Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Isn't coke suppose to make people not want to sleep and feel energetic and pumped up?
tenor.gif

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Isn't coke suppose to make people not want to sleep and feel energetic and pumped up?
It's like some of those old video games where if you go far enough to the right of the screen you end up on the left. So if you do enough coke you actually get really good rest...because your heart explodes. It's a bit of a permanent solution to sleep issues.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Are you trying to say neurodivergent? Apologies in advance if I'm misunderstanding but I don't know what "neodivergent" is.

Are you implying he's on the spectrum, or just saying he might suffer from something like, say, ADHD? Because I have severe ADHD and also a long track record of addiction in my family. And it's true that people with ADHD tend to have traits that can lead to addiction--me included--but that's still no excuse.
I've suffered some personal family tragedy of late that's taken me away from this discussion. So I'm not trying to resurrect anything but you asked a couple of questions and it appears I left them hanging. Sorry.

Yes I meant Neuro........ just typed it wrong.

And was expressing concerns that the job conditions associated with Nuke's profession might be dangerous to his health.

Rightly or wrongly reminiscent to me of how repeated concussions means you need to stop lacing 'em up before you damage your future health. Pat Lafontaine being one of my chief influencers.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So, what the f*** happened to the youtube series? Thought there were more episodes coming?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So, what the f*** happened to the youtube series? Thought there were more episodes coming?
AFAIK he didn't give any interview after he got caught in the last playoffs so everything that he could say in that Youtube series is super outdated and isn't about the current situation anyway.

Reactions: LOFIN

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Does it make sense to do load management for Nichushkin and maybe give him spot work until 10 or 15 games left and then suit him up on a regular basis?

A year ago, it would be default to say he’s not worth anywhere close to 6.25 at that point. But it’s a new world and and the high end guys (minus Marner) will be making 12-15 million per year. By that new standard, Nichushkin’s 6.25 doesn’t seem so out of line. When he’s on the ice, he’s not half as impactful as the elite players, especially in the playoffs. When he’s on the ice, he’s far more valuable than that. But the risk is obvious.

Is a possible solution to shorten his run way and to minimize the pressures of a long season by giving him spot starts and then revving him up with 10 or so games left in the season? Where it was once the case that one might say, this isn’t getting full value of his contract, that no longer seems to be the case given the rapid ascent of salaries (even for less impactful players).

If the Avs terminate his contract, the fear is that he will be the bane of our existence.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad