League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Oettinger posted a .954 and Dallas still lost.

They had no business being in that series.
They are a really bad team. That top-line carried them into the Playoffs and they were dearly missing Hintz in Game 7.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Handshake line when a playoff series ends is one of my fav things. Love to watch the player interactions. One of the few chances we get to see them being 'themselves' - if you know what I mean.

And now having said that. The Dallas / Calgary handshake was great. Lots of connections and especially liked Markstrom and Oettinger.

Pens / Rangers was the exact opposite. No r/ships between any of those players and was all just a formality. Blah.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
1652700908581.jpeg

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Talk about a big downgrade, unless they manage to keep Korn by doing that.

At least it means one fewer contender for guys like Carbery, Sturm, Halpern, and Velucci.
Without significant roster changes, this is a set-up for failure. Then again, many here thought TR moved into a position primed for success, and we know how that turned out.

It will be interesting to see how Lambert's approach differs from BT's.

Jun 15, 2007
I guess that means NYI will take Lambert at 13 if he's available? ( he will be)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Second time that Trotz is replaced by one of his assistants (Reirden in Washington, Lambert in NYI).

If past experience is any indication of what’s to come, success usually follows Trotz and not the assistants.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wow, after a brief survey, it seems the Pens fans really want Sullivan fired into the sun. Way more than people here want Lavi gone.

Doesn’t seem smart imho, but with new ownership’s great power, comes great possibilities (or something like that).
They lost to us in the second round in 2018 and then backed that up with three other first round losses and a qualifying round loss. Five years since they won the Cup and they’ve advanced one time, which I imagine is not the note they wanted to end the Sid, Geno, Letang era on. I think he’s a really good coach but I can understand their frustration. What would we be saying if Trotz had been the coach this whole time and the results were the same as what they have been? These boards would be ablaze with Fire Trotz if he went out in the first round in four straight seasons.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
They lost to us in the second round in 2018 and then backed that up with three other first round losses and a qualifying round loss. Five years since they won the Cup and they’ve advanced one time, which I imagine is not the note they wanted to end the Sid, Geno, Letang era on. I think he’s a really good coach but I can understand their frustration. What would we be saying if Trotz had been the coach this whole time and the results were the same as what they have been? These boards would be ablaze with Fire Trotz if he went out in the first round in four straight seasons.
All good points, maybe I just have him overrated in my head from the success last decade. They did have to deal with Louie Louie this year and an imploding Jarry last year.

Though, I guess they don’t play great D in front of those guys to help, since they’re always attacking on offense. We were much more committed to team D, this year against FL, even if the end results didn’t always reflect that. I give our staff (and our players) credit for that. If only Sammy knew how to squeeze his pads and/or use his paddle to stop a simple 5-hole shot (I still can’t believe Giroux’s G6 goal happened to a playoff NHL goalie 🤦‍♂️)

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Wow, after a brief survey, it seems the Pens fans really want Sullivan fired into the sun. Way more than people here want Lavi gone.

Doesn’t seem smart imho, but with new ownership’s great power, comes great possibilities (or something like that).
That would be a mistake but if that happens. He's one of the best coaches in the league.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Great move but I wonder if Ekblad is still a bit banged up from Ovie’s hit in Game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad