Confirmed Signing with Link: Nichushkin signs with CSKA(KHL) for 2 years

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Did Dallas refuse to trade him or possibly there were no takers. I can't believe he'd go for apparently more money and that being 1.24 mill? I am sure there are a half dozen teams that would have at least offered 2-2.5/y, no?

There HAS to be more to this

I guess it is possible that having another go at brining Nichushkin back in two years was considered more valuable than selling low on his rights to another NHL team.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
They couldn't deal him? I'd happily give him 1.2 as a Leaf fan.

I assume the combination of Dallas not wanting to move him and Moscow being able to offer more guaranteed minutes led to this. At this point Dallas is best off holding on to him and hope he develops nicely overseas for 2 years

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
As a Stars fan, I'm not the least bit disappointed. Hopefully Nuke can polish his skills on CSKA.

From the Stars board, I gathered that many Stars fans were fed up with Nuke. I doubt there are many crying over him leaving.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
but but but.. the Canucks made a huge mistake taking Horvat over him right?! that's what HF said...

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
I'm pissed if I'm a Dallas fan.

...though I think every team has won and lost from the NHL's relationship or lack there of with the KHL. As a Ranger fan, I certainly didn't want to see Zherdev or Jagr go and while Cherepanov's career may have prematurely ended no matter what, I couldn't help but think that things would have turned out different had he be playing in Hartford instead.

On the other side, after squandering 1st and 2nd round picks for years, the Rangers were fortunate to steal Buchnevich for the very same reason. Further, Zherdev probably doesn't get traded to NY if the KHL isn't a legit risk.

From the player's perspective, it's his right to play where he wants. If he's not happy with the contractual offers coming from Dallas, he's got the right to make better money or take the offer from a different situation. We don't know if he wanted to stay in the NHL and asked for at trade, in which case perhaps Dallas denied it. If Drouin were Russian, he'd be playing in the KHL.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I'm shocked that Lindy and a European player (especially a Russian) had problems

Considering Klingberg, Janmark, and Faksa have all been successfully integrated into the Stars' lineup over roughly the last year, I'm more inclined to put the onus on Nichushkin rather than Ruff.

Nichushkin was handed top 6 minutes and wasted it. There was no way he was going to be slotted high on the lineup when we signed Hudler.

joplin

Dec 20, 2010
EU
Good move for Nichushkin...
Ruff is a tool. A coach, who can't find a place for a talented player is a bad coach.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Lindy gettin' stingy with the ice time.

Outside of Benn and Seguin every forward has to deal with that including seasoned vets and not just in between games . If things don't go well Lindy's gonna start the line blender during intermissions fairly regularly.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Russian takes his ball and goes home, shocker.

Good job, Nuke.
You just made it that much harder for the next crop of Russian prospects to get drafted.

I have said for years I wouldn't want a Russian on my team.

He reportedly wanted more than Nill was offering and wasn't willing to except a one year deal to prove he was worth more. As easy as it is to call him a "baby" or call him out for not earning a paycheck, he's an athlete who's going home for what's likely millions more than he would have gotten in Dallas it's hard to say he's a horrible person in that regard.

I wouldn't call him out, it's his decision to play at home. All I can say is, don't let the door hit you and the way out.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Considering Klingberg, Janmark, and Faksa have all been successfully integrated into the Stars' lineup over roughly the last year, I'm more inclined to put the onus on Nichushkin rather than Ruff.

Well, yeah, but none of those guys are Russians, so there. :nod:

:sarcasm:

We got similar pronouncements when it was Filatov and Hitchcock. Even after "Filly don't do rebounds" came to light, folks continued to insist that it was Hitch's fault; they only shut up after Filatov himself admitted that Hitch was right and that he was the problem.

Hopefully Nichushkin's situation turns out better than that.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Good move for Nichushkin...
Ruff is a tool. A coach, who can't find a place for a talented player is a bad coach.

I think the only tool here is Nichushkin. Another Russian high tailing it back to Russia. The only way I pick a Russian in the draft would be third round and higher.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
but but but.. the Canucks made a huge mistake taking Horvat over him right?! that's what HF said...

It's funny because it was Vancouver's fanbase that was saying it was a huge mistake going Horvat > Nichushkin. A lot of neutral based fans realized it wasn't nearly as much of a reach Canucks fans thought the pick was. Also, if Nichushkin was on Vancouver none of this would have happened. He would've had all the minutes in the world. We don't exactly have anyone on the right side aside from Eriksson who is too particularly skilled at the moment (Boeser is still a rookie). Meanwhile, Dallas has probably the best set of forwards in the league right now.

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
Sweet, love it! While this doesn't necessarily make Dallas weaker, at least not in a significant way, they lose an assets they could of used in a trade for a goalie. They're still sunk with that duo.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Doesn't really hurt us this year since we already replaced his spot with Hudler.

Benn-Seguin-Sharp
Janmark-Spezza-Hudler
Roussel-Faska-Hemsky
McKenzie/Ritchie-Eakin-Eaves

I'm more concerned for next year when we have Sharp, Hemsky, Hudler, Eaves all UFA. We could re-sign them of course, but was really hoping Nichushkin could take a step this year.

The Giordano thing could come true where he leaves to the KHL and then returns a better player (would be only 23 if he comes back in 2 years), but then again he could never return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad