Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
But here we are, speculating about hookers, rebab, sex trafficking, Russian collusion, etc, etc. LOL.
From the DP article, it sounded pretty clearly like she was trafficked, which means she's probably a sex worker.
I can tell you this. When I was a young lawyer, my firm did work for certain dancing establishments in Glendale. I actually helped the, uh, "talent" get traffic tickets and minor offenses fixed. God, that was fun.

Anyway, the Russian mob - at least in those days - were no-silent investors in those places. I saw - and met - plenty of Russian NHLers (local and other) in my, uh, "client visits" to what I termed the "Glendale Ballet". I saw some wild stuff. And you bet I kept my mouth shut. Some - but not all - Russian athletes have to "kick up" to their Russky handlers to stay and play in the US.

Whatever Val is mixed up in, I have a strong sense its complicated.
Can't wait for the book you write someday

Reactions: armedequation

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
From the DP article, it sounded pretty clearly like she was trafficked, which means she's probably a sex worker.

Can't wait for the book you write someday

You'll be waiting a long time. When it comes to making sure their people keep secrets, the Russian mob makes the Mafia look like cheerleaders.

It is a massive failure if they don't. It doesn't have to be detailed, but a statement needs to be made. To keep this in the air is only to invite the distraction in to live, rent free.
It's not a "massive failure". They may not know everything they need to know. Nuke is a private citizen working for a private company. Just like you. He's going through some supremely weird stuff that may involve foreign interests.

If I was the Avs lawyer, my continuing advice would be to shut up and "no comment"

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
The Avs owe a statement on this. They owe fans who support the team when a top player is out for mysterious reasons in the midst of a playoff run. Just as importantly though (maybe more), they owe the players, coaches, and staff. The longer the Avs stay quiet on this or hide behind personal reasons, the lowder this noise will be and become even more of a distraction.
They know we're losing tonight and nobody will care about the team for the next four months.

• Haha
Reactions: Bubba Thudd

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You'll be waiting a long time. When it comes to making sure their people keep secrets, the Russian mob makes the Mafia look like cheerleaders.

It's not a "massive failure". They may not know everything they need to know. Nuke is a private citizen working for a private company. Just like you. He's going through some supremely weird stuff that may involve foreign interests.

If I was the Avs lawyer, my continuing advice would be to shut up and "no comment"
The no comment part has worked so well so far... no statement will just continue to amplify the situation.

I agree they may not know everything and the public doesn't need to know every detail. The statement can be a pretty long way of saying no comment, but just ignoring this will only cast more of a spotlight.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
The Avs owe a statement on this. They owe fans who support the team when a top player is out for mysterious reasons in the midst of a playoff run. Just as importantly though (maybe more), they owe the players, coaches, and staff. The longer the Avs stay quiet on this or hide behind personal reasons, the lowder this noise will be and become even more of a distraction.
Yea but it's the Avs, as soon as the heat gets turned up they're gonna go bunker mode.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Disagree. This is just another stain on hockey culture.
Ummm, if you want "stained culture", visit the Westin downtown when NBA teams play the Nuggets. Visiting teams reserve 2 floors there and the "culture' is like something out of Caligula.

They just do it better. And smarter. And nobody talks.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Again, this is just speculation. We do know that she is the intoxicated person. We do know that she assaulted the team Dr., but we are taking her statements to police as being credible? In all my many years, when being around highly intoxicated people, what they do and say is not what I would call credible. More often than not, they do and say the dumbest shit imaginable. While highly entertaining and funny at times, it's still downright dumb. Most of them have no idea what they did or said the next day.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
The avs should do whatever it takes to avoid further embarrassment. They should consider forfeiting tonight's game without comment.
And then they should trade Makar to Toronto as penance for being such a gong show one year removed from a Cup.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Ummm, if you want "stained culture", visit the Westin downtown when NBA teams play the Nuggets. Visiting teams reserve 2 floors there and the "culture' is like something out of Caligula.

They just do it better. And smarter. And nobody talks.
For team sports hockey is the only one I care about. But I'm sure it's spread far and wide.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
if the Avs aren’t saying anything, then it’s clear that they are part of Valerie’s Russian mafia. And I think the woman being intoxicated proves that she was responsible for the invasion into Ukraine. I also think Bednar hid the body.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
This thread is like watching a bunch of old ladies speculate on the latest neighborhood drama. Really weird.
giphy.gif

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
So she was detained for being a danger to others and "gravely disabled for being so intoxicated to a point that she was unable to care for herself."

Her name already been published hasnt it?
I got that from Fredrickson's Twitter feed. He said he wasn't going to publish her name, but also said it's public record. I'm sure her name is available, and someone will report it, or probably already has.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Why were Avalanche team employees checking on Nichushkin?

I’m guessing because the bus was going to leave for the rink and he wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Why were Avalanche team employees checking on Nichushkin?

I’m guessing because the bus was going to leave for the rink and he wasn’t anywhere to be seen.
Didnt he take a maintenance day that day? We know why now but maybe they were checking in on his availability for the game and got attacked by Russian hooker.

So she was detained for being a danger to others and "gravely disabled for being so intoxicated to a point that she was unable to care for herself."

I got that from Fredrickson's Twitter feed. He said he wasn't going to publish her name, but also said it's public record. I'm sure her name is available, and someone will report it, or probably already has.
Yah im pretty sure Aarif Deen published it last night along with her age.

• Haha
Reactions: Northern Avs Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad