League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
1653048362094.png

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Isn't agreeing on how much to be paid kinda, like, the biggest part of a contract negotiation? :laugh:

This basically sounds like they've both agreed to a 7 or 8 year term, but haven't agreed on much else yet.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
One would think money and movement clauses would be the most important things.

But it’s hard to see Nashville letting their most dynamic forward in team history walking, and hard to see Forsberg not taking an 8th year that only Nashville can offer him (unless his rights are traded).

Plus, this is the NHL. The most boring option is usually what ends up happening.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
McDavid has goat ability.

Guy is far and away best player of this generation - even ahead of Ovi and Crosby.

Kid is playing in his 9th playoff game of the year and had 20 points... and is putting up 100 point season after 100 point season with ease too.

Sucks he plays games that start so late here on East Coast. Would be nice to be able to watch a guy like that more - because we may have the greatest hockey player of all-time playing right here and now.

Reactions: Kerberos

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
What do you mean?

A tongue in cheek comment, but the NHL has to be disappointed that the most electrifying player in the NHL is in Edmonton where very few people see him play compared to other bigger markets. I bet they wish that Toronto or even Buffalo won the lottery over Edmonton.

Of course it doesn’t help that they don’t really promote him either. They should be putting him in prime time every chance they can, even if it means playing games a bit earlier in Edmonton’s local time. It’s crazy that last nights game was at 10:45!

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I wonder if he will reach the stardom that Ovechkin and Crosby has/had. I mean they’re mentioned in rap songs! But really friends of mine or colleagues will ask about a Crosby/Ovechkin but absolutely have no idea who Mcdavid is. Obviously they’re not big hockey fans but you know what I mean, maybe he will eventually get to that level

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'm glad the NHL didn't rig the draft lottery and not because I like the Oilers. The NHL already has a corrupt record with Eagleson and Toronto is already catered to even if they haven't won a cup in decades. If McDavid went to Buffalo he would be in Toronto or the NYR via trade. Not everyone is a fan of the Leafs or NYR and I know I don't like being forced to watch the Leafs or Rangers due to market restrictions. Then there is the salary cap issue that saved many Canadian franchises or was used to to make people think this. If we had no salary cap, the Caps wouldn't have had to let players walk or worry about contracts with Ted's spending and Ovy would be the goal scoring record leader now due to no lockouts. Additionally, teams can't be super bad anymore due to draft changes which eliminated a sure first overall and so far benefitted the Caps rivals due to luck.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
A tongue in cheek comment, but the NHL has to be disappointed that the most electrifying player in the NHL is in Edmonton where very few people see him play compared to other bigger markets. I bet they wish that Toronto or even Buffalo won the lottery over Edmonton.

Of course it doesn’t help that they don’t really promote him either. They should be putting him in prime time every chance they can, even if it means playing games a bit earlier in Edmonton’s local time. It’s crazy that last nights game was at 10:45!

Yes, that is a big negative, especially in the US. I remember those double OT games. I believe it was when Tikkanen haunted Gretzky and basically eliminated the Kings by himself (1991). I only was able to stay up and watch it due to be ill and stay home from school lol.

I forgot Shuchuk's big OT goal for the Kings vs Vancouver. I was barely asleep when Don Wittman calls Shuchuk's name and GWG goal. That was one long late night.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think he crosses $10m as a UFA. I think Nashville needs to pay him 8 x $9.5m to keep him.
Nothing like a career year when it matters……a one time 40g scorer, 2 time 30g getter (last time before this year was 5 years ago)…..I bet that dude is traded once or twice before this deal ends. He’ll be a disappointment in 4 years IMO (or at least that’s what I’m telling myself ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad