Confirmed Signing with Link: Nichushkin signs with CSKA(KHL) for 2 years

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
What a horrible person for doing this to the stars but i think whoever in russia tricked him to do this is the real culprit. Feel for Dallas and there fans if they knew he would be such a rat they obvi would of taken someone like Domi :rant:

While we're at it: Let's bring back reserve clauses and C forms, eh?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Money was never the issue. He wants 16+ minutes and 1st unit PP time. The Stars thought he should earn it. He clearly disagreed.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
What a horrible person for doing this to the stars but i think whoever in russia tricked him to do this is the real culprit. Feel for Dallas and there fans if they knew he would be such a rat they obvi would of taken someone like Domi :rant:

He was a free agent...

If he wants to go home, he's not breaking a contract so that's his right.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Hey guys another Russian forward goes back to Russia since he is unhappy with something.

In other news, water is wet.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Lindy Ruff is notorious hard coach for young players to get anywhere under unless you're 100% committed to his system. Most scoring types like Nuke aren't as Ruff plays a very possession heavy system with lots of movement and needed back checking. Bout the only thing that catered to this kids game was a bit of the East/West type skill guys they have.
Still doesn't change the fact that if you're put on a line with Jason Spezza and can't just go to the front of the net and have him bank 10 off your ass and in, well maybe you shouldn't be on a scoring line of the highest scoring team the league when you're a scorer who can't score.
Doubt he's back in 2 years as Ruff is a better coach than Nuke will ever be a player. Kid is a 2/3 line scoring tweener who will never find a real home as he will be miscast as 2 line steady scorer by someone hoping for his breakout or someone trying to use his size as a 3 line guy with two defensive types.
Reminds me of another 10th overall who didn't have the greatest go under Ruff, Cody Hodgson. At least Nuke has the skating ability but I think Cody had the better hockey IQ to player lower in the lineup. Just seems neither have the drive to do so.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I'm calling not overpaying an entitled whiner 4th liner something right. If he wants to play in the KHL, let him. He won't be back in the NHL unless he's wearing victory green or he turns 27.

Roughly $1.24mil

Yeah- you were saying?

Seems pretty obvious that there's rift between Nuke and Ruff. Nill could have helped that, or dealt him to get something in return.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
sports fans are the only people that will bash someone for taking an opportunity to make more money:laugh::laugh:

Incorrect. If said opportunity is with the team said sports fan supports, then the only bashing will be of other sports fans who decry such behavior. :nod:

...and any other counterexamples would get this moved to the politics board... ;)

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Lindy Ruff is notorious hard coach for young players to get anywhere under unless you're 100% committed to his system. Most scoring types like Nuke aren't as Ruff plays a very possession heavy system with lots of movement and needed back checking. Bout the only thing that catered to this kids game was a bit of the East/West type skill guys they have.
Still doesn't change the fact that if you're put on a line with Jason Spezza and can't just go to the front of the net and have him bank 10 off your ass and in, well maybe you shouldn't be on a scoring line of the highest scoring team the league when you're a scorer who can't score.
Doubt he's back in 2 years as Ruff is a better coach than Nuke will ever be a player. Kid is a 2/3 line scoring tweener who will never find a real home as he will be miscast as 2 line steady scorer by someone hoping for his breakout or someone trying to use his size as a 3 line guy with two defensive types.
Reminds me of another 10th overall who didn't have the greatest go under Ruff, Cody Hodgson. At least Nuke has the skating ability but I think Cody had the better hockey IQ to player lower in the lineup. Just seems neither have the drive to do so.

Oleg Kvasha 2.0

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Who doesn't like another thread where people are allowed to throw disparaging remarks about a guy because of where he comes from and stereotype a large group of people?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Good for Nichushkin. There's no reason to stay with Dallas if he's being jerked around. I hope he finally starts to properly develop with CSKA.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Sucks for Stars fans to have one of their highest draft picks bolt after his ELC. If Logan Brown left Ottawa in a few years to play in Russia I'd be let down.

With that said, people talking **** about Nichuskin are childish. He's a person, this isn't EA NHL. He had an opportunity to make more money, live in his home country, and supposedly put himself in a work situation he liked better. How much does a player drafted by a team owe them?

He left the Stars to go to a more ideal situation that was better financially for him. Good for him. I understand Stars fans being disappointed to lose a top young player, but going to the KHL is hardly something he should be damned by the fans for. Blame your management for not giving him a competitive enough offer. If you don't think he was worth the asking price he got from CSKA, than you should be alright with him walking.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Lol this guy was so absurdly overhyped during/after his rookie year, despite puting up remarkaly pedestrian numbers while playing with the best offensive duo in the league. I remember making comparisons to Paajarvi at the time, big player with great speed but lacked in puck skill and offensive hockey IQ.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Sucks for Stars fans to have one of their highest draft picks bolt after his ELC. If Logan Brown left Ottawa in a few years to play in Russia I'd be let down.

With that said, people talking **** about Nichuskin are childish. He's a person, this isn't EA NHL. He had an opportunity to make more money, live in his home country, and supposedly put himself in a work situation he liked better. How much does a player drafted by a team owe them?

He left the Stars to go to a more ideal situation that was better financially for him. Good for him. I understand Stars fans being disappointed to lose a top young player, but going to the KHL is hardly something he should be damned by the fans for. Blame your management for not giving him a competitive enough offer. If you don't think he was worth the asking price he got from CSKA, than you should be alright with him walking.

From our responses, I think it's clear that we as a fanbase really don't care :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad