Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE - MARCH 8 - HF Bruins Discord backup is open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I don’t understand why the Devils would be looking at a goalie right now either, they’re 6 points out of the playoffs and have three teams between them.
They have the firepower.

They dont have luck with health and goaltenders. If they can fix that they can make a run. Though there is a lot of talk about a summer trade, so it looks like they more-so dont want to go into next season with no goaltender badly.

Reactions: SPV and HustleB

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
They have the firepower.

They dont have luck with health and goaltenders. If they can fix that they can make a run. Though there is a lot of talk about a summer trade, so it looks like they more-so dont want to go into next season with no goaltender badly.

I guess if they’re serious and Linus is agreeable, I’d consider something around Siegenthaler and a 1st, maybe throw in Daws or Schmid just in case something happens to Sway. Then we flip Gryz for futures and/or depth.

Reactions: Gordoff

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I guess if they’re serious and Linus is agreeable, I’d consider something around Siegenthaler and a 1st, maybe throw in Daws or Schmid just in case something happens to Sway. Then we flip Gryz for futures and/or depth.
I have no clue what a deal would look like. I wont even take a guess as it would be skewed with how much I like and overvalue Linus.

I am pretty sure Linus has more value to us in the lineup than anything we get for him straight up. Only way I see him moving today is if Sweeney has a big move for a center worked out and he desperately needs cap space.
Unlikely.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I’d prefer they stand pat this deadline. They shot for the moon last year; this year, dance with the girl that brought you and see what happens. Even it means losing Jake for nothing. Look to move Ullmark at the draft, not the deadline.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Bruins don’t have picks and can’t afford to trade prospects. We went in last year and lost this year see what going to happen hopefully after cleaning money we be on board

I agree but can’t giving up first rounders
Only trade bruins can make is with players going out

Baseless speculation in my part, but if Emily Kaplan is saying Bruins are a team to watch tomorrow, and we didn’t scratch anyone tonight….could Linus be on the move? We have nothing else to offer and I’d be shocked if we’d play someone that was a centerpiece in a deal…
Maybe Debrusk wont sign extension and he is on the block

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Can see sweeney trading :
forbert today for a draft pick to a defense needy team .
bringing in Pat Maroon.
that is about it.
announce that they have signed swayman to a 8 year extension at a 7m aav.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'd like to reiterate how much I am against trading our Vezina winning goaltender for the NHL's equivalent of a spoiled brat.

If there is one thing about truly selfish people like Dubois, there is no changing that. In their world, it's all about them, and it will always be about them. It's how they are wired. They cannot even grasp the concept of team or doing things for the betterment of others around them. It's me, me, me, 24-7.

If the Bruins bail out the Kings here taking on Dubois and his grotesque contract they will be a laughing stock.

Again.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If they move Ullmark it has to be for a wow return (even if it is a 3 way to get there). Not someone like Middleton, who is a good player, and would help the team, but not enough to offset the kick to the nuts that dealing Linus would be to the locker room. And not for future draft assets (and I mean end the day with future assets)

It needs to be a wow move that has a mutli year impact to the org. For better or worse PLD could be that. But you really need to believe he can be a PPG player, and not just the 60 point guy he has been in the league.

• Love
Reactions: bbfan419

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Cartoon game, what is that and what's it have to do with Ullmark??
Probably looking forward to a cartoon version of this for the kiddos:
1709904810021.png

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
If we're trading Ullmark to Jersey or LA, the money needs to be pretty close with a small add. Only players on Jersey I see that fit that are Palat (unlikely), Haula (no), Siegenthaler (possible), Marino (unlikely), or Toffoli (UFA, doesn't make sense). Only guys on LA would be Trevor Moore (unlikely), Danault (NMC), Gavrikov (NMC), Matt Roy (unlikely), Kempe (unlikely), or Michael Anderson (unlikely).

Don't really see a good fit for a trade with Ullmark unless we send out Gryz/Forbort and go for a bigger fish. Maybe I'm missing something.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Trading Ullmark would be a good way to offend Swayman, hurt the room, and upset the fanbase all in one swing so I wouldn't be surprised if big brain Sweeney did something like that

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Can't see any major deals for the B's after last night. Team is coming together and showed it's all about attitude for them. They need to be in that mood every night when the games count

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
LA wants a scoring winger no? why would they give up Kempe or Byfield?

Cam talbot probably would come back to be our backup for swayman. Biggest issue with a PLD swap and why I really doubt it will happen.

Kings have even less space than us!

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Trading Ullmark would be a good way to offend Swayman, hurt the room, and upset the fanbase all in one swing so I wouldn't be surprised if big brain Sweeney did something like that
I don’t think Sway is that mentally fragile, carrying two number ones is a luxury no other team seems to worry about employing because come playoff time one of them is likely dead cap. Ullmark and Swayman can remain best friends for life while being on different teams and both live great lives filled with family and luxury. Why would the opportunity to be THE star goalie on an original 6 team be offensive to a pro hockey goalie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad