Niagara IceDogs 2022-23 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
feel bad for Niagara fans, youve been sold a bill of goods from another bad owner

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
feel bad for Niagara fans, youve been sold a bill of goods from another bad owner
I know nothing at all of the owner, but had thoughts he believes a team can play like ‘80s Oilers without Gretzky, Kurri, Coffey, and Fuhr :)

Last edited:

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
I honestly believe that the best thing that could happen for the fans in Niagara would be for DD to move the team to Branford or wherever he wants. Then Mississauga’s owner sees the empty Meridian Centre and 4000 bored OHL fans and moves the Steelheads (sorry Missi fans) down to Niagara where he can make money selling an extra 2700 tickets per game.

Lets start a new chant at the Dogs games…

GO away DOGS GO away

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I honestly believe that the best thing that could happen for the fans in Niagara would be for DD to move the team to Branford or wherever he wants. Then Mississauga’s owner sees the empty Meridian Centre and 4000 bored OHL fans and moves the Steelheads (sorry Missi fans) down to Niagara where he can make money selling an extra 2700 tickets per game.

Lets start a new chant at the Dogs games…

GO away DOGS GO away
That’s a nice jersey you’re willing to let go.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Anyone see Captain Cato express his leadership by skating over to Costanzo and chirping at him after he scored his seeing eye goal last night?

Ya think Costanzo wanted out?
Refs gave him an earful.

Cato is ‘unfit’ to be the captain of the NID’s.

Reactions: three dog night

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
On a more positive note, three teams have submitted letters to host the 24 memorial cup: Niagara, The Soo and Kingston. I think our package will look pretty good.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
How could you possibly think that…. Respectfully, the team is a disaster, and they lose a lot of their best players, and the ownership is even worse
Niagara will lose 3 of 8 rostered D with Keane being the big loss. The team will be forced to trade some ‘03 forwards and goalie at some point prior to next season, but there is a pretty good chance they lose none to graduation.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
We're dealing with old guard thinking . (See Hockey Canada)
I just don't see the "commitee" seeing a brand new owner with deep pockets and no experience at this level will take him seriously at this point .

Reactions: Roadhog

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
You're all worried about the team but you're losing focus on all of the other important things like access, hotel accommodations and things to do while you're not watching hockey. As far as the team is concerned, I think that all of the overagers will be traded at or before the deadline for picks. Those picks will be used with future picks to trade for players to help next year. It won't be simple to have a competitive team but it can be done.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
You're all worried about the team but you're losing focus on all of the other important things like access, hotel accommodations and things to do while you're not watching hockey. As far as the team is concerned, I think that all of the overagers will be traded at or before the deadline for picks. Those picks will be used with future picks to trade for players to help next year. It won't be simple to have a competitive team but it can be done.
Grrrrrreat…so, essentially what we all witnessed Saturday night but like, every game in Jan-Feb-March?
Season ticket holders will appreciate. Take my money.

We should be able to rent out houses for the Memorial Cup week/weekend to more then cover the costs of our seasons tickets. Win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad