Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
TBF we knew ownership was real cheap.

Also, Nuke hating Chipotle is just as bad as him snorting his way out of the playoffs two years in a row.

No doubt in my mind Wood and Colton are part of that clique. The mean girls club.
They are too stupid to have witty banter.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Thats whats happens when your leader and captain is gone for 2 years and no one is there to step up.

Letting also EJ go didnt help either.......

I think our window is allready closed. Last season may have been our last shot.

Reactions: Alienblood

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Thats whats happens when your leader and captain is gone for 2 years and no one is there to step up.

At the time of the injury we had no idea how long Landy was going to be out. But once we knew he was missing a whole season, Bednar really should have named a temporary Captain. The three that are wearing A's are wearing them simply because they are the best players on the team. It has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to manage, motivate, or solve problems. I imagine that this was absolutely driving JMFJ and Parise up a f***ing wall.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
At the time of the injury we had no idea how long Landy was going to be out. But once we knew he was missing a whole season, Bednar really should have named a temporary Captain. The three that are wearing A's are wearing them simply because they are the best players on the team. It has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to manage, motivate, or solve problems. I imagine that this was absolutely driving JMFJ and Parise up a f***ing wall.
A player doesn't become a leader simply because he's named the captain

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
A player doesn't become a leader simply because he's named the captain
But not actually putting someone with even an ounce of leadership in an actual leadership role? I'd say that was a roaring success? How about you?

I'm simply suggesting that Bednar missed the boat significantly. Like he couldn't hit the floor with his hat in 30 tries, badly missed. The captain and the alternates job are to be the bridge between the coach and the team. They are also responsible for planning inclusive outings for the entire team. They are also supposed to be able to motivate/uplift and bring the individual players together as a cohesive team. Instead Bednar has a world class captain, but handed out his A's out as medals to his stars.

Nate, Mikko and Cale are each all-world players but there is just no f***ing universe where any of them are captain material. Does anyone actually see any of them providing things that Landy did in his role as captain? The fact is Bednar just chose to go a complete season without a single leader in his leadership group and it apparently had a rather significant impact on the team. This was on him.

Now I know you don't have to have a letter to be a leader, but not having a single leader wearing a letter is just one of the choices of all time. Especially if your three A's are most likely a large part of the problem with the whole clique-like nature thing fracturing the team's unity.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

It's still good enough to win assuming the Avs have a big deadline. If they don't have a busy deadline then yep this team won't contend.

Also the Nuke situation has to be sorted out. I'm expecting nothing out of Landeskog.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
It's still good enough to win assuming the Avs have a big deadline.

Do we have any trade-ammunition for a "big deadline"? I dont think so. Beside the cap, which is another problem. My hopes are that we can ride of that russian coker and his cap.

We basically went "All-In" last season and it ended in another disaster.

Now news coming out that this once so tight locker isnt that tight anymore. I mean, there is nothing wrong with some cliques inside a team as long as everyone buys in for the bigger picture/team.

But i dont see this on that team anymore. Beside the Kroenkes being cheap.....

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
But not actually putting someone with even an ounce of leadership in an actual leadership role? I'd say that was a roaring success? How about you?

I'm simply suggesting that Bednar missed the boat significantly. Like he couldn't hit the floor with his hat in 30 tries, badly missed. The captain and the alternates job are to be the bridge between the coach and the team. They are also responsible for planning inclusive outings for the entire team. They are also supposed to be able to motivate/uplift and bring the individual players together as a cohesive team. Instead Bednar has a world class captain, but handed out his A's out as medals to his stars.

Nate, Mikko and Cale are each all-world players but there is just no f***ing universe where any of them are captain material. Does anyone actually see any of them providing things that Landy did in his role as captain? The fact is Bednar just chose to go a complete season without a single leader in his leadership group and it apparently had a rather significant impact on the team. This was on him.

Now I know you don't have to have a letter to be a leader, but not having a single leader wearing a letter is just one of the choices of all time. Especially if your three A's are most likely a large part of the problem with the whole clique-like nature thing fracturing the team's unity.
I'm not really disagreeing that the team lacked a strong leader after Landeskog was gone. I just don't think giving the C to say Makar would change anything from him wearing an A.

One has to hope Landeskog is able to play. Even if his lack of skating ability prevents him from being an effective top-6 winger, his leadership alone should boost the team.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Do we have any trade-ammunition for a "big deadline"? I dont think so. Beside the cap, which is another problem. My hopes are that we can ride of that russian coker and his cap.

We basically went "All-In" last season and it ended in another disaster.

Now news coming out that this once so tight locker isnt that tight anymore. I mean, there is nothing wrong with some cliques inside a team as long as everyone buys in for the bigger picture/team.

But i dont see this on that team anymore. Beside the Kroenkes being cheap.....
I wouldn't call last season a disaster. 2nd round exit against a strong team. They were active like they should have been, didn't work out but that can be said for pretty much any buyer except the cup winner.

The Avs have their 26 & 27 picks + prospects to trade. If management wants to be active at the deadline they can, who knows if they actually do it or are conservative like usual.

Nuke is here to stay this season. Cannot be bought out, surely he won´t walk from that contract either and likely nobody is interested in a trade.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I wouldn't call last season a disaster. 2nd round exit against a strong team.

Its not the exit against a "strong team" (in hindsight, i dont think Dallas was that "strong" of a team, but anyway), its the way we have gone out. This should have been a sweep for Dallas the way we played.

That was a shocker to me. Our coaches not able, or to stubborn, to adapt and make changes and our players allready out of gas by game 5..... The annually Nuke-incident beside.

Now news about a "not so tight" locker-room......

Thats not a receipt for victroy, if you ask me.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Its not the exit against a "strong team" (in hindsight, i dont think Dallas was that "strong" of a team, but anyway), its the way we have gone out. This should have been a sweep for Dallas the way we played.

That was a shocker to me. Our coaches not able, or to stubborn, to adapt and make changes and our players allready out of gas by game 5..... The annually Nuke-incident beside.

We are Done

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Not too surprised about the cliquey locker room, I’m hoping Landy can come back and it sounded like Mitts was a big part of the Sabres locker room in terms of getting people together. Simply put, this team needs to figure out if they want to win another cup or if they are okay with the one and just being contenders. This goes for the coaches and management as well.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Not too surprised about the cliquey locker room, I’m hoping Landy can come back and it sounded like Mitts was a big part of the Sabres locker room in terms of getting people together. Simply put, this team needs to figure out if they want to win another cup or if they are okay with the one and just being contenders. This goes for the coaches and management as well.
I'd say they are satisfied with the 1

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

The biggest problem was the sub .900 goaltender. Avs won zero games in the series without scoring at least 4.

Georgiev was really solid in game 6 against Dallas and that was it pretty much. .864, .871, .905, .879 and .885 in the other games. Only a powerhouse team can compete with awful goaltending.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's Bednar's fault for not naming a temporary captain and also the Avs lacked players stepping into [publically] visible leadership roles.
Landy somewhat sticking around the team made things very difficult for everyone, including players who could have stepped up and take the reins in other conditions. Everyone got stuck in "waiting" mode.

All and all the Landy situation was a disaster for the room, for the cap and for pretty much everything.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The locker room stuff is not surprising, but I don't think it is nearly as big of deal as people think. I've been around a ton in my life and it is rather rare to have a tight knit group. What matters most of all is that everyone, despite differences, is rowing the boat together. That's what seems lacking more than anything to me. The lack of leaders who can bring it all together. Bednar is too much of a players' coach to be that guy. The leadership vacuum from Landy and EJ (and now Cogs) being away from the team is where that splinters. Hopefully that can get resolved with Landy being around more. Really need somebody else to step up and into the role. Mitts can probably be the guy in time, though he may not be around long enough... Toews and Makar really are the ones who have to step up.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The locker room stuff is not surprising, but I don't think it is nearly as big of deal as people think. I've been around a ton in my life and it is rather rare to have a tight knit group.
Well Trenin said that there are cliques in the Avs locker room unlike what he saw in Nashville. Combined with all the other locker room stuff from the last season chances are high that there's a real issue there.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Well Trenin said that there are cliques in the Avs locker room unlike what he saw in Nashville. Combined with all the other locker room stuff from the last season chances are high that there's a real issue there.
I will f***ing kill you if you point out there is a problem again :sarcasm: You mean locker room stuff like that?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Many teams have won with cliquey locker rooms (the Kings in the early teens are a very prime example). What matters is how they come together for the goal. Yeah there are differences between teams and some are closer than others. Nashville clearly was closer than the Avs... but that doesn't prevent the Avs from winning. On the Kings, what united them as much as anything was their hatred of Sutter. :laugh:

Where cliquey locker rooms present issues, is when things go wrong. In those cases, there is more of a tendency to spiral.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad