Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yea "personal reasons" are either going to rehab because he got caught or hiding from the mob after f***ing up with a prostitute.

We're far from "grandma is dying" type of personal reason here.

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
My expectation is they will answer that way, but going down that path will cause more questions than answers... which will lead to more investigation.

Yeah, "personal reasons" is a bullshit shield. He's severely hurt the team and embarrassed the organization due to his selfish actions, he should be held accountable.
The Avalanche will investigate, or are investigating, to figure out what happened and what the requisite course of action is. This is fine and what would happen anywhere in this sort of situation. They won't care about social media/fan speculation because it won't affect what they're investigating (as long as the involved parties don't say anything, and the longer the woman goes without saying anything the more I think it is something serious given how quickly something like the Varlamov situation played out) and... that's that. I'm sure whatever discipline is due will come. Whether or not we hear what that is (and what can actually happen under the CBA), I don't know.

Neither Nuke nor the Avs owe fans any explanation at all.
Yes they do. Fans are the only reason the Avalanche exist and we've long since deserved a better PR experience than what we get. A full explanation maybe not, but an acknowledgement would be nice.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Val doesn’t need to make any statement but the Avs have no doubt made this worse. I posted that in the injury thread on the first day rumours started coming out. They invited the speculation and some of the wrong (and terrible) stuff the last few days. It’ll probably keep getting worse too.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Exactly. There are issues of privacy at play here and the public doesn't have "right" to know anything. Avs management still may not know everything there is to know.

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
"The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club is aware of an incident which occurred during the team's trip to Seattle on April 22. The Club is conducting an investigation and will make no further comment until it is concluded."

Very simple. Give me a job.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Yea "personal reasons" are either going to rehab because he got caught or hiding from the mob after f***ing up with a prostitute.

We're far from "grandma is dying" type of personal reason here.

It doesn't add up if its mob related. Going after a millionaire hockey player because some prostitute was found in his room is illogical. It's very sad, but trafficked individuals are deemed expendable.
A criminal enterprise is gonna stay far away from the situation given the attention this is getting,

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

It doesn't add up if its mob related. Going after a millionaire hockey player because some prostitute was found in his room is illogical. It's very sad, but trafficked individuals are deemed expendable.
A criminal enterprise is gonna stay far away from the situation given the attention this is getting,
He quickly left for the airport with security (to an unknown destination) while the woman was being transported to the hospital. What does that tell you?

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
"The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club is aware of an incident which occurred during the team's trip to Seattle on April 22. The Club is conducting an investigation and will make no further comment until it is concluded."

Very simple. Give me a job.
27rGoCfDwLlU.gif

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Man, the level of conspiracy and conclusions people are jumping to in this thread is deep. The only facts we have are a police report stating an "intoxicated" woman needed help. Comments in the report from the same woman, who was so intoxicated she needed paramedics. IDK about you, but unless she is a high-functioning alcoholic/drug addict, that's not exactly the most credible of sources. Then, some guy on Twitter claimed he saw Nuke taken to the airport by security, but there are no photos or video of this. And, then, Bednar said Nuke left the team for personal reasons.

There are no pending criminal charges. The only one was the intoxicated woman hitting the team Dr., but he refused to press charges. There is no ongoing investigation into any illegal activities. The team and the coach say this is not from disciplinary actions. But here we are, speculating about hookers, rebab, sex trafficking, Russian collusion, etc, etc. LOL.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
no, they are not required to do anything. nor are we required to spend money on a team that obviously doesn't give a shit about their customers.
I'm.on the Tampa wagon now. Full class and know and do what it takes..

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Man, the level of conspiracy and conclusions people are jumping to in this thread is deep. The only facts we have are a police report stating an "intoxicated" woman needed help. Comments in the report from the same woman, who was so intoxicated she needed paramedics. IDK about you, but unless she is a high-functioning alcoholic/drug addict, that's not exactly the most credible of sources. Then, some guy on Twitter claimed he saw Nuke taken to the airport by security, but there are no photos or video of this. And, then, Bednar said Nuke left the team for personal reasons.

There are no pending criminal charges. The only one was the intoxicated woman hitting the team Dr., but he refused to press charges. There is no ongoing investigation into any illegal activities. The team and the coach say this is not from disciplinary actions. But here we are, speculating about hookers, rebab, sex trafficking, Russian collusion, etc, etc. LOL.

You should see Twitter if you think it’s bad here.

pont

Jul 1, 2019
I respectfully disagree. They need to frame this in some sort of way that stops all this speculation. We are not owed all the details, but from a PR perspective its a bad look on the organization if they do not say anything. I am sure they will give some official statement, but being in the playoffs and the sensitivity of the matter is leading to silence IMO.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
no, they are not required to do anything. nor are we required to spend money on a team that obviously doesn't give a shit about their customers.
Kroenke already proved that when he decided the majority of fans in Colorado don't need to see the games on TV.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He quickly left for the airport with security (to an unknown destination) while the woman was being transported to the hospital. What does that tell you?
I'm not sure if we need to read so much into this...if Nuke f-ed up, then they obviously wouldn't want him around the team anymore while on the road. They had a game coming up, they'd obviously want him out of the hotel and away from the rest of the team as soon as possible. Security going with him doesn't mean that he was surrounded by dudes with guns looking out for the Russian mob. It might just mean that they gave him a ride there (since he doesn't have a car in Seattle) and made sure he got onto the plane. Someone from the Avs might have gone with him to make sure he gets to wherever he needs to go. They certainly would have had folks with him at all times if there are concerns about his mental state.

Snow Arc

We got service We got challenge Set yourself apart
Aug 14, 2020
What if Nuke opted to go home ahead of this all becoming public so he could attempt to get ahead of it with his wife? Like he had to know the second paramedics turned up this was going to come out. So maybe he told the team he had to go deal.
What if she had choked on her own vomit, alone?

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
I can tell you this. When I was a young lawyer, my firm did work for certain dancing establishments in Glendale. I actually helped the, uh, "talent" get traffic tickets and minor offenses fixed. God, that was fun.

Anyway, the Russian mob - at least in those days - were no-silent investors in those places. I saw - and met - plenty of Russian NHLers (local and other) in my, uh, "client visits" to what I termed the "Glendale Ballet". I saw some wild stuff. And you bet I kept my mouth shut. Some - but not all - Russian athletes have to "kick up" to their Russky handlers to stay and play in the US.

Whatever Val is mixed up in, I have a strong sense its complicated.

Reactions: Snow Arc

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs owe a statement on this. They owe fans who support the team when a top player is out for mysterious reasons in the midst of a playoff run. Just as importantly though (maybe more), they owe the players, coaches, and staff. The longer the Avs stay quiet on this or hide behind personal reasons, the lowder this noise will be and become even more of a distraction.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Avs owe a statement on this. They owe fans who support the team when a top player is out for mysterious reasons in the midst of a playoff run. Just as importantly though (maybe more), they owe the players, coaches, and staff. The longer the Avs stay quiet on this or hide behind personal reasons, the lowder this noise will be and become even more of a distraction.
Yup. They're inviting speculation and stories going wild on social media. It's casting a pall over the whole organization given people are speculating about crime, etc.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
No they do not. Period.

Snow Arc

We got service We got challenge Set yourself apart
Aug 14, 2020
And if we win the series, it will become a Roman circus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad