely cost some draft capital or prospects (not high end) to move a few pieces.

Reactions: TML1990

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I wasn't sure who was going to win the Nick Ritchie vs. Jake Virtanen debate, but I also wasn't prepared that the answer would be nobody.
Jake Virtanan might be a member of team Canada in the Olympics, and Ritchie might play in the NHL.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
If Ritchie does clear but then is traded that team would be able to send him up to their NHL squad and down to their AHL squad without worry for 30days right?

That is my understanding, unless the rule has changed over the past few seasons. It's why fringe players have slightly more value once they've cleared waivers, which is why you sometimes see teams trade a 7th rounder or something for a recently cleared player instead of just acquiring him on waivers

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Eh ones been trending up a little lately after being injured to start the year, the other is getting waived. Also most Bruins fans didn’t think foligno was gonna produce a whole lot….I’d rather sign him for no assets than give a 1st and watch him walk though champ ;)
And i'd rather Kase than both combined. Certainly wouldn't want to walk away from his RFA QO empty handed.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If Ritchie does clear but then is traded that team would be able to send him up to their NHL squad and down to their AHL squad without worry for 30days right?
Yes, or even stash him in the minors until playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad