Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE - MARCH 8 - HF Bruins Discord backup is open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
The Bruins better not even touch PLD with a ten foot pole.

Absolutely not.

That would be mind-boggling.

You want Ullmark?

Give us Byfield then.

No? Okay good. Hang the f*** up.
I would also consider Brandt Clarke

Reactions: Gordoff

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
My sense is that the Bruins have a tight locker room. We saw last year making the team better on paper doesn't guarantee results.

Dealing Ullmark would upset the chemistry, and there may not be enough time in the season to rebuild it.

I'm not a cap expert, but with PLDs extension, I believe there would have to be more parts involved.

I don't see the Kings much, but have heard PLD is a malcontent wherever he plays. And in the recent national game against the Kings, Ray Ferraro repeatedly pointed out PLDs lazy efforts.

Tonight the Bs saw the permanent bond the 2011 squad has. Unless the offer for Ullmark is impossible to turn down, let's give this tandem one more shot, before inevitably being dismantled.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Wow. Possible Ullmark-PLD trade? Haven't watched a ton of PLD but the talent is there and I loved him when I've seen him in the playoffs. Everyone else seems to be shitting on him. Interesting.....

Reactions: The don godfather

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Wow. Possible Ullmark-PLD trade? Haven't watched a ton of PLD but the talent is there and I loved him when I've seen him in the playoffs. Everyone else seems to be shitting on him. Interesting.....

He goes long stretches where he doesn’t seem to be trying at all. I love the skill but he is antithetical to the values the Bruins usually covet.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
No cap space/ or time for heavy lifting. Add a Middleton & an equivalent forward.

I’m fine with this. Keep your 1st and all these kids and reassess come the draft. Then use our cap space 7/1 to address some holes.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This isn’t a roster that you go all in on. And when you have two picks in the top three rounds of the next TWO drafts, it’s time to be realistic about this roster.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
If LA has gone off PLD and is willing to dump him at some point then Boston has the locker room to be able to manage him, he oozes natural skill but also oozes selfishness/immaturity ....I'd take a shot at our boys being able to make him tow the line in a team comes first mentality...make him grow up. However, I doubt LA has given up on him.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
My sense is that the Bruins have a tight locker room. We saw last year making the team better on paper doesn't guarantee results.

Dealing Ullmark would upset the chemistry, and there may not be enough time in the season to rebuild it.

I'm not a cap expert, but with PLDs extension, I believe there would have to be more parts involved.

I don't see the Kings much, but have heard PLD is a malcontent wherever he plays. And in the recent national game against the Kings, Ray Ferraro repeatedly pointed out PLDs lazy efforts.

Tonight the Bs saw the permanent bond the 2011 squad has. Unless the offer for Ullmark is impossible to turn down, let's give this tandem one more shot, before inevitably being dismantled.
I felt that way for a long time but now I’m not sure . I think Swayman can handle the load the rest of the way . I wouldn’t trade Ullmark for Dubois but even to get by the Leafs I think the team needs a boost . Assuming Lindholm is back I think while the backend isn’t perfect keep Lohrei and Wotherspoon in the lineup . If they can play to their potential as a group the backend is okay . I think the top 6 is a little thin . If I can get a good forward for Ullmark I’m pulling the trigger .

Reactions: Gordoff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I would rather end up with a BLT than PLD this trade deadline.

I feel for Ullmark and Jake today. Waking up today, sitting by the mobile phone waiting to find out if you are moving across the continent. It's a stressful day.
Jake should be used to it after last season.

Sweeney should be fired if he trades for PLD. So many red flags there.

I will be absolutely pissed off. He's nothing more than Jake DeBrusk 2.0

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
He goes long stretches where he doesn’t seem to be trying at all. I love the skill but he is antithetical to the values the Bruins usually covet.
Maybe a culture change will help. Everyone says they want a 1C and sounds like he's available..... 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: lopey

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
PLD? Not convinced unless they get him for a 7th round. Even then, the would need retain at 90%.

THE most selfish player in the NHL. Is there anybody else? Has anyone else whined and pouted like a child their way off two NHL teams now and working on a 3rd?

Bruins preach all the time about the culture of the organization. If they bring in the Kyrie Irving of the NHL in Mr. Dubois, then you know all that talk of culture is BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad