Confirmed Signing with Link: Nichushkin signs with CSKA(KHL) for 2 years

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He reportedly wanted more than Nill was offering and wasn't willing to except a one year deal to prove he was worth more. As easy as it is to call him a "baby" or call him out for not earning a paycheck, he's an athlete who's going home for what's likely millions more than he would have gotten in Dallas it's hard to say he's a horrible person in that regard.

agree with this. If a man doesn't like his boss, why shouldn't he be able to quit, as long as he can accept the consequences?

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
good. he didn't get a fair chance in the nhl and dallas basically discarded him when they signed hudler. i have a feeling he'll be a great fit in cska.

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
good. he didn't get a fair chance in the nhl and dallas basically discarded him when they signed hudler. i have a feeling he'll be a great fit in cska.

Didn't get a fair chance? For ****sake they gave him time on the top 2 lines and he didn't produce or even improve. Talk about having no clue.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

People need to stop this narrative. His #1 most common linemate last season was Jason Spezza. How exactly does that equate to him being misused and lacking ice time ? For the record he was the worst player on that line and should have had even fewer opportunities based on his actual performance. He was pretty bad last year and even worse in the playoffs.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Some of the comments in here :shakehead

Nuke has every right to go back to Russia if he feels that is the best place for him to be going forward, which it very well might be. 2 years in KHL with good playing time and a place where he is more comfortable is not a bad thing for his development at all.

It's not like he is breaking his contract or anything, which is what you might think considering the comments in this thread. And it's not like it's impossible for him to return after those 2 years in the KHL anyway. The kid is 21, he's got plenty of time.

Either way it's his choice. Maybe you guys should go play 3 years in Russia and then I can call you a baby or entitled <nationality> when you go home.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
People need to stop this narrative. His #1 most common linemate last season was Jason Spezza. How exactly does that equate to him being misused and lacking ice time ? For the record he was the worst player on that line and should have had even fewer opportunities based on his actual performance. He was pretty bad last year and even worse in the playoffs.

Yep, this is true. I'm also going to guess he didn't play well enough to earn more than ~13 minutes a game. Ruff gave up decent PP time too.

Source: http://leftwinglock.com/line-combinations/?player1=Valeri+Nichushkin&flag=y

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
ouch, why not just trade his rights?

Maybe there wasn't a deal worth doing. It would be selling low right now too. Maybe the Stars still think he's worth keeping.

Good riddance. There goes his chance of playing in the NHL ever again. He's gonna fizzle out in the KHL and want to come back and I hope Nill just gives him the finger.

It's one thing if you're upset about ice time when you're playing well, but if you don't earn it and you whine about it, I don't want you near my team. Adios!

That might be going too far. If you can play, someone somewhere will take you. Even Hudler went to the KHL for a year while with Detroit, and came back to play with the Wings. Giordano did it with Calgary. Burmistrov is back in Winnipeg.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

Nuke - he does have a right to do what he wants.

Decision to go to KHL - I don't think its the best move for him. He has nothing left to learn from the KHL. He can learn a lot more from playing with and watching players like Seguin and Benn.

I do get that he was frustrated with his ice time. But you can't blame Ruff for playing him less when Nuke was coming off some serious injuries and wasn't up to the pace of the NHL. This season he is healthy and could have earned a lot more ice time. He also cant really expect a lot more money after only scoring 8 goals.

Ice time (and money) is earned, not given.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Burmi left for 2 years and came back when Jets had a new coach. Why can't Nuke?

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
These things always get so pointlessly emotional for some posters. He's not under contract, so of course he's free to leave the team. Just because he can't leave to another NHL team, it seems like parts of fanbases get the idea that they have a claim at a player staying. At the end of the day, it's a Russian kid going home because he feels he'd be happier playing there, and there's little wrong with that. That's often how teams get certain guys that are falling in the draft in the first place, so one has to suck up the risk when they leave occasionally. All the ill-wishes seem a bit misguided.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
why did he cry to the russian press about unfair treatment by ruff the club? i'm sure nuke had pretty good reasons to bail out. the club was aware of them and didn't care much, they pretty much gave up on him when they signed hudler. i think him signing with the khl club is win-win for all concerned

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Maybe there wasn't a deal worth doing. It would be selling low right now too. Maybe the Stars still think he's worth keeping.

That might be going too far. If you can play, someone somewhere will take you. Even Hudler went to the KHL for a year while with Detroit, and came back to play with the Wings. Giordano did it with Calgary. Burmistrov is back in Winnipeg.

It was definitely hyperbole, although I hope he never suits up for Dallas. He didn't earn a damn thing, complained about it on multiple occasions, and now has decided to basically walk away because he isn't getting a contract that he wants but didn't earn.

It's one thing to speak to the GM and let him know that you'd like to go to the KHL to allow for more development, that I can respect (and I wish this was done with him in the first place because he hasn't put it together yet). However, spending the season coming across as entitled and then skipping out to the KHLord because you didn't get your way rubs me the wrong way.

The Stars own his rights for 6 years, but I'm fine if we've seen the last game from him as a Stars player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad