Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
So if he reports... this is the Defense... It would have looked better with Frolov and Podrekar and we somehow lost picks in the process...

Brauti - Virgilio
Van Vliet - Wycisk
Cheynowski - Scott
The price was likely not right, but I'm pretty sure Brauti is the best D in that trade.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Good pickup for Niagara. Van Vliet is far better than Vanatten and will do a much better job on and off ice. Van Vliet isn’t going to get a lot of points but he can play tough minutes and do the physical defensive work. Easy top 4 on the IceDogs, good opportunity for him
In no world is Van Vliet physical, he's big, but thats about it.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
My belief has always been that DD’s goal is to just make the playoffs each year. He has no interest in ever seeing the IceDogs in the top half of the standings. That would require too much money but you can run the team on a shoestring budget if your only goal is 8th place.

Reactions: dogs777

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
In no world is Van Vliet physical, he's big, but thats about it.
Physical defensive work. I didn’t say anything about big hits or laying out players. He’s lacks speed but he leans on guys, boxes out, protects the slot, pins players, blocks shots, things that a lot of defencemen these days don’t do.

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
So if he reports... this is the Defense... It would have looked better with Frolov and Podrekar and we somehow lost picks in the process...

Brauti - Virgilio
Van Vliet - Wycisk
Cheynowski - Scott
Do we know whether or not the import draft Swedish defenceman has signed yet? He would be part of the starting defence for sure

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Do we know whether or not the import draft Swedish defenceman has signed yet? He would be part of the starting defence for sure
he has a commitment for next season from the university of Michigan, so probably not; unless the senators sign him, then assign him to Niagara.

cruickshankd

Jun 3, 2024
I beleive that the new league committee that is being formed is to deal with Niagara...player minimum standards

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Was there food at past training camps
remember when you told me frolov wasn’t in the trade?

I neleive that the new league committee that is being formed is to deal with Niagara...player minimum standards
I don’t know for sure but there may also have been drama over laundry and the kids may have to wash their own stuff after the day. Can’t say how true that is

I neleive that the new league committee that is being formed is to deal with Niagara...player minimum standards
most of the time the kids had to pack other own lunches

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Good pickup for Niagara. Van Vliet is far better than Vanatten and will do a much better job on and off ice. Van Vliet isn’t going to get a lot of points but he can play tough minutes and do the physical defensive work. Easy top 4 on the IceDogs, good opportunity for him
Yeah they have a solid D core now. Adding Brauti and Van Vliet to your top 4 and Scott on your bottom pairing is good. Scott played hard and tough against Oshawa in the first round, was better than I remembered.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Holy crap. I knew DD was bad but I didn’t know he was THIS bad. Guy is mega rich and makes the kids bring their own lunches LOL

Really is a damn shame. Great fan base, great jerseys, pretty good arena, have had some good teams. Then of course, has to be run by that jackass.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I hope I’m wrong but I’ve heard it from a hockey
Person within the organization

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
At what point does the league say enough with some of this and step in and do something about it
The training camp food is a bit of a grey area in all honesty and he's taking advantage of the Billets doing this.
These Billet families foot a lot of the bills to house and feed these players and he can't even have the decency to provide the players he profits off of a meal between there scrimmages is quite pathetic.

Reactions: sbpointer and Jawk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad