League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
5 more years @11.5 per for Erik Karlsson……can you even imagine that level of suffering as a fan lol?!

Has to be one of the worst deals of all time…..
The most mind boggling part was that it was fairly obvious Karlsson was NOT the same player he'd been in Ottawa. I remember reading quite a lot of comments from Sens fans saying that ever since he'd fractured his heel he was not the same player. It affected his skating and that was what had made him so good.

Not to mention that San Jose already had a point per game dman in Burns. Did they really need another one?? I don't think so. Would have been better to spend the money on goaltending or more offence.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Overpaid by 3 mil? Have you looked at his production? I’d say he’s overpaid by about $5 mil.

He’s been hurt. He looked much closer to the EK65 of old this year but yeah, he’s still overpaid.

Do you think EK gets $6.5M on the open market if he’s a UFA this year?

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Love how the mains is full of the usual hot takes just because the Avs scored a couple of goals. "This one's over" "All the East teams are garbage" "now the Bolts have to play a REAL team"

Sigh - it really feels as if HF Boards is 95 percent idiots. Then again I guess that's not much different from humanity in general!

Reactions: kicksavedave

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He’s been hurt. He looked much closer to the EK65 of old this year but yeah, he’s still overpaid.

Do you think EK gets $6.5M on the open market if he’s a UFA this year?
Maybe for a few years tops! Is anyone offering him term at big $?

I mean one fool might, but I don’t see GM’s lining up….

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Generally speaking - I think two big budget D on the same team *could* work, but the management and coaching staff need to have a concept in place that breaks the "mold" of a standard hockey team a little bit. You can't just plug one of them as "1RD" and the other in as "2RD" and expect it all to magically be worth the investment. Anaheim won the 2007 Stanley Cup with a $6.75M D ($12.5M in today's cap hit) and a $6.25M D ($11.5M in today's cap hit) on the team at the same time. But they found ways to have one of Nidermayer or Pronger on the ice at basically all times (each of Pronger, Niedermayer, and Beauchemin averaged above 29:51 TOI/GP during the playoffs - absolutely nutty), used basically a 5D rotation to get that done, and utilized both of these near-PPG on PP1 together in a fashion that maximized both of their skillsets.

It's doable, but you have to be a bit creative to get it done.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
That's a great rush by Burakovsky there. Get the puck out of their zone, gains Tampa's zone, knows he's cornered, pulls up and maintains possession while Colorado changes lines. That's effective transition speed.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
i do not get excited by Sean McDonough goal calls. Really bums me out that this is the crew we get for the Finals

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Oof mains spoke too soon - maybe it won't be Avs in 4 :laugh:

More or less. There's more to it than that, but the gist is that his parents forced him into bankruptcy.
Yeah and I see that he refused to press charges against them. At least he has paid back all his creditors from what I have read. I guess Christmases are awkward at the family home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad