League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Throwing this in here for those not following the Calder Cup thread (like me) but have been following the Stanley Cup Finals.

THG is reviewing the Calder Cup games and it's good (if like me you aren't watching the games).

Edit - he is a big Hunter Shepard fan:

Last edited:

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Ditch the orange pants, gloves, and helmets but generally speaking, much much better than their current abominations.

Those are still abominations to me. That color scheme might be my least favorite in all the major sports, gold accents don't work with orange.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I remember the Kings/Devils Cup Final in 2013. Kings went up 3-0 in the series only for the Devils to win the next two. Kings took care of business in Game 6 to close it out.

Reactions: DWGie26

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I really don't want McDavid breaking that playoff points record (47) of Gretzky's.

Until this series began I didn't realise how much I dislike the Oilers lol

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Now we gotta wait until Friday. Florida would be a little worried at this point.
I don't have a dog in this fight and I'm a little worried lol.

I'm not sure if the Oilers are playing differently or if the Panthers have just forgotten their game. They seemed to find their way halfway through the second but it was too late.

I wonder if the extra days off are having an effect on their momentum and focus.

Reactions: RedRocking

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't have a dog in this fight and I'm a little worried lol.

I'm not sure if the Oilers are playing differently or if the Panthers have just forgotten their game. They seemed to find their way halfway through the second but it was too late.

I wonder if the extra days off are having an effect on their momentum and focus.
Giving up shorty's are becoming a common issue for the Panthers. I think the Panthers are allowing the Oilers to dictate the pace too much. Panthers need to rediscover their game of being physical and disrupting the flow of the Oilers generating speed and attacking. Oilers offense still masks their weak D group and Skinner.

First 3 games the Panthers outscored the Oilers 11-4. In these last 2 games Oilers have outscored the Panthers 12-4!

Panthers need to get back to outworking and playing smarter than Oilers, like they showed earlier in the series.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad