League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This has been my only thought tonight too. Thank f*** we got it done in 2018.

Yep, count the blessings. It's tougher and tougher with expansion too. A lot of folks say the feeling fades, but not to me.

It’s so weird that the Panthers can look like the best team in years and all the sudden be so terrible. Listen, I know that the Oilers are a good team, and when they’re in their game they can run you over. That’s one thing. But the Panthers right now look like they are absolutely incapable of playing even the most basic hockey. They honestly look pathetic.

I'm probably going to eat crow on Skinner. I'm ok with it because I am an Oilers fan, however I do feel the frustration of the Panthers. The game isn't over yet and should it go to Game 7, it's well deserved.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think the most troubling thing for Florida is their top D pair seems like they've got nothing left. So many other players also seem on fumes but hard to believe they get it done with that pair being sluggish and not dictating.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
If the Oilers win it all, remember they broke that epic, regular season losing streak to the Caps, lol.

Really glad our final didn't go past 5 games. One game is all it takes to get the opposing team rolling

Indeed and of course Holtby's, "The Save". I can assure you many of the Cap's fans roars were heard in their neighborhood or woods when Eller scored!

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Oilers have all the momentum and Florida has had no answer. I think Florida's goose is cooked unless they can pull out a miracle. We could be witnessing some pretty substantial history here.
Florida should come out doing some like full on rope a dope Hunter hockey for like 10 minutes to weird the Oilers out and then switch back to their normal gears.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Pre-2018, I’m not sure I could watch hockey the next season if the Caps made it to the SCF, went up 3-0, and then lost. Florida fans one game away from generational pain.
You are so right…..that would be as soul crushing as it gets…..and it would have been done over 4 straight games…..

I’d probably walk away from the sport as a fan for a few months….hell some of our own past losses (Montreal, Pens) had me questioning why I spend so much time and $ on this sport/team.

I hope the Panthers rally and win….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad