Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
What do you think DDD's watershed moment would be? Personally, I don't believe he has one. Instead, I think he will run it into the ground until the fanbase is totally decimated (yes, more than it is currently) and that top players will refuse to report on a consistent basis.

None of this is good for Niagara, but it isn't good for the league either. I am surprised the BOG has not censured the team for consistent basement performance and losing their 4000+ seats per game attendance base. Surely the losses affect each team's revenue stream?
Unless DD breaks the rules, I am not sure if there is much the league can do. Perhaps that is why the league is imposing minimal standards. Now if DD doesn’t treat the players right, the league has the ability to punish the owner. I am hoping the minimal standards will cost too much and DD will decide to sell the team but maybe that is wishful thinking.

Reactions: knowescape

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Currently, 13 F listed on Niagara’s pre-season roster. One is injured and one leaving for an NHL camp. 8 D listed. One injured and three are heading to rookie camp/tournaments. IceDog fans will be interested in following this. Short staffed already or additional players to be added later today?

Last edited:

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
NIAGARA, ON – The Niagara IceDogs have acquired Seattle Kraken Draft Pick (2023 Round 4, 116th Overall) Andrei Loshko for the 2024-2025 season via waivers.

The deal, which was finalized earlier this week, is seen as a strategic step for the IceDogs as they look to strengthen their core players for the upcoming season.

In his season with Rouyn-Noranda earlier this year, the Belarus born native earned himself 54 points (23 goals, 31 assists) in 51 games. The 6’1” right–winger has been quoted as “a top two-way guy” by Jeff Tambellini of the Kraken, which will add to the IceDogs front and back end.

Loshko is positioned to become a key player for the IceDogs, and his presence on the ice is expected to be a major talking point throughout the season.

IceDogs fans should look forward to a dynamic and well-rounded performance from the 173 pound forward to provide a 200-foot game.

Welcome to Niagara, Andrei.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Bryant might be out for a few months. Possible to start with him off the roster and make a trade when he's ready to go. I'd also argue with how the season ended, Flores isn't the clear starter. I could see him being moved at some point in season.
Bryant is already skating. What's his injury?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I believe shoulder surgery. At one point this summer I heard it was questionable if he plays at all. I'm assuming he's still at least a couple months away
There's been a rumour for a while now that Barrie is getting an import from NIA but have to wait until Sept to do the trade. Didn't make sense at the time because Eliasson who they just drafted can't be traded until January because he was taken in the recent import draft. But Loshko could be traded because he was drafted a while ago. But Niagara really hammed it up in their press release how big of an acquisition he's going to be for the team so would be weird to then trade him a week later

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
There's been a rumour for a while now that Barrie is getting an import from NIA but have to wait until Sept to do the trade. Didn't make sense at the time because Eliasson who they just drafted can't be traded until January because he was taken in the recent import draft. But Loshko could be traded because he was drafted a while ago. But Niagara really hammed it up in their press release how big of an acquisition he's going to be for the team so would be weird to then trade him a week later
It’d be weird but totally be on brand for the Ice Dogs to do.

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
What’s the reason they’d have to wait?

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024

Looks like Bryant could be back mid October

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
CHL waivers so any team that had more points than you guys must not have wanted him. Believe they get first dibs. Also they probably had their import spots filled where as you guys don’t I believe so you just got lucky getting the guy.
but why didnt they trade him? Why waive him?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
CHL waivers so any team that had more points than you guys must not have wanted him. Believe they get first dibs. Also they probably had their import spots filled where as you guys don’t I believe so you just got lucky getting the guy.

Typo? Less points gets priority.

Not many teams can roster an OA import. Erie with Misiak may be the only other team in the OHL that does.

Reactions: frontsfan67

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Saginaw could this year...we have an import spot open and right now our 3rd OA is Forgione who is likely in the 3rd defensive pairing.

Reactions: dirty12

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Typo? Less points gets priority.

Not many teams can roster an OA import. Erie with Misiak may be the only other team in the OHL that does.
Yeah typo

Saginaw could this year...we have an import spot open and right now our 3rd OA is Forgione who is likely in the 3rd defensive pairing.
Would be funny to see you guys get Gazizov from London. I’m sure the knights fans would love that move for them

Reactions: donjohnson

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Is there any credible rumour that Lohsko isn't going to play for Niagara?

I have my doubts that Eliasson will report. Staios knows the OHL well and I'd imagine would advise his prospect to stay away.
Sorry I got a bad memory. Forgot about lohsko.

Is Eliasson coming?

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
I follow the Q closely and Loshko has been one of my favourite players for the last two years. Maxim Masse was seen as a possible first rounder for Chicoutimi but looked lost the second Loshko was traded to Rouyn-Noranda last year and couldn’t bless him with slick cross ice passes. Great decision making all day

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If Lohsko reports I see 1 of 2 paths.

1) When Bryant is healthy, Flores is moved out, and a younger goalie comes in as a #2.
or
2) Lohsko is temporary offense help until Bryant is healthy, then he is shipped off for picks.

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
If Lohsko reports I see 1 of 2 paths.

1) When Bryant is healthy, Flores is moved out, and a younger goalie comes in as a #2.
or
2) Lohsko is temporary offense help until Bryant is healthy, then he is shipped off for picks.
I’d personally like to see path 1 but I’m not sure if they’re going to get another goalie for him just let Humphries play if you think he’s going to be an important part of this team in the next couple years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad