Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The Boys is rather meh to me. It has moments, but times of it trying way too hard. The first season is especially guilty of it. Gets better for 2 and 3 (haven’t seen 4 yet). I’d never say it is a must watch, but fun if you can get past the first season.

The Watchman is something that I feel is really begging for a live action piece that does it justice. The movie has moments, but too Zack Snyder. The series is more of a universe piece than the Watchman. One day I hope someone can do it justice. I hope the same for Blood Meridian too, but my hopes aren’t real high.
I'm not sure anyone else could have done as good of a job with the Watchman. It's not something that would interest a Steven Spielberg or Nolan Ryan. In the hands of someone who would normally take on a project like this (think Uwe Boll) it turned out so much better than I ever dreamed possible. It is the best movie Snyder ever or will make.

For the most part, I don't believe in Zach's movies mostly because they please no one. The audience won't show up, the studios are all pissed about the return on investment, and even Snyder admits his directors cut doesn't live up to his vision. If he's not happy with the movies he's making, he really should stop because there is no chance an audience is all of sudden going to turn a film of his into a blockbuster at this point.

Reactions: henchman21

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
2d3.jpeg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
First Star I see tonight...
1720586502286.png

Sadly, that's actually a planet not a star, but still it fits the rhyme. You're post actually first reminded me of a song by Charlie Robinson...

[edit...For the record, this really isn't too far off topic as all three guys on that album have done songs about drugs. Some of which actually appear on this album.]

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I'm not sure anyone else could have done as good of a job with the Watchman. It's not something that would interest a Steven Spielberg or Nolan Ryan. In the hands of someone who would normally take on a project like this (think Uwe Boll) it turned out so much better than I ever dreamed possible. It is the best movie Snyder ever or will make.

For the most part, I don't believe in Zach's movies mostly because they please no one. The audience won't show up, the studios are all pissed about the return on investment, and even Snyder admits his directors cut doesn't live up to his vision. If he's not happy with the movies he's making, he really should stop because there is no chance an audience is all of sudden going to turn a film of his into a blockbuster at this point.
Nolan Ryan makes movies? Ha! I figured you meant Christopher Nolan. I thought the watchmen movie was terrible but the series was really good.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Watchmen was a good, honest effort, but I was really annoyed how Snyder listened to the fans bitching about the big twist at the end and altered it in a way that just didn't make any sense to me (he even did an animated version of "Tales of the Black Freighter" which, given his alterations, didn't fit in the story any longer). Filmmakers (and especially DC) need to just leave well enough alone.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
F*** Val Nichushkin

Way to get this back on topic.

f*** that motherf***er.

In the middle of legit Cup runs and couldn’t stay focused on the prize that almost anybody who has ever laced up a pair of skates would practically kill themselves for.

Like FFS… crank one out and go to bed, you’ve got practice in the morning.

Son of a bitch.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

f*** that motherf***er.

In the middle of legit Cup runs and couldn’t stay focused on the prize that almost anybody who has ever laced up a pair of skates would practically kill themselves for.

Son of a bitch.
I wonder what that selfish prick would have to say to Parise. He ruined his last chance. What a waste of time.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I've avoided this thread lately. I'm stuck somewhere between this..

Nuke is not only gonna come back clean and sober, he’s gonna win the Conn Smythe when we win the cup.

And this.. 😆

f*** that motherf***er.

Son of a bitch.

So 🥳

I think he's coming back though. What happens after that is anyone's guess. So far it's clear Mack was the only one good enough not to have to sell his soul to win. Either that or he just made a better deal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The contract that Kuzy gets will be roughly what Nuke could expect in the KHL. That's probably the most interesting detail in this. He's due 6m for the rest of his season, so you'd imagine he's guaranteed more than that over the 4 years. I'd doubt he's getting that in the first season, probably closer to $4m.

Also of note, sounds like this is a mutual termination.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Lord please let Kuznetsov convince Nichushkin to go with him and mutually terminate.
I'd love it, but drastically different situations. Kuzy has just a year left and $6m. So SKA easily match that over the 4 year term total Nuke will have around ~34m left on his contract.

I'm really curious on what Kuzy gets... I'm expecting around ~4m. Which if Nuke ends up suspended for a year on the next go round, that might be just enough after losing another year.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Lord please let Kuznetsov convince Nichushkin to go with him and mutually terminate.
It does not work like that in real life. Nuke just recently bought an expensive house in Denver. You know that he has to pay for the mortgage and place food on the table for his family. He also got one expensive Mercedes Benz and two Beemers that he needs to insure.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It does not work like that in real life. Nuke just recently bought an expensive house in Denver. You know that he has to pay for the mortgage and place food on the table for his family. He also got one expensive Mercedes Benz and two Beemers that he needs to insure.
You do know that real estate and other possessions can be sold, right? ;)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah and he can f*** off, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad