Niagara IceDogs 2022-23 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
London shades the Icedogs 3 to 2 in overtime on Mailloux winning goal . McGurn also scored twice for the Knights. Finis and SIrizzotti scored for the Icedogs. Shots 28 27 for London 3,960 fans watched in the Meridian Centre next game tomorrow night against Windsor at home.

Vegas was right. Niagara is now 3-8 this season and 1-7 in their last 8 games
Overtime losses works like ties.

Last edited:

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Coach needs to go and I might add...that was the worst OHL game I have seen in a long time! Neither team could complete a pass.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He not being replaced.
you also said the keane/leonard trade was fake :)

you are probably right thou, he wont be replaced today, but the current owner may get impatient.

good example of coaching issues in niagara (and organizational issues)

matt papias -1 assist in 6 games in niagara
matt papais - 8 points in 7 games in owen sound

Coach needs to go and I might add...that was the worst OHL game I have seen in a long time! Neither team could complete a pass.
i watched a niagara game the other day, i dont know if they have one system.

Reactions: StormWatcher

Oct 3, 2019
you also said the keane/leonard trade was fake :)

you are probably right thou, he wont be replaced today, but the current owner may get impatient.

good example of coaching issues in niagara (and organizational issues)

matt papias -1 assist in 6 games in niagara
matt papais - 8 points in 7 games in owen sound

i watched a niagara game the other day, i dont know if they have one system.
That’s the problem. No forecheck, regroups, breakouts, PP ot PK. No control over their defence and forwards all over the place. It’s actually a joke to be honest with you. I think the owner should really look into trading the coach and his assistants lol

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That’s the problem. No forecheck, regroups, breakouts, PP ot PK. No control over their defence and forwards all over the place. It’s actually a joke to be honest with you. I think the owner should really look into trading the coach and his assistants lol
i think thats the problem when you bring in a coach, and really 3 coaches, who have zero history of success at tier 2 or the ohl. he probably could be a fine assistant, but he does not have the pedigree of a successful tier 2 coach.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
what does that have to do with a teams systems and style of play, the plays they run off draws, the team identity?

I watch Niagara and I’m not sure what they are? they have some skill but not alot vs their competition. they have some decent defenceman but not consistently mean and making smart decisions.

they look like a group that doesn’t have an identity. We know how the Soo plays, we know how MIssissauga and london plays. I have no clue what the Niagara ice dogs identity is, I’m sure they will tell someone if they asked, but it’s not visable on the ice

Oct 3, 2019
what does that have to do with a teams systems and style of play, the plays they run off draws, the team identity?

I watch Niagara and I’m not sure what they are? they have some skill but not alot vs their competition. they have some decent defenceman but not consistently mean and making smart decisions.

they look like a group that doesn’t have an identity. We know how the Soo plays, we know how MIssissauga and london plays. I have no clue what the Niagara ice dogs identity is, I’m sure they will tell someone if they asked, but it’s not visable on the ice
Don’t even come here and tell me that they have sone skill. They have a lot of skills? They are just not coached. Sorry you’re a spitfire fan, please let me know out of those players who’s skilled?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Don’t even come here and tell me that they have sone skill. They have a lot of skills? They are just not coached. Sorry you’re a spitfire fan, please let me know out of those players who’s skilled?
There is some skill; Zito, Sirrizotti, Fimis, Castle, Copeland, He, Dionicio, Keane are above the mean skill-wise, Dann for a PP, potentially Waddick will be above average.

Reactions: three dog night

spits

Jul 24, 2013
The Spitfires have yet to lose in regulation. They lead the league in goals per game, I think it's safe to say they have all kinds of skill...

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
im from Windsor, certainly not a fan of anyone. there is skill, you’ll have players probably put up point a game seasons, doesn’t mean there’s lots or the team will be successful, but there are above average skilled OHL players. no high end guy, which is also part of the problem.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
im from Windsor, certainly not a fan of anyone. there is skill, you’ll have players probably put up point a game seasons, doesn’t mean there’s lots or the team will be successful, but there are above average skilled OHL players. no high end guy, which is also part of the problem.
Zito is criminally underrated imo. He is not near an elite point producer, but does every thing at high level.
Fimis looks like he will have a break-out season and be a potential OHL star from what I’ve seen so far.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Zito is criminally underrated imo. He is not near an elite point producer, but does every thing at high level.
Fimis looks like he will have a break-out season and be a potential OHL star from what I’ve seen so far.
im not sure I agree, I think wyatt johnson, brant clarke are starts, fimis? is he as good as ryan Abraham? I’m not sure and he’s not a star

even if so, there is no team identity or systems, and if they are, there so basic other teams pick them apart in pre-scouts.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
im not sure I agree, I think wyatt johnson, brant clarke are starts, fimis? is he as good as ryan Abraham? I’m not sure and he’s not a star

even if so, there is no team identity or systems, and if they are, there so basic other teams pick them apart in pre-scouts.
Yeah there’s problems with trying to be a relentless attacking team. That is guys like Jesus and Dann too often making reckless plays while three team mates are too far committed to recover…cheaters get caught :)

I did say looks like a break-out season and potential star. He does have 3 seasons of eligibility. By comparison, OHL superstars in Clarke and Johnston might not see an age 19 season in the league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad