Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
In all seriousness, the odds of Nuke just sitting around in his hotel room playing Tiddly-Winks while "Olga" was getting plastered is slim to none. He was most likely partying it up too on game day, which is as selfish, stupid & unprofessional as it gets for a pro athlete
Honestly they all do it. I know a couple guys who played in the league (none had major careers) and the stories are insane. They party like crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Whatever happened. I doubt the AVS will come forward with any news on this until the season ends.

Just 2 things from what was leaked so far:

1) His wife will take him to the cleaners with high probability
2) He let his teammates and the whole team down during a crucial time of the year.

So personal Nuke has really f***ed up. I dont know what rode him. That man just signed an 8-year contract worth 6 mill. The contract of his life, if you want to call it that way.....

In retrospect the AVS played their best game of this series in Game 3. Crazy....

Reactions: The Moops

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
I don't know what really happened there, but I can say the following. In Russia, you understand, this is also being vigorously discussed right now, several people who know Nichushkin personally (these are agents and journalists) wrote in the telegram in the comments to the news, they all say that Nichushkin does not drink alcohol at all. I don’t know, maybe because of the pain after the injury, he got hooked on drugs or started drinking, but before that he had definitely never been seen even close to this.

wizard92

Jul 1, 2018
Wrocław, Poland
So timetable for Saturday Nicha events is:.

-he missed teams morning skate in Seattle
-around 3 pm team doctor went to his room with security to check what's going on with him
-they found intoxicated woman
-woman became aggresive
-after she was taken to the hospital they drove Nichushkin back to the airport

All in the game day.
Yeah, it doesn't sound good at all.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'd be reallllllly shocked if some random russian criminal would mess with a high profile professional athlete. There's no way that turns out well for you. Most likely Nuke is going to rehab. This a pretty rough incident in terms of optics, but I'm pretty confident he'll play again for the Avs as long as he gets the right help.

It looks like she was a prostitute. Who probably worked for Russian criminals. Nuke obviously paid for "her services", and then something happened. She was drunk because prostitutes are always drunk, at least Russian ones.

Not sure whether it's crime or not to use paid sex service in America. As far as I undesrtand prostitution is a misdemeanor but can be a felony in US.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Honestly they all do it. I know a couple guys who played in the league (none had major careers) and the stories are insane. They party like crazy.
I believe it, but with the insane amount of $$$ that can be earned by even mediocre players nowadays, you'd like to think that the majority of guys would be bright enough to save the "fun times" for the off-season.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I believe it, but with the insane amount of $$$ that can be earned by even mediocre players nowadays, you'd like to think that the majority of guys would be bright enough to save the "fun times" for the off-season.
The money is what causes it lol give a 20 year old guy millions of dollars to play hockey. Partying and girls are what they do

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
The money is what causes it lol give a 20 year old guy millions of dollars to play hockey. Partying and girls are what they do.
Been there, done that...many moons ago. Didn't have million$ in the bank unfortunately, but I did my damndest with what I could scrape together at the time!

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

If the police were never involved then why is there a crisis report from the god damn police, Dater?

Is being with a prostitute really cheating on his wife? I mean you typically don’t have feelings or love the prostitute. You’re not gonna leave your wife and run off with the prostitute. It’s pretty much the same thing as if you were married and masturbated. Masturbation is not cheating

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Is being with a prostitute really cheating on his wife? I mean you typically don’t have feelings or love the prostitute. You’re not gonna leave your wife and run off with the prostitute. It’s pretty much the same thing as if you were married and masturbated. Masturbation is not cheating

giphy (20).gif

Does your GF or wife know of this Theory? :laugh::D

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin

The money is what causes it lol give a 20 year old guy millions of dollars to play hockey. Partying and girls are what they do

Most of these dudes aren't the sharpest tools in the shed either

Being as good as they are, they've likely grown up in a cocoon of hockey culture insulated from real life responsibility. Their entire worldview is seen through the prism of hockey and, as we know, hockey culture can be pretty sick.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Another less likely theory would be that the sex traffickers are coming after Nuke for getting the authorities involved and his absence is for his own security.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

NMAvsman

Jan 28, 2007
I don't know what really happened there, but I can say the following. In Russia, you understand, this is also being vigorously discussed right now, several people who know Nichushkin personally (these are agents and journalists) wrote in the telegram in the comments to the news, they all say that Nichushkin does not drink alcohol at all. I don’t know, maybe because of the pain after the injury, he got hooked on drugs or started drinking, but before that he had definitely never been seen even close to this.
My thoughts as well....team also feels partially responsible having him play on a bad foot and giving said painkillers and are giving him an ultimatum to get help or get cut.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
lol His agent is now denying there was a woman in the room.

What a mess.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
lol His agent is now denying there was a woman in the room.

What a mess.
Source?

But wouldn't be surprising coming from Gandler... dude talks out of his ass all the time. Probably just setting up a rebuttal case if he did say that. I'll believe the filed report over Gandler.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think it's been said in this thread previously but the Avs PR f***ed this one up.

This Area 51 BS finally bit them in the ass. This was not a situation to just sweep under the rug and pretend it didn't happen. There are too many resources out there for people to find information. Information has been found now and people are piecing it together without any true knowledge which means a jumbled mess of half truths, rumors and speculation.

It's incredibly ridiculous that no one from the organization has said anything and left the coach and the players out to dry on the topic.

Very poorly mismanaged, much like the season in general.

Reactions: Cake Malar

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Reactions: henchman21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad