Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
At what point does the league say enough with some of this and step in and do something about it
Maybe this will be a priority of the new commissioner
This stuff is embarrassing for the league and is doing permanent damage.
The longer these things go on the more elite players we are missing out on seeing.
I can tell you if I had an kid playing hockey at a level where they could be OHL drafted they would NOT be reporting to Niagara.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Holy crap. I knew DD was bad but I didn’t know he was THIS bad. Guy is mega rich and makes the kids bring their own lunches LOL

Really is a damn shame. Great fan base, great jerseys, pretty good arena, have had some good teams. Then of course, has to be run by that jackass

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Holy crap. I knew DD was bad but I didn’t know he was THIS bad. Guy is mega rich and makes the kids bring their own lunches LOL

Really is a damn shame. Great fan base, great jerseys, pretty good arena, have had some good teams. Then of course, has to be run by that jackass.
That was for a bit in the first year he owned the team I heard from a billet that has stopped

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
Maybe this will be a priority of the new commissioner
This stuff is embarrassing for the league and is doing permanent damage.
The longer these things go on the more elite players we are missing out on seeing.
I can tell you if I had an kid playing hockey at a level where they could be OHL drafted they would NOT be reporting to Niagara.

LOL. Unless you are a top 15 kid, you really don't have a choice of where you are going. Sure you could pursue the NCAA route, but that's not a given. There are worse teams out there with regard to cheapness. I don't think the league is implementing minimum standards sue to Niagara. Other than London and Kitchener all teams have issues of some sort

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
LOL. Unless you are a top 15 kid, you really don't have a choice of where you are going. Sure you could pursue the NCAA route, but that's not a given. There are worse teams out there with regard to cheapness. I don't think the league is implementing minimum standards sue to Niagara. Other than London and Kitchener all teams have issues of some sort
How so ?

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
As expected, the following players are absent from IceDogs’ 2024-25 Training Camp roster.

06 D Gabriel Eliasson One of the few OHL teams unable to secure an import post CHL draft.
05 D Andrew Wycisk
OA F Gavin Bryant
OA F Michael Podolioukh
OA D Ryan VanNetten

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Not at all surprised, but did not expect ‘05 Wycisk to be absent. It’s unfortunate that he is unable stay in the line up long enough to develop his obvious talent.
Is there an estimate as to how long Bryant is out?

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs777

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
Not at all surprised, but did not expect ‘05 Wycisk to be absent. It’s unfortunate that he can never stay in the line up long enough to develop his obvious talent.
Wycisk had great positioning and speed, but was undersized and injury prone. There was also the suggestion he was one of the players bullied by teammates. Writing was on the wall for his not returning.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Wycisk had great positioning and speed, but was undersized and injury prone. There was also the suggestion he was one of the players bullied by teammates. Writing was on the wall for his not returning.

Are you suggesting that bullies banned in spring ‘23 coerced a not healthy person to play last season?

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
Are you suggesting that bullies banned in spring ‘23 coerced a not healthy person to play last season?
Umm, no?? Suggesting that being bullied takes a toll on your mental and physical health, to say nothing of the social impact with other players and staff.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
As expected, the following players are absent from IceDogs’ 2024-25 Training Camp roster.

06 D Gabriel Eliasson One of the few OHL teams unable to secure an import post CHL draft.
06 D Andrew Wycisk
OA F Gavin Bryant
OA F Michael Podolioukh
OA D Ryan VanNetten
Bryant is hurt, may return earlier then I heard

Reactions: three dog night

tdot

Jan 28, 2024

05 D Andrew Wycisk
OA F Gavin Bryant
OA F Michael Podolioukh
OA D Ryan VanNetten
Boudreau said Wycisk got off season surgery and implied that he will play this year

6:05 on this link

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024

05 D Andrew Wycisk
OA F Gavin Bryant
OA F Michael Podolioukh
OA D Ryan VanNetten
Saw a picture of Bryant on the ice this morning but not sure how involved he was

three dog night

May 3, 2014

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
The IceDogs owner is by far the cheapest owner. The team once had to report to the bus at 5am for a 2pm game in Sudbury because the owner didn’t want to go up the night before and pay for a hotel room. He won’t pay for food in the media/scout room. He won’t draft US players likely because their scholarships cost more. He has been accused of making unfavourable trades just to shed scolarship costs. They have only 5 scouts, the lowest number in the league and virtually no GM. Off the ice, he has made many cuts as well. The situation is grim in Niagara.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
The IceDogs owner is by far the cheapest owner. The team once had to report to the bus at 5am for a 2pm game in Sudbury because the owner didn’t want to go up the night before and pay for a hotel room. He won’t pay for food in the media/scout room. He won’t draft US players likely because their scholarships cost more. He has been accused of making unfavourable trades just to shed scolarship costs. They have only 5 scouts, the lowest number in the league and virtually no GM. Off the ice, he has made many cuts as well. The situation is grim in Niagara.
He truly does make Rolf Nilsen look like an angel of an owner.

Reactions: LDN

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
Once Hakon was too old for the league, Rolf really has done a nice job with the team and upgrading the arena.
What do you think DDD's watershed moment would be? Personally, I don't believe he has one. Instead, I think he will run it into the ground until the fanbase is totally decimated (yes, more than it is currently) and that top players will refuse to report on a consistent basis.

None of this is good for Niagara, but it isn't good for the league either. I am surprised the BOG has not censured the team for consistent basement performance and losing their 4000+ seats per game attendance base. Surely the losses affect each team's revenue stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad