Waived: Nick Ritchie on Waivers (Cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Biggest fraud of a power forward in the league. If it was up to him the NHL would be a non-contact league.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
The real shame will be when his salary costs the Leafs their best goalie in years in the offseason…

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Don't be disingenuous. Hes not a "main" piece, he's a roster player going the other way in a trade due to cap implications. That's like a standard piece in most trades, the value is in the other components.

which other components?

something from the leafs was supposed to be worth chycrun and crouse in that trade proposal. ritchie was the first player listed. if he was not the value coming back to az, please elaborate? was it nick robertson? is he worth both crouse and chycrun?

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Leafs fans this summer telling Bruins fans how successful he was going to be in his role with them and not wanting to listen to us when we said he’d mostly do nothing>>>>>

and I kinda liked him because he’d occasionally get angry and be a force. But god damn nobody has ever left me wanting more than him. He’s clearly got decent hands. He can be a physical monster. Just has no interest bringing it night in and night out
Funny watching Bruins fans come in here on their high horse.

You know who has less points than Ritchie? Nick Foligno, signed for almost double the price.

Now that’s an “I told you so” moment.

Reactions: banks

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why’d they sign this guy? Never really made much sense to me. But I’m not an expert with this particular team..

Also, what in the actual f*** is going on with the ads on mobile? Holy shit. My screen re-sizes constantly because of stupid ads. The site is almost unusable on my phone.
Not almost, it is unusable on a phone.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I can't believe that not every single forward signing last offseason has worked out, only Spezza, Bunting, Kase, Kampf and Simmonds. Meanwhile Ritchie sucks, this is a disaster!

so you also think waiving ritchie is a "no lose" situation? or is there perhaps some loss to waiving "minor signing" nick ritchie 30 years into his leafs career after a "low profile" signing this summer to a two year $2.5m deal that makes him better paid than any of the players you just named?

i mean there's reality, and then there is being a leafs fan.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
but if the amount of sportsnet coverage a signing gets is irrelevant to how important it is, that must mean that toronto is not the centre of the universe?

that is heresy. are you some kind of hockey copernicus?
They cover what makes them money. 5 articles about Nick Ritchie signing in Toronto will make them more money then 10 about a better player signing in the south. That is just reality.

Reactions: TML1990

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
so you also think waiving ritchie is a "no lose" situation? or is there perhaps some loss to waiving "minor signing" nick ritchie 30 years into his leafs career after a "low profile" signing this summer to a two year $2.5m deal that makes him better paid than any of the players you just named?

i mean there's reality, and then there is being a leafs fan.

there's no loss to waiving him, I'm glad the team isn't afraid to potentially cut bait on a sunk cost. The loss was originally signing him obviously. That was a mistake. But when you make a bunch of bets in the offseason, not all of them will hit. And this is a pretty minor misstep in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: meefer

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
there's no loss to waiving him, I'm glad the team isn't afraid to potentially cut bait on a sunk cost. The loss was originally signing him obviously. That was a mistake. But when you make a bunch of bets in the offseason, not all of them will hit. And this is a pretty minor misstep in the grand scheme of things.

well so long as we agree there is a potential loss somewhere in there i fell better.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
There is a good chance Ritche, Dermott and Mrazek need to go, plus we need to get Sandin for 1.5 or less, Mikheyev for 1.7 or less, resign Spezza for league min, Kase for 1.5 or less, bring up Robertson and that leaves a max of 6.5 for Campbell

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
small news, not big news,
most likely, he'll clear, and Leafs will assign to Taxi, until needed

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
This thread got unhinged pretty quickly, I guess some people don't have to work Friday and got an early start to the weekend. Probably doesn't get picked up, but a team might take a swing at him and a 5th in the offseason for a 4th or something like that to be rid of his cap hit for next year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
small news, not big news,
most likely, he'll clear, and Leafs will assign to Taxi, until needed

I expect him to clear but I wouldn't be totally shocker if a team like Ottawa, Buffalo, Arizona or the NYI claimed him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad