NHL.TV / Center Ice / ESPN+ Discussion - Part IV [See the warning in OP]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm pretty sure tax is only charged at local rates, so if the base price is 100/120 dollars and you're getting charged 160 then something is off.

Reactions: grmpf

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
The price last year was 99usd plus tax, bringing the total to 119usd. Looks like it's the same price this year.

I now see that they finally have an android tv app, so I may need to re-sub this year.

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
Also have two separate account postings - 60 and 90€. Both are 'only' announced to be booked from my banking account (and one of the announced postings can therefore disappear when there was a mistake, had this with other things as well) but I agree, it's very unprofessional from the NHL again.

The app in the last season was a total desaster and the there weren't any big updates so I expect that it's still full of bugs (search bar and button problems as posted above are still there...). This is not worth 150€!

If anyone gets an answer of the support: please post it here. Will help others as well. Thanks!

Edit: just checked my bank account. It seems that the 60€ disappeared and the 97€ is still there.

Last edited:
Reactions: grmpf and Waterbuf

grmpf

Oct 9, 2023
I got a response by the support:

"Upon reviewing your account, you have been charged to a Mid-year subscription. We are currently investigating the issue as you are originally subscribed to NHL.TV Seasonal Subscription... We have already escalated the issue to our Billing team and we will coordinate back to you for any update."

At least they are working on this. And I already wrote back that I'm willing to keep my subscription, if this issue can be solved (because of the lack of other options). Maybe I'm ready to end this toxic relationship next year :).

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
We go through this confusing and deceitful mess every year. The world famous Gary Bettman Clown Show (aka NHL Headquarters) still has absolutely no clue about setting up, controlling, and simplifying their NHL product across today's worldwide TV platforms. They farm it all out to an array of disorganized myopic cyber geeks who wouldn't know what a puck is if it hit them in the face.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
I got a response by the support:

"Upon reviewing your account, you have been charged to a Mid-year subscription. We are currently investigating the issue as you are originally subscribed to NHL.TV Seasonal Subscription... We have already escalated the issue to our Billing team and we will coordinate back to you for any update."

At least they are working on this. And I already wrote back that I'm willing to keep my subscription, if this issue can be solved (because of the lack of other options). Maybe I'm ready to end this toxic relationship next year :).
Thanks for letting us know.

Update on my end: the 64€ - so the wrong amount without taxes - today got booked. Great, the 97€ is still an announced booking, quite pissed about this. Have to contact the support as well... Such an amateurish league it seems

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I got that same e-mail back today as well. This payment still doesn't appear on my bank statement though. The line in mine says "We are currently investigating the issue as you are originally subscribed to NHL.TV Seasonal Subscription Next payment scheduled for October 12, 2023."

I'm not sure why I'm not being charged for it when others are. Maybe it goes by the date you originally subscribed, I remember doing it quite late last year since the system had changed.

DutchHockeyGuy

Mar 8, 2007
Game has started, but I just get the 'live stream will start shortly' message on NHL TV.

Lovely start.

Edit: now the message they are working to fix the stream.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
First experience of the year for NHL.TV. Bolts/Preds game starts 9+ minutes into the game. Video constantly crashing. Force start app, restart, crash again after a few minutes. Rinse/repeat. Now it won't play at all. Error 400.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So apparently games simulcast on ESPN and ESPN+ are blacked out in the markets of the involved teams on ESPN+. I always thought that was just in-market when the teams are playing on their RSNs.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Sportsnet+ is about the same experience as last year on the latest Apple TV: single feed, dropping resolution/frame rate after they inject their own commercials. The Sportsnet+ feed is also about a minute behind.

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
ohh i am so disapointed,
Tampa vs Nashville there is no game replay, and it is a game which i want to see most today :(
Chicago vs Pittsburgh, i havent seen donato s goal, video did jumped few times forward in the times when chicago scored and when they played PP. So very very bad start :(

99% that this year is my last year cos i think thi blockouts or video jump forward will be continue all season long ...

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Streaming is the worst way to watch live sports. Last night was just a horrible experience flipping between apps.

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
Thanks for letting us know.

Update on my end: the 64€ - so the wrong amount without taxes - today got booked. Great, the 97€ is still an announced booking, quite pissed about this. Have to contact the support as well... Such an amateurish league it seems
BTW, I got a reply and it seems that support completely canceled my subscription... Dunno why, because I just said that I don't want to be charged twice to get the subscription... Tried again and hope for the best that I can watch tomorrow's games... Such a shit show this league :(

Edit: watched the Blackhawks game today and I can confirm that in the on demand version the Donato goal was 'blacked out', suddenly the score is different. Jumps happened several times in the game, sometimes 3-4 minutes were missing. Pretty bad start so far...

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I still haven't had an email back and no payments on my card and nothing in my purchase history on the NHL TV site... but I just tried watching the Hawks/Pens game to see what happened and it's playing. I can watch it.

The video is 2:28 which seems very short for such a marquee game, so I guess the goals and bits are missing from the replay too. This happened at the start of last season too for a few weeks.

kaczor

Jul 3, 2005
NZ
I just got charged a 2nd time. First was this 'Mid Season Subscription' that is showing up in my profile, the other just on the credit card statement (not in profile). Wildly different amounts. All this after getting an emails about invalid payment methods. WTF are these clowns doing?

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
I still complain about the horrible image quality from all feeds except Bally Sports and ESPN. TNT, SportsNet, etc. all were blurry. Sportsnet even looked sub 720p and all these feeds seem to be 30fps interpolerated to 60fps which added a lot of motion blur.

And this is in the year 2023 when we should be discussing 4k and 120fps on streaming services. Yet the NHL isn't able to put 720p with 60fps on. Pathetic especially since it worked flawlessly the last years.
I can't believe it but they fixed the blurriness on the SportsNet feeds. Thank god.

Also, the Kodi.tv plugin is still working, no changes there.

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
I just got charged a 2nd time. First was this 'Mid Season Subscription' that is showing up in my profile, the other just on the credit card statement (not in profile). Wildly different amounts. All this after getting an emails about invalid payment methods. WTF are these clowns doing?
Yep, dunno why they're so incompetent... Write the support but be very clear that you don't want to cancel completely but billed once not multiple times... Wish you luck that they get their shit together asap

Reactions: kaczor

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I am about to call it quits with the NHL. I can‘t believe how bad this is.

I had my subscription set up nicely. Auto renewal and all.

In early October (the 5th or the 6th, if I remember), I get notice that my cc is about to be charged for $70 by the NHL. I think “wow, maybe they lowered the prices for European customers. Well done, NHL.“
On the charge it says „NHL Mid Season Subscription.“ This sparks some concern: October 5th/6th is no mid season by any means, but maybe it‘s just some idiotic description.

The Bruins opener is last night. I can‘t watch it, but I think that I will watch it today. I open my personal email to find an email from the NHL saying “your auto renewal has been cancelled“: what? I thought that it was already all settled by that payment?
I log in the NHL TV app… Try to watch the game: no go. It says I need to buy a valid subscription. WHAT? What on earth was that $70 they charged me on October 5th or 6th???

I just spent about 15 minutes with the idiot bot on the NHL TV page. That thing is a dumb as they get. I am tired of dealing with the NHL and their third world level app and customer service. Maybe they just don‘t care about customers and unless they solve this crap real quick, I might be done for good with them. It‘s been nothing but headaches for the past few years.
I wish I could speak to a human there.

• Love
Reactions: Faterson

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I am about to call it quits with the NHL. I can‘t believe how bad this is.

I had my subscription set up nicely. Auto renewal and all.

In early October (the 5th or the 6th, if I remember), I get notice that my cc is about to be charged for $70 by the NHL. I think “wow, maybe they lowered the prices for European customers. Well done, NHL.“
On the charge it says „NHL Mid Season Subscription.“ This sparks some concern: October 5th/6th is no mid season by any means, but maybe it‘s just some idiotic description.

The Bruins opener is last night. I can‘t watch it, but I think that I will watch it today. I open my personal email to find an email from the NHL saying “your auto renewal has been cancelled“: what? I thought that it was already all settled by that payment?
I log in the NHL TV app… Try to watch the game: no go. It says I need to buy a valid subscription. WHAT? What on earth was that $70 they charged me on October 5th or 6th???

I just spent about 15 minutes with the idiot bot on the NHL TV page. That thing is a dumb as they get. I am tired of dealing with the NHL and their third world level app and customer service. Maybe they just don‘t care about customers and unless they solve this crap real quick, I might be done for good with them. It‘s been nothing but headaches for the past few years.
I wish I could speak to a human there.
Scroll back through the pages, lots with same issue, some got a reply back to emails, and posted that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad