Confirmed Signing with Link: Nichushkin signs with CSKA(KHL) for 2 years

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Some of the comments in here :shakehead

Nuke has every right to go back to Russia if he feels that is the best place for him to be going forward, which it very well might be. 2 years in KHL with good playing time and a place where he is more comfortable is not a bad thing for his development at all.

It's not like he is breaking his contract or anything, which is what you might think considering the comments in this thread. And it's not like it's impossible for him to return after those 2 years in the KHL anyway. The kid is 21, he's got plenty of time.

Either way it's his choice. Maybe you guys should go play 3 years in Russia and then I can call you a baby or entitled <nationality> when you go home.

Very good post.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Ah, so it's finally over.

Best of luck back home, Nuke.

Figured he was holding out for a deal with Chelyabinsk, but I guess any KHL team will do when he's that opposed to playing under Lindy Ruff. :laugh:

Gotta give him credit, walking away from a powerhouse in the NHL to play in a lesser league. Some things are more important than money.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Can still turn out good for Dallas if he comes back in a year or 2 a better player,NHL is obviously the better league but Russia is home and he might be more comfortable playing there now he's still very young.Hopefully it turns out good for both sides

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'm sure Nill knew about this for awhile, makes the Hudler signing make more sense now. I don't think we've seen the last of Nuke I'm Dallas or the NHL at least. Hopefully he developes over there

Why do Canucks fans need to be thankful with drafting Horvat over Nuke. You traded away a top 10 goalie for that pick...

Nuke may still come back and be better then Horvat Aldo. Don't see the point coming in here to gloat

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yup Lindy Ruff has 2 years left on his deal with Dallas, Pretty sure that's why Nuke did it. It sounds like he wants to stay with Dallas just not play for Lindy Ruff.

He doesn't like Ruff, but my guess is he wouldn't like any NHL coach. Nichushkin wanted to be on the first line and first PP unit. As bad as he was, every coach in the league would play him like Ruff did. No coach is going to give him the minutes he wants.

In the NHL, you have to earn your ice time.

So Nuke is gone, Seguin is hurt and isn't Benn Hurt to? Dallas depth being tested.

Nichushkin was never a part of the team's depth. He was the worst guy on the roster.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If he feels a KHL contract is better for him than the NHL contract offered, why wouldn't he go?

While the idea that NHL players have options is not something NHL fans are used to, some players actually do.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
I really do think people should stop and seriously entertain this thought before ranting about Russian players who want to go home. Leaving your entire life behind to go do a high-pressure job in a foreign country is much easier said than done.
Yeah I doubt the majority of the people posting in this thread have given it as much thought as you have. Most of them grew up with Don Cherry telling them about the whining, diving, soft Europeans. So of course a young kid, trying to steady his floundering career in his home country is selfish, a quitter and a locker room cancer.

Skallagrim

Sep 22, 2011
Bay area
Why do Canucks fans need to be thankful with drafting Horvat over Nuke. You traded away a top 10 goalie for that pick...

Nuke may still come back and be better then Horvat Aldo. Don't see the point coming in here to gloat

What cost the Canucks to get the pick is irrelevant. The point is there were a lot of people who thought the Canucks should have taken Nichushkin over Horvat. And while it is still possible for Nuke to come back and be a better player, more signs suggest the opposite.

Weast

May 16, 2011
Good for him, he wasn't getting it done in the NHL but hopefully then next two years help him work on his all around game in a more familiar setting.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nichuskin was never a problem within the team , if you don't count him not playing all that well .

For the Stars it kind of sucks but its not the end of the world. He wasn't an essential part of the team .

Lets see how he does in the KHL .

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Honka is looking good in the AHL. I feel like he could make an impact in the NHL this season

Honka could be fine, or better, but they passed up on some studs in those drafts.

Dallas with Seguin, Benn, Domi, Larkin and Connor would be crazy good. I still think Nill missed on those picks. Then they could have focused on building the D with three terrific young forwards on ELCs.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
It isn't locked for two years as some claimed earlier in the thread; he apparently can opt-out after the first season of the deal if he wishes:

Ask Sobotka how easy it is to get out of a deal with an opt-out clause. St. Louis are in the second summer of dealing with Vladi S and his deal - it is Sept. and we still have no idea of where he will be playing this season. GM doesn't know where he is playing and I am not sure Sobotka does either.
(THE REST OF THIS POST ISNT AIMED AT YOU).
NUKE has every right to move on to another team. Everyone does - via UFA or signing with a team in a different country. He has every right to list his reasoning or not - NOT THAT HE OWES ANYONE AN EXPLANATION.

Fans can piss and moan, but lets get over the self entitlement that many show. Players don't owe FANS anything. If you don't like that - don't spend your money on the tickets. No one is forcing you to do so. You support the team by choice... feel they earn too much money - well don't spend yours on them.

We the fans spend money on what we chose to spend money on. No player is forcing us to do so, to buy tickets, merchandise, or even watch the game. It is a choice.

Good for him for going home and I hope it is a better situation for him.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
This could be a good thing for Dallas, they retain his rights and free up a contract spot and a little more cap.

Maybe he goes over there develops further, builds some confidence and in a couple years comes back and contributes on a cheap deal. Or maybe he goes over there tears it up for a couple years and then if he's interested in a return Dallas could probably trade his rights for something decent from a team desperate for offence or a cap team that needs a top 6 winger on a cheap deal.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Are you calling losing a #10 overall pick after 3 years (for nothing) doing something right?

But I totally get being pissed at Nuke here, too.

I'm calling not overpaying an entitled whiner 4th liner something right. If he wants to play in the KHL, let him. He won't be back in the NHL unless he's wearing victory green or he turns 27.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Nichuskin was never a problem within the team , if you don't count him not playing all that well .

We don't know that.

Yeah I doubt the majority of the people posting in this thread have given it as much thought as you have. Most of them grew up with Don Cherry telling them about the whining, diving, soft Europeans. So of course a young kid, trying to steady his floundering career in his home country is selfish, a quitter and a locker room cancer.

Many of my favorite players have been Russians. It is unfortunate how a few bad apples and lots of Cold War attitude creates this idea of there being something bad with Russian players.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Many of my favorite players have been Russians. It is unfortunate how a few bad apples and lots of Cold War attitude creates this idea of there being something bad with Russian players.

Most Stars fans would probably have a favorable attitude towards Russians after Zubov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad