League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Advantage Oilers for Game 7? They were down 3-0 in the series and had nothing to lose so to speak for the next 3 games. Now the series is even, so I don't think the Oilers can be so aggressive for Game 7. They expended a good deal to even this series up, but what will they have left for Game 7? Other than the Rangers, no other playoff team has won 4 in row in a series. We have seen in hockey so times one team comes from behind from a multi-goal deficit within a game or a multi-game deficit in a series, only to give up the next goal or lose the next game. With the 2 days in between games, the emotional win in Game 6 for the Oilers comes down some levels going into Game 7.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I think the Oilers are to hard to keep up with for 7 games. They looked finished vs the Stars and then they got gassed. I think the Panthers are gassed

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I think the Oilers are to hard to keep up with for 7 games. They looked finished vs the Stars and then they got gassed. I think the Panthers are gassed
If you are playing regularly every other day, I would agree with that. In this series, there have been multiple 2 days in between games. Panthers/Oilers should both have some mental fatigue playing this long into the playoffs. Both teams will put it all out there as this is Game 7 to win the Cup. Panthers fans being loud should give the players a bit of a boost.

If the Oilers score first, then it's that uh oh feeling for the Panthers again. If the Panthers score first, then some of the ugly taste goes away from the last 3 games. Last 3 games, I don't think Skinner has been tested enough, but I think that will change for Game 7. High power offense will not be able to mask the Oilers deficiencies in their D group and goalie, which they always had.

I still side with the Panthers, because as a Caps fan we know that feeling of never winning the Cup and all the playoff disappointments. Getting that 4th win in the Cup Final can erase/ease that playoff pain from the past.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
The betting public is usually wrong. “Going against the masses” is never a bad idea, in wagering.

So if everyone is taking EDM, smart money is FLA
Yea, they’re both at -110 now, so money is definitely coming in for EDM.

It’s tough, cause it isn’t like EDM has squeaked out close games, with some fortunate luck - they’re kinda blowing FL off the ice. Similar to the VAN/DAL series, where they seemed to figure them out, or wear them down by G6.

Obviously, anything can happen in a single hockey game. But, hard to go with a FL team that looks lost, and against a McDavid who has the Cup within his grasp.

(Which of course means FL will win 5-1. Hockey! It’s random chaos! lol)

Reactions: sycamore

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
It's Game 7. Get the first goal and you likely win the game. Both of these teams are so good at playing with a lead. I wouldn't count out the Panthers for that reason. They are the best team in the NHL playing with a lead.

I think 5 of these games have been won by the team that scored the first goal. Game 2 Oilers lost despite getting the first goal but tbf they were dominated in that 1st period and scored 4-on-4 goal and gave up 4 straight after that.

I still have the Panthers winning. Wouldn't be shocked if the Oilers won though, they are going to play McDavid/Draisatl/Bouchard for 30+ minutes.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
If the Oilers complete the comeback tonight and McDavid wins the Conn Smythe (I think that’s already settled, no way he loses it), that has to massively boost him on the all time players list, right?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Haven’t been this excited about a game since the Caps run. History will be made tonight — either Edmonton pulls off the greatest comeback in league history or the Panthers win their first Cup. I’ve been rooting for Florida most of the playoffs but I’m pulling for Edmonton now, would be incredible to see them pull off the reverse sweep.

Reactions: twabby

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Haven’t been this excited about a game since the Caps run. History will be made tonight — either Edmonton pulls off the greatest comeback in league history or the Panthers win their first Cup. I’ve been rooting for Florida most of the playoffs but I’m pulling for Edmonton now, would be incredible to see them pull off the reverse sweep.

ff86745f97f831a0876121e21c94e9ea.gif

• Haha
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yeah I couldn't imagine being a Florida fan tonight. The feeling would dwarf any of the dread I ever felt prior to 2018.
I’d be a puddle right now and I’d probably have been a useless, anxious grump since Game 5. If the Caps got reverse swept in a SCF after going up 3-0 and they’d never won a Cup before you wouldn’t have seen me here for at least a year.

Reactions: twabby

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
What’re we drinking? Wine? Water? Lemonade? Coors lights? Spritz? Mead? Diet cola?I think I’m having a lemonade with a splash of Titos. (Only one)

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I took the FD boost of Mcdavid 3 shots and Oilers win +200. And took Oilers ML for 2 more units.

My drink is Ovies Wodka lemonade tonight. Lets get those beach bods

Reactions: max21

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Sounds like Michkov will be joining the Flyers. Did not have Michkov beating Leonard to the NHL. C'mon, bro.
Since there is no transfer agreement with Russia, I think the Flyers overpaid(kind of backdoor channels) to get Michkov over here sooner. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad