Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE - MARCH 8 - HF Bruins Discord backup is open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I was at the WJC in 2016 in Toronto for the semifinal game Canada vs Russia & the Marchand Crosby Bergeron line was absolutely dominant. Hands down the best live hockey game I’ve witnessed.

Crosby forcing a trade to skate between Marchand & Pastrnak wouldn’t shock me
Crosby here tomorrow I hope Marchand starts recruiting

Bruins could get Crosby and would expect atleast 20 % to give thumbs down

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
That's not what I said. I simply corrected your assertation that this was only a 3 month stint. Its not.
Yes but he would only be away from his family for a maximum 3 months. Then they all move together, as a family. But yes, guys get NMCs for exactly this reason, and, as I’ve said half a dozen times now, I don’t blame Ullmark AT ALL for invoking it (if he even did). I’m simply saying that the idea that a professional hockey player being away from his family for 3 months constitutes some sort of personal tragedy is absurd.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
It’s the principle that bothers me. They’re a professional hockey players. It comes with the territory. Until they get NTCs and they can veto it. Again, nothing against Ullmark, good on him. It’s the concept that bothers me - that a professional hockey player might not be able to cope with getting traded across the country for 3 months (and they should hope it would be 3 months because then they’d be in the SCF).
Yes but still humans. Have feelings like the rest of us

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I was at the WJC in 2016 in Toronto for the semifinal game Canada vs Russia & the Marchand Crosby Bergeron line was absolutely dominant. Hands down the best live hockey game I’ve witnessed.

Crosby forcing a trade to skate between Marchand & Pastrnak wouldn’t shock me
That would be insane

Reactions: Oates2Neely

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes but he would only be away from his family for a maximum 3 months. Then they all move together, as a family. But yes, guys get NMCs for exactly this reason, and, as I’ve said half a dozen times now, I don’t blame Ullmark AT ALL for invoking it (if he even did). I’m simply saying that the idea that a professional hockey player being away from his family for 3 months constitutes some sort of personal tragedy is absurd.
Nobody is saying it’s a personal tragedy, he’d just rather not do it because it sucks.

Reactions: RoccoF14

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
1709938185237.png

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Re: Linus Ullmark

First we dont know if rumor was true. Weekes only ‘source’.
Second even so its Ullmarks benefit mutually agreed upon to use or not.
Third its not 3 months as said somewhere here. Hes under contract next year too.
Four we dont know if the rumored buyer made first contact.That happens a lot.
Five if rumor was true and if it was for PLD , Ullmark may have saved this franchise until next decade.
That contract is a poison pill for what you get. Not to mention the huge balloon payments he gets next year and year after. True cap is averaged but Jacobs would have to pay out real money. I wouldnt. Not for that player.

Im going to sit back and enjoy whats left of what I always considered a bridge season anyway. And see what off season trades and signings bring.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
As I said, it’s his prerogative if he wishes to invoke the NTC and veto.

No ill will on my end. But some in the fanbase will kill him for it. First soft goal he allows, the argument will be “We could have had X, Y, and Z instead.”

Again, it’s up to each player to do what’s right for them. But would you rather go and be “the guy” for the Kings or potentially sit in the playoffs?

Also LA is a strong playoff contender. Was surprised that was the team he vetoed vs a NJ. His choice, we should be glad he wants to be here.

From an asset perspective a shame.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
First of all, Ullmark has a NMC and good for him for having it. And I harbour no ill-will at all towards him for invoking it. Good on him for doing so. But I hate this argument. These guys are highly-paid professionals. If they can’t move across the country for 3 months to play in the Stanley Cup playoffs for crissakes then they should just retire and stay home with the wife and kids. Again, I have zero issue with Ullmark here, it’s just that argument/excuse that I despise. Really? You can’t be away from the wife and kids for 3 months? Seriously? To play in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and perhaps win a Stanley Cup? Also, I don’t even know if that’s the reason for Ullmark. Nor care. It’s the argument that I have a problem with.

Edit: plus he probably wants to win it here with Swayman and good on him for that too. I’m glad he invoked his nmc, if he in fact even did.
Do we even know if that's true or Felger being Felger? If no proof Felger's being a jerk for carrying it that far.
If true, who's to say that he won't got to the finals with Boston? Stranger things have happened (although I don't expect it).
IMO if Swayman signed Ullmark would maybe be traded but it's all for naught now.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Penguins ownership gets out of Crosby's contract but still profits from him playing 75 games on the regional sports network that is 80% owned by Penguins ownership

It's happening!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Some ppl love their family, idk what to tell ya
Right! Furthermore, do we even KNOW for sure that he blocked a trade or is it people overreacting to meathead Felger?
When Ullmarks dog died he was extremely distraught so maybe he just can't
leave the family even for a few months. Of course after the season the family would have to follow him for at least the last year of his contract. He's stated that Boston is home, that they feel very at home here so...
We do not know.

We do know that Swayman hasn't agreed yet to a contract so there's that.

Last edited:
Reactions: lopey and CDJ

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

I agree, hate is blind. Personally I would love that acquisition. Crosby and 63 together again. Remember a line of Crosby, Marchy, Bergy (2016?) in WC play and frankly in my view, while it was a great line all around, one of thmy best I’ve ever seen, Sid… gonna say it…was a lot better than our boys. He was just on a different level.

Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Fantasyland:
Crosby 1 year remaining 8.7m. Let’s assume Crosby only wants to play with Marchand. Bruins trade 2025 1st ++ for 87 with 1m retained.

Marchand Crosby (7.7m) Pastrnak
Zacha E.Lindholm (7m) Poitras
Heinen Coyle Frederic
Maroon Boqvist Brazeau

Hanifin (7.5m) McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke

Swayman (7m)
Bussi

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Nobody is saying this, they’re only saying that it’s fair that it’s a factor players with nmc consider

I really don’t understand what kind of point you are trying to make
My point is that a hockey player being away from his family for three months isn’t a tragedy. My point is decidedly *not* that Ullmark, having a contractual NMC, doesn’t have a right to designate certain teams that are too far from is family as teams to which he won’t accept a trade. He absolutely does have that right and, as I’ve said repeatedly, good for him and good on him for invoking it (again, again, if it even got that far). My point, again, is that I disagree, in principle, with the idea that a professional hockey player, and his family, somehow can’t deal with him being traded at the deadline. It’s the *concept* that I disagree with. Yet all everyone who responds to me says is “some people love their families” and “I took a lesser-paying job to be with my kids”. So? You should have seen what my wife and I had to deal with when she was in teacher’s college and I was in grad school. You don’t see me invoking it (and no, I didn’t “just invoke it”). Refute the concept, not the instance.

Reactions: Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
First of all, Ullmark has a NMC and good for him for having it. And I harbour no ill-will at all towards him for invoking it. Good on him for doing so. But I hate this argument. These guys are highly-paid professionals. If they can’t move across the country for 3 months to play in the Stanley Cup playoffs for crissakes then they should just retire and stay home with the wife and kids. Again, I have zero issue with Ullmark here, it’s just that argument/excuse that I despise. Really? You can’t be away from the wife and kids for 3 months? Seriously? To play in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and perhaps win a Stanley Cup? Also, I don’t even know if that’s the reason for Ullmark. Nor care. It’s the argument that I have a problem with.

Edit: plus he probably wants to win it here with Swayman and good on him for that too. I’m glad he invoked his nmc, if he in fact even did.

Ullmark doesn't have a NMC. He has a NTC that allows him to block trades to 16 teams.

Reactions: smithformeragent

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Fantasyland:
Crosby 1 year remaining 8.7m. Let’s assume Crosby only wants to play with Marchand. Bruins trade 2025 1st ++ for 87 with 1m retained.

Marchand Crosby (7.7m) Pastrnak
Zacha E.Lindholm (7m) Poitras
Heinen Coyle Frederic
Maroon Boqvist Brazeau

Hanifin (7.5m) McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke

Swayman (7m)
Bussi
John Henry becomes the guy who traded Mookie Betts and Sidney Crosby.

Amazing.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Definitely not the worst case scenario today.

Bottom line is that this entire team has to demonstrate that their play style can translate to playoff hockey. Before that happens, you really can’t invest much.

I hope LA and Boston are just shelving their trade until the Ullmark family can comfortably move out west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad