Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
OHL teams generate more than enough revenue to operate in a first-class manner, but not if ownership uses debt financing to purchase a team for, say, $20 million. In other words, the mortgage payments are expensive. A $20 million loan at 5% interest with a 10 year amortization = $211,000 per month ($2.5 million per year). Even if the purchaser digs into his own pocket for 50% of the purchase price upfront (unlikely, but possible), the yearly loan payments are still a cool $1 million.

And that’s how we get bus rides through snowstorms instead of hotels. Hypothetically — I’m not the kind of guy to suggest any of this applies to the Niagara franchise.
So you're suggesting, hypothetically , the possibility someone is punching above their weight ?

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
How do you ignore a member on this forum where they cannot see my post or vice-versa?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: MJ5 and LDN

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
As a former ice dogs fan from the original days, the first OHL game I ever saw was the Scott Paige/Jason Spezza year. The team has fallen quite a bit.

I don't lose my Fandom because of the results though. Grew up in Brampton watching the Ice Dogs, but lost the ability to follow when I moved away to Scarborough followed by Huntsville. The went to volunteer with the Gens before interning with the Brampton Battalion.

Now raising my kids in Sudbury. Supporting the Wolves. IceDogs hold second spot for me now. Hopefully ownership and management can sort things out some of the trades and the number of coaches lately don't build the culture. I have said the same about the wolves can't have new coaches every year and expect it to work.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
I went on the IceDogs website to see who will be on this years team and there are players who were traded, or left the team, last year that are still on the roster. Also, any new players acquired this year have not yet been added. Typical

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
I went on the IceDogs website to see who will be on this years team and there are players who were traded, or left the team, last year that are still on the roster. Also, any new players acquired this year have not yet been added. Typical
That stuff won’t be updated until after camp like usual camp roster will probably be out tomorrow or Monday depending on when it starts

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
I don't think any teams rosters have been updated yet. Erie's hasn't.

Reactions: dogs777

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Sounds like you forgot to switch the box to the updated 2024 Preseason Roster which shows no one at all.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
The Niagara IceDogs have acquired Noah Van Vliet from the Sudbury Wolves along with a draft pick

Full Trade Details:

Niagara Receives:
  • Noah Van Vliet
  • 15th round pick 2026 (SBY)
Sudbury Receives:

• 15th round pick 2026 (NIA)
  • 4th round pick 2026 (SAG) conditional
  • 3rd round pick 2027 (NB) conditional
  • 5th round 2028 (NIA) conditional
What’s up with all the conditional picks. The condition must be if he reports to the IceDogs or not.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
3rd4th/5th picks for van vliet?

30 points over last 2 seasons and 4 goals

What’s conditionals?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I'd have to guess each pick unlocks as more games are played to make sure this isn't another player who see's the headache and decides it isn't worth it.
There's no way the picks are going to be released as he plays game. The second he plays a regular season game, they all get sent. Standard practice for OA's that are even slightly on the fence about playing out their last year or going to university instead.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
The first year DD owned the team he made a ton of trades that appeared to be good for the team. It turned out that the players brought in hadn't played together and didn't know each other and it began the nightmare that we are in now. Of our starting 6 defensemen this year, i believe only 1 will have been with the team last year. I hope they adapt to each other better than players we traded for the first year.

Reactions: dirty12

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
He outright has ran the team the whole time he's been suspended.
Whaaaaat?! You mean Wes Consorti was a puppet? Does anyone else know this :eek3:?

The first year DD owned the team he made a ton of trades that appeared to be good for the team. It turned out that the players brought in hadn't played together and didn't know each other and it began the nightmare that we are in now. Of our starting 6 defensemen this year, i believe only 1 will have been with the team last year. I hope they adapt to each other better than players we traded for the first year.
He'll mix new players into the forward line-up as well, to ensure very little cohesion. If he doesn't change everything all the time, how will people know he is still in charge?

Reactions: Leviathan899

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Missing Jesus for 3 weeks in the 2nd half of the season; and Keane, Wycisk, Cato for all of it was not very lucky.

I think the Niagara D has a chance to be much, much better this season.

Reactions: dogs777

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
So if he reports... this is the Defense... It would have looked better with Frolov and Podrekar and we somehow lost picks in the process...

Brauti - Virgilio
Van Vliet - Wycisk
Cheynowski - Scott

Reactions: three dog night
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad