Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE - MARCH 8 - HF Bruins Discord backup is open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It’s interesting to me that they don’t seem to be interested in trading Lysell nor do they call him up at all either. He’s kind of like the Voldermort. He who shall not be named. Just not much chatter

Not sure there is another banging down the door with offers for him either. he's another guy who if they were to consider trading him would be far more likely at the draft

Reactions: Gordoff

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Waiting on Sid to make a decision to play with Brad or not next year, lol.

Hell, bring Patrice out of retirement and the three of them reunite for a year.
I don’t know why this is all so funny. Yeah they had $57k in cap space (well more once they LTIR guys), but other teams seemed to have managed. Regardless, if you decide you need a centre then go out and get a centre. Not that PLD is the answer, but Van wasn’t happy with Lindholm. In any event, other teams seemed to have managed to have identified their needs and did what it took to address them. Not sure why Sweeney should get a pass.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Vegad gets hertl
How the hell csn we do anything more then we did with no cap space? The ltir rule is stupid. I know we used it but teams like vegas are abusing it. Legally lol.
I agree the LTIR thing needs to be fixed so that they cannot circumvent this rule. As for the GM, I was not just talking this deadline, VGK always seems to get the big fish and guys that Bruins were interested in: Stone, Pietrangelo, Eichel, Barbashev, Hertl ETC, credit where it is due they make the moves other GM's fail do make.

bruv the cap space

Also were you a Bruins fan last year? Is this your first year? Or you did see last year?
I have been a Bruins probably longer than you have been alive. As for VGK, it was not just about this year, look at the past 4-5 years, they always get a big name.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
PLD is a dog and not the good kind. Plays when he feels like it. Brain dead on the ice for most of the time. He forced his way out of two teams. LA gave him the bag for 8 years and they are already trying to get out from under him before the end of Year 1. That should tell you something.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
They could of used a center who can win face-offs and kill penalties.

With Forbort maybe needing two surgeries and Zboril dealt to CBJ, suddenly their LD group when healthy is Lindholm, Gryz, Wotherspoon, and Lohrei but it drops way off after that. If two LD get hurt in the playoffs your probably then asking a right-shot guy to shift over.
*Ahem* hes in providence *Ahem*

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
After letting it settle I’m changing my F to a D. He got the style of players needed but it reeks of a bigger deal or two falling through and making some desperation moves today to save face after the plan B guys were no longer available. Time will tell, at least they have McAvoy and Pasta locked up.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Would be the ultimate irony if they were to end up riding Ullmark to a Cup.

Not sure how this impacts his relationship with the club as well as the dynamic in the room.

Part of me agrees with Felger. Despite the right to veto, you don’t want me? Fine. I’ll go start elsewhere and make you regret it.

But at the end of the day, they granted the NTC and it’s the player’s prerogative as to whether or not they waive it.
He didn’t want to go out west so far from his family. Felger is an asshole if he cant see that.

Okay I'm brain dead - who is PLD?
Pierre Luc Dubois. Skills out his ass but a diva

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Well, no stud centre but it wasn't like they had many options. Oh well, the boys will settle down now and we have two amazing goalies. Anything is possible. Injuries play a huge role too.

Obviously other teams were bolstered today. The Bruins aren't really expected to go far but I still think anything can happen. I will enjoy the ride, short or long, I just hate for it to end at all. The summer is very long when you hate the weather....lol

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
He didn’t want to go out west so far from his family. Felger is an asshole if he cant see that.

Pierre Luc Dubois. Skills out his ass but a diva
First of all, Ullmark has a NMC and good for him for having it. And I harbour no ill-will at all towards him for invoking it. Good on him for doing so. But I hate this argument. These guys are highly-paid professionals. If they can’t move across the country for 3 months to play in the Stanley Cup playoffs for crissakes then they should just retire and stay home with the wife and kids. Again, I have zero issue with Ullmark here, it’s just that argument/excuse that I despise. Really? You can’t be away from the wife and kids for 3 months? Seriously? To play in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and perhaps win a Stanley Cup? Also, I don’t even know if that’s the reason for Ullmark. Nor care. It’s the argument that I have a problem with.

Edit: plus he probably wants to win it here with Swayman and good on him for that too. I’m glad he invoked his nmc, if he in fact even did.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I'm dissapointed they couldn't get some help up front for Ullmark. Swayman has clearly taken over the net and is a true #1 starter. We would have been fine leaning on him the rest of the way. Trading Ullmark for a centre made so much sense. Instead we have a 5 million dollar backup who will ride the bench in the playoffs while im sure our forward group struggles to score.
How can you be so sure they won't continue to rotate even in the playoffs? Just because it's not done? Rotating goalies all season is uncommon and that has worked. Maybe they won't try to fix what isn't broken. Or at least until they have to.

Reactions: KWbruin

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
How can you be so sure they won't continue to rotate even in the playoffs? Just because it's not done? Rotating goalies all season is uncommon and that has worked. Maybe they won't try to fix what isn't broken. Or at least until they have to.
Imo that’s the only way Ullmark’s value is salvaged for a decent off season return. It’s almost imperative you play both Swayman and Ullmark in the playoffs.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Reactions: CDJ

StrBender

Mar 7, 2005
North Shore, MA
Don:
2g08b3.jpg
One of my all-time favorite shows. I still watch it on youtube!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Reactions: Mione134

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Awesome, that's a fantastic use of contract slot #49 :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I believe we are at the point of the season where they can only use 4 recalls from providence the rest of the year

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad