League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Oh man that is a lot of pain in Toronto. I remember back in the Caps/Leafs series one smug Leafs poster kept posting about the decline of the Caps and this was the Caps year or else and how the Leafs will be the new power house. Caps end up winning series and losing to Pittsburgh next round, however the Caps eventually won a cup with multiple playoff appearances since then. This one is for you Toronto poster.

Edmonton will win for sure. McDavid is just too good.
I like both teams, but I don't underestimate Quick and the core there. It really is up to the Stars in Edmonton to carry them. They can't have an off game.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Now just need McDrai to lose, and these young superstars will continue to learn that it is really hard to win in the loffs.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Pretty easy to root for Florida in the East. Hornqvist is annoying but they weren’t dirty or anything against Washington. Rather not see Tampa win again, and no to any of the Metro teams.

Avalanche in the West would be cool.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Now just need McDrai to lose, and these young superstars will continue to learn that it is really hard to win in the loffs.
Yep, it's the most unforgiving sport imho, especially during the playoffs. There are no short cuts, well maybe cap circumventions, lol.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Just dislike the Leafs. Nothing against Canadian teams lol….although I do love the drama when a Toronto or Edmonton go out….;)
I have a somewhat irrational dislike of the Habs which mostly revolves around an ex-girlfriend whose family are die-hard Montreal fans (and Quebecois) :laugh:

Probably need to let that go at some point haha

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Pretty easy to root for Florida in the East. Hornqvist is annoying but they weren’t dirty or anything against Washington. Rather not see Tampa win again, and no to any of the Metro teams.

On the other hand seeing Florida struggle as they did with Washington and lose to Tampa again would be hilarious. I am going for the comedy, parity be damned

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

I would be ok with Florida winning the SC. It's the only team in the East I would root for at this point. Like you said they weren't dirty and no rivalry. If they don't adjust, they are going down in 6 games to TB.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I feel legitimately sad for Leafs fans. I feel like we’re some kind of weird kindred spirits. I remember when we beat them in the playoffs a few years ago they were so young, so naive, so excited. The fans were thrilled that they pushed a Cup contender like the Caps to the brink. They felt like they had the world in front of them and it was just a matter of time until they got there. Just like we were in 2008 and 2009. Happy to be there, happy to be good again. Young, dumb, and in love.

Now? Choke artists. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Wondering if they’ll ever have nice things again. Hopes and dreams crushed. Life is pain. Life is pointless. Believe in nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: max21

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I have a somewhat irrational dislike of the Habs which mostly revolves around an ex-girlfriend whose family are die-hard Montreal fans (and Quebecois) :laugh:

Probably need to let that go at some point haha
As for me I traditionally like the Canadian teams (Edmonton, Winnipeg), however I can't stand the Leafs fans. I was actually hoping the Leafs would make the 2nd round though.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Jun 15, 2007
If your goal is to make it to the second round, Trotz seems like the closest thing to a sure bet.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Washington at least (used to) win first round series with some regularity.
One of my favorites was when BB was still coach and the NYR fans chanting him and the Caps end up winning the series with Nuevirth, Majo, and Semin having a series impact. The look on Girardi's face with elimination was epic.

Mostly under Trotz.
BB won two and lost one. If not for Philly, he may have went 3-0. Oh, had to edit. BB lost the Montreal series. So his record is 2-2 in the first round.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
As for me I traditionally like the Canadian teams (Edmonton, Winnipeg), however I can't stand the Leafs fans. I was actually hoping the Leafs would make the 2nd round though.
I like the Canadian teams too. And yeah I was hoping to see the Leafs play Florida (or even better, the Caps).

McDavid is gonna play like 33 mins. Dude has been taking games over - refuses to lose, while Drai watches and glares
Draisatl is injured - high ankle sprain apparently. So that might be why he's watching and glaring :laugh:

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Ahh, ok. I find their relationship fascinating - seems pretty clear they hate each other, ha!
oh really? I haven't seen enough of their interactions outside of them playing on the same line and the PP.

I think North Americans expect Draisatl to have more "personality" but he's German and they can be quite, uh, reserved (or dour might be the better word lol).

Reactions: RedRocking

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I’ve read a lot of random things from the EDM press (and other hockey outlets)the past few years that they don’t like playing together, etc... Drai doesn’t like living in McD’s shadow.

Who knows how true this stuff is, of course. If they lose, I imagine we’ll see that storyline come out again.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
I feel legitimately sad for Leafs fans. I feel like we’re some kind of weird kindred spirits. I remember when we beat them in the playoffs a few years ago they were so young, so naive, so excited. The fans were thrilled that they pushed a Cup contender like the Caps to the brink. They felt like they had the world in front of them and it was just a matter of time until they got there. Just like we were in 2008 and 2009. Happy to be there, happy to be good again. Young, dumb, and in love.

Now? Choke artists. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Wondering if they’ll ever have nice things again. Hopes and dreams crushed. Life is pain. Life is pointless. Believe in nothing.
Nah, f*** them. That was the year Kadri cost us a deep run with his filthy knee hit on Ovechkin wasn't it?

Reactions: heartbreak

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I’ve read a lot of random things from the EDM press (and other hockey outlets)the past few years that they don’t like playing together, etc... Drai doesn’t like living in McD’s shadow.

Who knows how true this stuff is, of course. If they lose, I imagine we’ll see that storyline come out again.
Would be find giving Draisatl the spotlight here! Backstrom + CMM + Carlson + 2023 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad