League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Since there is no transfer agreement with Russia, I think the Flyers overpaid(kind of backdoor channels) to get Michkov over here sooner. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling.
And good for the flyers, so dumb that Reinbacher and Simashev went ahead of him but that’s also the reason we have Leonard now so I’m glad those teams passed on a top 5 talent to so they could lock in their middle pairing defenders!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I remain one of few that remembers Ed Kastelic's 13 games here.

F Florida and their fans all geared up for the monumental choke.
1719273535552.gif

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
so many oilers fans here in Vegas

they scored and you heard a roar from the sports bar next door

I've seen them since Sunday everywhere 😂

Reactions: PlushMinus

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I think that's a decent return for Ullmark, personally. Ullmark has one elite season (on a stacked team) and then a handful of good (but not-elite) seasons. He was essentially even with Swayman this past year, and Swayman was the B's playoff starter. Ullmark is a good starter, but I don't think there's a chance he replicates 2022-23.

Jun 15, 2007
I simply don't trust Bobrovsky to make a save at any point at all.

He is maybe the most inconsistent goaltender ever.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
I would be really happy for Okposo to win a cup, I’ve always liked him and he’s been playing well this playoffs

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
I think that's a decent return for Ullmark, personally. Ullmark has one elite season (on a stacked team) and then a handful of good (but not-elite) seasons. He was essentially even with Swayman this past year, and Swayman was the B's playoff starter. Ullmark is a good starter, but I don't think there's a chance he replicates 2022-23.

Last season was technically elite by the standards of how far goalies have fallen lately. That .915 SV% was can't really be called "good but not great" when it places him 5th out of the 34 goalies with 40+ GP. Over the last five seasons (so including his last two years in Buffalo) his .922 SV% leads the NHL. Maybe it says more about what a crapshoot modern goaltending has become, but Ullmark has to be considered one of the best in the league right now just by virtue of his consistency. Only 1 year left on his contract so that hurts his value, but 5M for a guy who gives you .915 or better every year is fantastic value.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Last season was technically elite by the standards of how far goalies have fallen lately. That .915 SV% was can't really be called "good but not great" when it places him 5th out of the 34 goalies with 40+ GP. Over the last five seasons (so including his last two years in Buffalo) his .922 SV% leads the NHL. Maybe it says more about what a crapshoot modern goaltending has become, but Ullmark has to be considered one of the best in the league right now just by virtue of his consistency. Only 1 year left on his contract so that hurts his value, but 5M for a guy who gives you .915 or better every year is fantastic value.
I'd be a bigger believer in that perspective if Swayman didn't also have top end stats on the same team. To me, that reads a lot like team effects, and that's likely a factor in suppressing his value. It's also why Boston made Ullmark available, despite only having a $5M contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad